chattanooga

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRADLEY CENTRAL 89, RED BANK 85

Red Bank 19 20 16 30 — 85

Bradley Central 15 18 23 33 — 89

Red Bank (85) — Jeremy Caldwell 14, Maddox 4, Staton 2, Tim Benford 17, Mitchell, Mike McGowan 17, Horton 5, Davis, Bradley Britt 16, Dominique McDuffie 10, Cherne.

Bradley Central (89) — Kyle Groothius 14, Watson 3, Perkins 2, Gibson 2, Terrence Oglesby 57, Payne 2, Dodd 9.

3-point goals:

Red Bank 10 (McGowan 5, Britt 4, Horton)

Bradley Central 6 (Oglesby 5, Watson).

Red Bank Was doing everything but Punching TO in the Face and he still had 57 points. Red Bank really had more fouls than what the officals called so if you are trying to say bradley cheated in some way thats simply just not true. As far as Bradley being at home and thats why they won. Last year Bradley played a red hott Lion team at Red Bank and still beat them for the Region Championship. ( id like to also add that Bradley fans made up for like 85% of the people in the Red bank Gym so it was kinda like a away home game lol) Anyways this Red Bank vs Bradley Rivaly only keeps getting better and better.

It appears that RB is undisciplined on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm sure that's it. (If you don't think there's homecooking in HS bball, you are prety naive, especially with a superstar like T.O. And make no mistake, he is a superstar. Anyone that can score 57 points in 32 minutes is something else, I don't care if he wasn't even guarded!)

I'm not saying RB shouldn't have had 27 fouls called on them. That's probably about right for the pressing, trapping style they play. It just seems 27 to 7 is a little out of whack, especially in a game where almost 200 points were scored! I wasn't there so I can only speak to the numbers.

I was there and the fouls were about right. Red Bank pressed the whole game and kept jumping at Oglesby on his jump shot. Several times he would get a Red Bank player in the air and then go up for a 3 ... getting hit.

On the "questionable" foul and T ................. Oglesby was held and the T should have been called. Oglesby had been called for a T earlier in the game.

I'm sure that's it. (If you don't think there's homecooking in HS bball, you are prety naive, especially with a superstar like T.O. And make no mistake, he is a superstar. Anyone that can score 57 points in 32 minutes is something else, I don't care if he wasn't even guarded!)

I'm not saying RB shouldn't have had 27 fouls called on them. That's probably about right for the pressing, trapping style they play. It just seems 27 to 7 is a little out of whack, especially in a game where almost 200 points were scored! I wasn't there so I can only speak to the numbers.

I always get a kick out of the posts of total fouls for the game and how that if it isn't equal an official is being paid off. If you press and trap, you are going to have more fouls - if you are behind and foul for possession, you are going to have more fouls. If you are tired and reach, etc....I guess that saying "great game, we got beat by a better team tonight" has gone the way of players acknowledging that they committed a foul.