IMAC Strong?

hessforprez

If you ask me, thats a poor reflection on the coach. I can see how he wants to try and play everyone, but Omar is easily the best player in the conference. Why sit him on the bench half the game? Why not start him some games? Is he trying to act like Science Hill is so much better than everyone they can win without their best player? It worked pretty well for him last year, I guess he didn't learn too much. Just my opinion, though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omar shot the ball nearly 3 times more than anyone else on the court. His shooting percentage wasn't particularly better than anyone else's...he just took more shots.

You can say the same for Wiggins...if you shut down the inside, you gotta go to your outside man.

Sorry…this post just rubbed me wrong. That represents trash talking to me…so please save the “poor sweet innocent poster” bit for somebody else…I’m not buyin it. I follow your posts and I know your “I’m smarter than you are” style. You should get a better source for you information because I was at the game and Enumclaw had A LOT of wide open shots and missed them every time. This one kid had to be 0-10 from his little spot in the corner behind the ark. Enumclaw made a surge toward the end of the third / beginning of the fourth and I don’t believe Antwaine came out until the closing minute or two of the game. I don’t disagree with keeping you “bread and butter” (“and milk” in this case) in the game if he has the wind (and Wiggins showed no signs of getting tired). I do think that coaches have to see beyond their noses and realize that life goes on after this year, and a 20+ point lead should be an opportunity to let the “young bucks” get some game time experience…especially in an atmosphere like the Arby’s. I know Coach Duncan isn’t stupid…that’s why he kept Wiggins in the game…he knows his team, but do you?

As fare as me being a Tennessee High fan goes…look around you. That’s right, we are the only other representation of this region still in the hunt…call it luck of the draw if you want but I would pick Irmo against Enumclaw any day. We have won against last years Region 1 runner-up DB and blasted last years Big 9 District champion Central. And even though this is admittedly a rebuilding season for the Vikings…I like our chances against ANY IMAC team. And yes that includes Greenville and the “Caped Crusader”!!! One thing you are right about…Wiggins is the man! As a high school player I would pick Wiggins over Wattad any day…but as a College prospect I’m not so sure. Omar's game has matured more so than Antwaine's. I don't think Antwaine's himself really knows what he could be capable of. :thumb: One more thing...I hope you don't get me wrong when I say "one man team". There are other players on Greenville’s team that are capable of making an impact in more of a team setting...I just didn't see it last night (and another reason could be that they don’t have too). You have at least two of the other kids that would probably start for us any day.

Wow Cap, why the bad attitude towards Greeneville? You have seen them play what one game this season and I agreed with you that Wiggins carried them last night. Yeah your go to player is supposed to carry a team. I even was bragging on Wattad. Yeah I know that most of the players for Science Hill are sophomores, I was there last year when the freshman team had a 30 point lead and still full court pressing like it was a 3 point game. That is their style of play and they are good at it. Wattad 8-16 from the floor - 2-2 from the line - 2-4 from the 3 point line total of 20 points. Wiggins 8-14 from the floor 9-14 from the line & 3-7 from the 3 point line total of 28 points. Why not give both of them their props and and say they are pretty good, their respective teams are better with them than without them. As for next year, well heck the 1972 Dolphins are still the only undefeated pro football team and I think they still will be after next season.

Sorry fan23…I have nothing against the Greenville team. Just a little jousting among fanatics. I actually pulled for Greenville last night. But make no mistake…when it’s time to play the Big 9 boys they’re going down. :thumb:

Sorry…this post just rubbed me wrong. That represents trash talking to me…so please save the “poor sweet innocent poster” bit for somebody else…I’m not buyin it. I follow your posts and I know your “I’m smarter than you are” style. You should get a better source for you information because I was at the game and Enumclaw had A LOT of wide open shots and missed them every time. This one kid had to be 0-10 from his little spot in the corner behind the ark. Enumclaw made a surge toward the end of the third / beginning of the fourth and I don’t believe Antwaine came out until the closing minute or two of the game. I don’t "disagree with keeping you “bread and butter” (“and milk” in this case) in the game if he has the wind (and Wiggins showed no signs of getting tired). I do think that coaches have to see beyond their noses and realize that life goes on after this year, and a 20+ point lead should be an opportunity to let the “young bucks” get some game time experience…especially in an atmosphere like the Arby’s. I know Coach Duncan isn’t stupid…that’s why he kept Wiggins in the game…he knows his team, but do you?

As fare as me being a Tennessee High fan goes…look around you. That’s right, we are the only other representation of this region still in the hunt…call it luck of the draw if you want but I would pick Irmo against Enumclaw any day. We have won against last years Region 1 runner-up DB and blasted last years Big 9 District champion Central. And even though this is admittedly a rebuilding season for the Vikings…I like our chances against ANY IMAC team. And yes that includes Greenville and the “Caped Crusader”!!! One thing you are right about…Wiggins is the man! As a high school player I would pick Wiggins over Wattad any day…but as a College prospect I’m not so sure. Omar's game has matured more so than Antwaine's. I don't think Antwaine's himself really knows what he could be capable of. :thumb: One more thing...I hope you don't get me wrong when I say "one man team". There are other players on Greenville’s team that are capable of making an impact in more of a team setting...I just didn't see it last night (and another reason could be that they don’t have too). You have at least two of the other kids that would probably start for us any day.

Just a couple of things before i leave for the game Cappy

Noone in the free world would ever conclude this post to be trash. You will notice I said the same about Antwaine.

QUOTE(barb @ Dec 28 2006 - 08:42 AM) *

"Omar shot the ball nearly 3 times more than anyone else on the court. His shooting percentage wasn't particularly better than anyone else's...he just took more shots.

You can say the same for Wiggins...if you shut down the inside, you gotta go to your outside man."

And the whole "smarter than YOU " thing isn't just style. However your style seems to be make blanket statements w/o thinking and then 3 or 4 more to clarify your position. No wonder those central fans dog on you so much.

Sorry…this post just rubbed me wrong. That represents trash talking to me…so please save the “poor sweet innocent poster” bit for somebody else…I’m not buyin it. I follow your posts and I know your “I’m smarter than you are” style. You should get a better source for you information because I was at the game and Enumclaw had A LOT of wide open shots and missed them every time. This one kid had to be 0-10 from his little spot in the corner behind the ark. Enumclaw made a surge toward the end of the third / beginning of the fourth and I don’t believe Antwaine came out until the closing minute or two of the game. I don’t disagree with keeping you “bread and butter” (“and milk” in this case) in the game if he has the wind (and Wiggins showed no signs of getting tired). I do think that coaches have to see beyond their noses and realize that life goes on after this year, and a 20+ point lead should be an opportunity to let the “young bucks” get some game time experience…especially in an atmosphere like the Arby’s. I know Coach Duncan isn’t stupid…that’s why he kept Wiggins in the game…he knows his team, but do you?

As fare as me being a Tennessee High fan goes…look around you. That’s right, we are the only other representation of this region still in the hunt…call it luck of the draw if you want but I would pick Irmo against Enumclaw any day. We have won against last years Region 1 runner-up DB and blasted last years Big 9 District champion Central. And even though this is admittedly a rebuilding season for the Vikings…I like our chances against ANY IMAC team. And yes that includes Greenville and the “Caped Crusader”!!! One thing you are right about…Wiggins is the man! As a high school player I would pick Wiggins over Wattad any day…but as a College prospect I’m not so sure. Omar's game has matured more so than Antwaine's. I don't think Antwaine's himself really knows what he could be capable of. :D One more thing...I hope you don't get me wrong when I say "one man team". There are other players on Greenville’s team that are capable of making an impact in more of a team setting...I just didn't see it last night (and another reason could be that they don’t have too). You have at least two of the other kids that would probably start for us any day.

Hey Cap, looking at your team's performance today (beaten by 33, highest scorer was 6) would you like to reconsider that post? Another quick note, two of Antioch's players combined outscored your entire team

Edited by what_a_game

Hey Cap, looking at your team's performance today (beaten by 33, highest scorer was 6) would you like to reconsider that post? Another quick note, two of Antioch's players combined outscored your entire team

I hope you don't think that any team in the IMAC (including Greeneville) could play with Antioch.

I am wrong or does Antioch run the old "Cougar Offense" sometimes?

Let me start by saying that Greenville as a team looked much better tonight. How is that for a "blanked statement" (barb)? But regardless of point spread (what a game) they are still in the same bracket with my Vikings...no matter how you spell GreenEville (devilmom), and that's the one set aside for losers! So would you like to reconsider YOUR post? I don't know why all you Devil fans are getting so worked up...I just call it like I see it. That's my style!!! :thumb:

Let me start by saying that Greenville as a team looked much better tonight.

I agree that Greeneville looked more like a team tonight. The half court pressing trap that Greeneville uses did not damage at all to the Krop team, they handled it very well and seems they had no answer for 00 when he and 15 were in the game together. Greeneville shot very very poorly from the foul line 10-23 for 43%. Actually shoot better from the field 16-36 for 44%. Wiggins getting a finger in the eye hurt his game and he was having trouble seeing well out of that eye. One question from me though is Wes Woods #5 scores 8 points in a row and then they do not get him the ball any more, sure your star is supposed to step up but when someone has the hot hand shouldn't you try to get him the ball? And cap I am not getting worked up over anything I try to call it like I see it too and I have to admit that I have been wrong on an occasion or two.

Edited by volunteerfan23

You should get a better source for you information because I was at the game and Enumclaw had A LOT of wide open shots and missed them every time. This one kid had to be 0-10 from his little spot in the corner behind the ark.

I beleve you are speaking of # 10 C.J. Fitzpatrick he was 2-9 , 1-7 from the three point line according to the stats on the Arbys classic website.