CENTENNIAL VS. PAGE

CHS 2007

Again, another cross-town showdown for Centennial.

After a highlight win over Brentwood, the red hot Centennial Cougars travel to the other side of 96 to face the Page Patriots. This is a rematch of an earlier game in which the Cougars destroyed Page 63-30. Who wins this showdown on the solstice?

Edited by CHS 2007

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also forgot to mention. There is a possibility that both Ben Mixer and Preston Stroop will be in the lineup for this game. Mixer is a 6-8 power forward who has been injured so far this season. And Stroop is a 6-4 transfer from FC who has a good shot from the field. These two will add more depth to the Cougar lineup.

Page lost to Hume Fogg by 33. That was Hume Fogg's only win of the season to that point.

I'm looking for Centennial to win by a margin that has to be recorded in scientific notation to fit on the scoreboard. :angry:

I'd like to see Kelly break the 40-point barrier for the first time in H.S...he dropped 44 in a game against Woodland in the 8th grade. Let's not forget that Bryce Carden--whom Kelly is frequently being compared to--scored 40+ against Page in his senior season.

I say all of this and Drew will probably score like 12. But I'd like to see it.

Page lost to Hume Fogg by 33. That was Hume Fogg's only win of the season to that point.

I'm looking for Centennial to win by a margin that has to be recorded in scientific notation to fit on the scoreboard. :thumb:

I'd like to see Kelly break the 40-point barrier for the first time in H.S...he dropped 44 in a game against Woodland in the 8th grade. Let's not forget that Bryce Carden--whom Kelly is frequently being compared to--scored 40+ against Page in his senior season.

I say all of this and Drew will probably score like 12. But I'd like to see it.

If Kelly breaks the point mark (which we all know is bound to happen) might as well be against Page. He dropped 28 on them earlier this year and had 26 against them last year. Drew is currently tenth statewide in scoring average with 23 pts a game. Expect him to run over the much smaller Page team. Also predicting big days from Lamont and Allante.

FINAL SCORE

CENTENNIAL 54

PAGE 51

Not at all what anyone was expecting. Drew Kelly led the Cougars with 26 as this game went down to the wire. The Cougars from the Brentwood game were nothing but an afterthought as again we were playing sloppy ball. Defensively we were fairly solid, Lamont and Drew combined for about 9 blocks (5 on Brad Finney, poor kid) but we at times left guys open at the point. Shooting wise, we had several opportunities, but for some reason, nothing was falling for us. Although late in the fourth, Lamont Harris had probably the best dunk I've ever seen on the high school level, an off-the-backboard-putback over a Page defender. Ask anyone who saw it will agree, that was absolutely beautiful. If I get stats, I'll post them tomorrow.