Ridgeway defeats Raleigh-Egypt

bluffcity901

Memphis ' last unbeaten boys team is no longer unbeaten.Jr. Martino brock's 18 points led three Roadrunners in double figures as Ridgeway[6-2] handed Raleigh-Egypt[6-1] its first loss this season.Georgia Tech signee Mauice Miller was limited to JUST 7 POINTS for the Pharaohs who got a team-high 13 from senior Derrick Edwards.Gentry Hines chipped in 6 points.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis ' last unbeaten boys team is no longer unbeaten.Jr. Martino brock's 18 points led three Roadrunners in double figures as Ridgeway[6-2] handed Raleigh-Egypt[6-1] its first loss this season.Georgia Tech signee Mauice Miller was limited to JUST 7 POINTS for the Pharaohs who got a team-high 13 from senior Derrick Edwards.Gentry Hines chipped in 6 points.

This loss comes as no surprise to me!

Look, unquestionably, Raleigh Egypt has a good team this year (not as good as last year, though); they're just not a top-16 team, Nationally.

Ridgeway seems to be playing better of late....I don't know what the heck happened to them earlier this season, as they got completely destroyed by Liberty (yes--the same so-called "undefeated" Liberty team that LOST to Raleigh Egypt, earlier this season).

From all appearances, I don't think anybody is going to be a lock to come out of Memphis this year (to go to State), especially in AAA. Sure, it's still early in the season but, so far, "parity" seems to be the order of the day.

I expect Raleigh Egypt (also Booker T Washington) to lose several more games between now and next March.

Mo Miller is an excellent, savvy point guard. I like his game. He needs to get into the gym and work on his outside shot, however.....He struggles BIG TIME, offensively, when he can't get to the rim for easy buckets.

If Mo expects to get some playing time right away for Georgia Tech, next season, he'd better work extremely hard on his outside shot, this summer! It's the only weak link in his, otherwise, outstanding game. If he does that....watch out! That kid has the basketball IQ, and all the other ingredients to have a VERY long basketball career. Seriously.

Edited by TraderB

This loss comes as no surprise to me!

Look, unquestionably, Raleigh Egypt has a good team this year (not as good as last year, though); they're just not a top-16 team, Nationally.

Ridgeway seems to be playing better of late....I don't know what the heck happened to them earlier this season, as they got completely destroyed by Liberty (yes--the same so-called "undefeated" Liberty team that LOST to Raleigh Egypt, earlier this season).

From all appearances, I don't think anybody is going to be a lock to come out of Memphis this year (to go to State), especially in AAA. Sure, it's still early in the season but, so far, "parity" seems to be the order of the day.

I expect Raleigh Egypt (also Booker T Washington) to lose several more games between now and next March.

You're right about Liberty not really being undefeated.It just shows what a bad idea it is that you can count your Hall of Fame game on your record if you want or don't count it if you lose.

You're right about Liberty not really being undefeated.It just shows what a bad idea it is that you can count your Hall of Fame game on your record if you want or don't count it if you lose.

They are not the only team that doesn't count hall of fame games. It goes on all across the state. If it was a regular season game I could understand, but it is just a preseason hall of fame game. Quit complaining and get over it.

Last night was the best basketball game I've been to in highschool. Our student section was crazy last night and I think we almost broke our bleachers from jumping to hard. The building was crazy I would like to say thanks to all of the RE fans who made the trip. RE down towards the end looked sloppy and could not hold the ball. I do not expect to see the same outcome when we go to RE but as always Memphis is loaded this year and it will be a fun season.

Yes, I've seen Liberty and RE both play, and honestly, Liberty looks like the better team. Of course RE beat Liberty in their second hall of fame game of the year by 2 or 3 points. This was in Memphis and Jewuan Long had JUST returned from a broken foot. You pit these two teams up against each other right now and Liberty would win it.

Yes, I've seen Liberty and RE both play, and honestly, Liberty looks like the better team. Of course RE beat Liberty in their second hall of fame game of the year by 2 or 3 points. This was in Memphis and Jewuan Long had JUST returned from a broken foot. You pit these two teams up against each other right now and Liberty would win it.

well they won't play again this year so we will never know.....If was 5th, we all would be drunk :lol: