PF 83 GP 51

PFDAD

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got world class kids. The Seniors play together, they spread the ball, they're unselfish and they should go a long, long way in the State Tournament. If the team is managed well and coached up as the road to The 'Boro draws nearer, nothing should stop them. They handed it to us last night, from the get go. And at the end, too. Not hard to run up another 15 points on GP's second string at the end of the game to put an exclamation point on it.

You've got world class kids. The Seniors play together, they spread the ball, they're unselfish and they should go a long, long way in the State Tournament. If the team is managed well and coached up as the road to The 'Boro draws nearer, nothing should stop them. They handed it to us last night, from the get go. And at the end, too. Not hard to run up another 15 points on GP's second string at the end of the game to put an exclamation point on it.

The only reason they kept running the score up is because gp's jv ran up the score earlier and gp's varsity and coach had been talking smack to pigeon forge. I think they were making a point to gp and the rest of the district

It's the other way around. If I remeber right it was ALL of PF Jvers playing the last 3 min. and GP had 2 or 3 starters in until the final buzzer

The only reason they kept running the score up is because gp's jv ran up the score earlier and gp's varsity and coach had been talking smack to pigeon forge. I think they were making a point to gp and the rest of the district

First, PF had players that didn't see the floor until 2:30 left in the game. I'm also pretty sure GP had freshmen and sophomores in for the last half of the 4th quarter. GP's jv also didn't run the score up. They jumped out to a 16-0 lead and crused from then on out. They had four freshman play most of the 4th quarter of the jv game (against juniors). If Coach Wright ran the score up because of that he isn't very intelligent. What do think will happen two years down the road when those jvers are playing varsity with the two sophomores that are already starting on GP's varsity?

As far as the current PF team, they're good. BUT not good enough to win state. Coach Wright's dad coached some teams at GP that would have beat the current PF team by 20. The same goes for some teams from Alcoa, Seymour, AE, and McMinn Central and none of those teams competed at state. PF lacks the depth to make a serious run. Woodrick and the other seniors are good ballplayers. Woodrick has some of the best court vision I've seen in East TN. But what happens when Woodrick and Harper are in foul trouble? PF is forced into playing 5 guards. It's tough to win state when you have a 6 foot guard matched up on a player like Wayne Chism. PF, enjoy this season, but have realistic goals.

Edited by cneagles13

First, PF had players that didn't see the floor until 2:30 left in the game. I'm also pretty sure GP had freshmen and sophomores in for the last half of the 4th quarter. GP's jv also didn't run the score up. They jumped out to a 16-0 lead and crused from then on out. They had four freshman play most of the 4th quarter of the jv game (against juniors). If Coach Wright ran the score up because of that he isn't very intelligent. What do think will happen two years down the road when those jvers are playing varsity with the two sophomores that are already starting on GP's varsity?

As far as the current PF team, they're good. BUT not good enough to win state. Coach Wright's dad coached some teams at GP that would have beat the current PF team by 20. The same goes for some teams from Alcoa, Seymour, AE, and McMinn Central and none of those teams competed at state. PF lacks the depth to make a serious run. Woodrick and the other seniors are good ballplayers. Woodrick has some of the best court vision I've seen in East TN. But what happens when Woodrick and Harper are in foul trouble? PF is forced into playing 5 guards. It's tough to win state when you have a 6 foot guard matched up on a player like Wayne Chism. PF, enjoy this season, but have realistic goals.

First of all, McMinn Central and Alcoa both participated in the state tournament last year, so please get your facts straight. Also, please don't worry about the past because that is over and don't worry about the future, we will see what happens when it gets here. One more thing, if PF happens to go far this year, I don't think they will have to worry about matching up with Wayne Chism. So, use someone like maybe Terrence Oglesby, someone current. So, PF may enjoy this season, but have straight realistic facts cneagle.

There's never been a Gp team that could beat this Pf team by 20

First of all, McMinn Central and Alcoa both participated in the state tournament last year, so please get your facts straight. Also, please don't worry about the past because that is over and don't worry about the future, we will see what happens when it gets here. One more thing, if PF happens to go far this year, I don't think they will have to worry about matching up with Wayne Chism. So, use someone like maybe Terrence Oglesby, someone current. So, PF may enjoy this season, but have straight realistic facts cneagle.

Maybe you need to read the post correctly. What I said about the other east TN teams is that they would have beat PF by 20. I also said someone like Wayne Chism. Chism is just a freshman at UT. He played in high school last year. It's not like I'm proposing PF play someone that was in high school 40 years ago. Your also scared to worry about the future because, like most people in Sevier County, you realize the future looks bleak for PF. I'm not trying to disrespect PF, I'm just trying to be realistic. And volunteer, if you think there's never been a GP team that could beat this year's PF team, you must have moved to Sevier County last year. Out of curiousity, do names like Chuck Edwards and Mark Pintaure ring a bell?

Maybe you need to read the post correctly. What I said about the other east TN teams is that they would have beat PF by 20. I also said someone like Wayne Chism. Chism is just a freshman at UT. He played in high school last year. It's not like I'm proposing PF play someone that was in high school 40 years ago. Your also scared to worry about the future because, like most people in Sevier County, you realize the future looks bleak for PF. I'm not trying to disrespect PF, I'm just trying to be realistic. And volunteer, if you think there's never been a GP team that could beat this year's PF team, you must have moved to Sevier County last year. Out of curiousity, do names like Chuck Edwards and Mark Pintaure ring a bell?

I believe you are new to Sevier County there Slick. Maybe PF dad can back me up here, but didnt PF beat Gp once in the season and in the tournament Chuck Edward's senior year. Also, the team with Pintaure and those oher players was good, but they wouldnt beat this team by 20. They didnt even win the region that year if i remember correctly. Do Yourself a favor and dont come on here with ridiculous statements like these.

I would say that this PF team would beat ANY GP team ever. They might be closer then the one was this past week but I got one name for you...Woodrick! No matter how good a player is if Adam is playing he will make sure that he plays better then the other teams best player.