Chris Donald

Big Country

WHAT BIG THINGS HAVE WEIS DONE? WOW THERE GOING TO A BCS GAME, WHICH THEY DON`T DESERVE TO BE GOING TO, AND YOU AND ALL THE ND FANS WILL FIND THAT OUT L.S.U. BLOWS THEM OUT. YOU NEED TO STOP LIVING IN THE PAST THE 4 HORSEMAN ARE GONE! PAUL HORNING IS GONE AND JOE MONTANA IS GONE N.D. AT BEST IS AND HAS BEEN A AVERAGE TEAM SINCE HOLTS LEFT. THATS THE WRITIN ON THE WALL ! :blink:

First off, I'm not a Notre Dame fan at all...I don't dislike them...They have a great program and the 99% graduation rate is more important that any football career since the majority of college players will be doing something other than professional football...I do agree that LSU will beat Notre Dame, but I don't expect a blowout...Oh, and who is Tennessee playing this year in a bowl game? What bowl are they in?? Oh yeh, the Dip'N'Dot Bowl...It'll be aired on Comedy Central :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you were more than happy to prove my point.

And last time I checked UT had six national championships, but who cares, I'm not living in the past like so many Domers like to do.

Good point about living in the past. To quote Lou Holtz then re: where the players might want to go:" Choosing to go to Notre Dame is a forty-year decision, not a four-year decision. "

And, I think you are using Alabama math on your NC count. By their method, ND can claim 22 NC.

ND has 8 AP titles, Bama 6 and UT 2.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

Take your orange glasses off man...Brady Quinn has the most upside at the next level...I also think the kid from Hawaii and Troy Smith will be good nfl QB's in time...Ainge has an NFL arm as well, but I don't think his decision making is anything near Brady Quinn's...I could see Ainge having a very similar career to Ryan Leaf...Same build, same arm...Atleast Leaf had a great college career...You say he never steps up against big teams...What has Ainge done? If not for Cutcliffe, he'd be very average, as he was last year...He's got the size and the arm but it ends there for Mr. Ainge..

As far as Chris Donald goes...I see him going with Notre Dame...If he was going to Tennessee, I think he'd want everyone to know that he was staying in the state...If you remember, Patrick Turner from Goodpasture waited until the All-American game to make his announcement...He elected to go to USC, contrary to what a lot of people thought...Same situation here, in my opinion...I've also heard his family really likes the idea of him going to Notre Dame...Like a guy said before me...The 99% graduation rate is something to be taken into account...That is something that parents will hold more valuable than athletic success...The odds are against him to play NFL so that degree will look really good when he has to get a job and make a living...As far as aspirations for the NFL someday if he does become good enough, I'd rather take my chances playing under Charlie Weis, a guy who's been there and had success as a coach, than Phillip Fulmer...

Patrick Turner did not grow up a huge UT fan. Chris Donald did. Also, considering that this topic is about Chris Donald, the fact that 99% of ND students graduate is irrelevant. Donald will graduate from any university he chooses to attend, unless he chooses to go pro after 3 years at UT. After all, UT is known for putting defensive players into the NFL (UT=19, ND=11). Oh, and Charlie Weis will not have a 10-win season next year.......mark it down!

HMMMMMM I WONDER WHICH SCHOOL HAS PUT THE MOST PLAYERSA IN THE NFL OVER THE LAST 15 YRS. I SERIOUSLY DONT THINK N.D HAS PUT MORE THERE THEN TENNESSEE. <_<

If you truly wonder, you might visit here

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:US9Zq5...lient=firefox-a

and click on the link at the top. It's a PDF file with several charts for years 1998-2002. ND represents itself quite well. Check out the Players with degrees category.

You will be surprised.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

Patrick Turner did not grow up a huge UT fan. Chris Donald did. Also, considering that this topic is about Chris Donald, the fact that 99% of ND students graduate is irrelevant. Donald will graduate from any university he chooses to attend, unless he chooses to go pro after 3 years at UT. After all, UT is known for putting defensive players into the NFL (UT=19, ND=11). Oh, and Charlie Weis will not have a 10-win season next year.......mark it down!

Chris Donald had a high enough ACT score to get into UT. He's a great student. So why did he retake the test recently? 1 college takes a higher ACT score, but hey he's a Vol right?

Brady Quinn a first round pick? He never steps up against the big teams and pads his stats against the bottom half teams in America. My opinion is biased, but if I was a pro scout Erik Ainge would be higher than Quinn on my board.

Since you aren't a pro scout, that makes you opinion rather worthless, doesn't it?

Quinn will be the first QB taken and probably the first player taken. Pro scouts do not wear orange sunglasses. Of course, we couldn't expect the guys who make a living scouting and rating college players to know as much about their job as the people on this board.

A few facts about the "almighty" university of Notre Dame.

- They haven't won a bowl game in over 12 years

- They have a losing bowl record

- Their record in the last 50 years isnt even in the top 10

- The town of South Bend is a dump

- There are no good looking girls in South Bend...they ship in hookers from Chicago for the big recruiting weekends.

- They are a good academic school, but certainly not a Harvard or a Yale.

Nothing wrong with going to Notre Dame, but they aren't as great as their more delusional fans would have you believe.

Since you aren't a pro scout, that makes you opinion rather worthless, doesn't it?

Quinn will be the first QB taken and probably the first player taken. Pro scouts do not wear orange sunglasses. Of course, we couldn't expect the guys who make a living scouting and rating college players to know as much about their job as the people on this board.

Quin is a very good QB...certainly not a Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady, but he is good.

WHAT BIG THINGS HAVE WEIS DONE? WOW THERE GOING TO A BCS GAME, WHICH THEY DON`T DESERVE TO BE GOING TO, AND YOU AND ALL THE ND FANS WILL FIND THAT OUT L.S.U. BLOWS THEM OUT. YOU NEED TO STOP LIVING IN THE PAST THE 4 HORSEMAN ARE GONE! PAUL HORNING IS GONE AND JOE MONTANA IS GONE N.D. AT BEST IS AND HAS BEEN A AVERAGE TEAM SINCE HOLTS LEFT. THATS THE WRITIN ON THE WALL ! :(

If you're going to be "writin on the wall," you need to learn to write. Periods and commas do exist...grammar does exist. Dare you to check out the link cited below by "Rabble Rouser" about players in the pros, graduation rates, etc. Who put the most players in the pros in the last 10 years? HINT: The team isn't located in a city which starts with "K." Who has the highest graduation rate among the players it sent to the pros? HINT: The team isn't in a city which starts with "K." Weis has been at Notre Dame 2 years; what big things has Fulmer done in the past two years?

If you're going to be "writin on the wall," you need to learn to write. Periods and commas do exist...grammar does exist. Dare you to check out the link cited below by "Rabble Rouser" about players in the pros, graduation rates, etc. Who put the most players in the pros in the last 10 years? HINT: The team isn't located in a city which starts with "K." Who has the highest graduation rate among the players it sent to the pros? HINT: The team isn't in a city which starts with "K." Weis has been at Notre Dame 2 years; what big things has Fulmer done in the past two years?

And not to be mean...and I am very serious, but Charlie will probably not be around much longer...and I'm not talking about him taking another job. He is in very bad health...almost died once during surgery.

A few facts about the "almighty" university of Notre Dame.

- They haven't won a bowl game in over 12 years

- They have a losing bowl record

- Their record in the last 50 years isnt even in the top 10

- The town of South Bend is a dump

- There are no good looking girls in South Bend...they ship in hookers from Chicago for the big recruiting weekends.

- They are a good academic school, but certainly not a Harvard or a Yale.

Nothing wrong with going to Notre Dame, but they aren't as great as their more delusional fans would have you believe.

A reponse :

I'll concede the knocks on South Bend and the coed population up front. No contest, except to say that Knoxville is hardly Paris. Might even call it even, save for the female issue.

I can give you two reasons for the 12 year debacle - Davie and Willingham. Two bad coaches and the University paid dearly for it.

As for the bowls, ND didn't go to any bowl games from 1925-1970. In fact, until the polls started using bowls to determine national champions in the early '70s, they did not go because it interfered with academics, and because they went out west in 1925 and spent almost two weeks barnstorming before returning to campus. The priests took offense and ruled no more bowl games.

They are 13-14 overall in bowl games. Take away the Tyrone and

Davie years (if only it were possible) and the record looks different..

Might also add that Tyrone Willingham, the worst coach in ND history, beat UT in Knoxville and I'm pretty sure you would qualify that as recent history. I think even Weis beat them...with Tyrone's recruits. I think that makes them, what 2-0 against the big Orange in recent games. Yikes.

Edited by Rabble Rouser