Harrison Smith & Golden Tate (Notre Dame BOUND)

Big Country

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Irish got pounded for the second straight year in a BCS game. The last three "elite programs" ND has played they've gotten their tails handed to them. Last year against Ohio State & this year against LSU, Michigan, and USC.

NOTICE: I said "elite" :D

Now if a USC, Michigan, Florida, Ohio State, or LSU fan would like to say something negative about Notre Dame Football then they are in a position to where they can actually do so.

As for Tennessee Football Fans????????? NO WAY!!!! Tennessee lost to LSU by 4 & Notre Dame lost to LSU by 27. BOTH LOST!!! Tennessee lost to Penn State by 10 & Notre Dame beat Penn State by 24. THAT MEANS THAT ONE TEAM BEAT THE NITTANY LIONS & THE OTHER DID NOT!!!!

9 STRAIGHT BOWL LOSSES BUT 11 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!

My perspective on Notre Dame Football right now is simply the fact that they must get a lot better on the defensive side of the football or they'll continue to get hammered by "elite programs" when they play them. The secondary is too slow, the defensive line gets no pass rush whatsoever, and the linebackers simply can't make tackles. Offensively Quinn didn't perform great in a BIG GAME outside of the one they played at home against USC last year. Even when they beat Michigan last year it was due to Walker's having a big performance. Samardzija & McKnight didn't do the team any favors tonight either. McKnight dropped two big passes in the USC game (one on a crucial 4th Down) and tonight he did the exact same thing (one which led to an INT). Samardzija didn't even see the football on an excellent thrown fade route by Quinn (that drive ended in a missed FG).

Next year?????? YOUNG & TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No because they both lost to LSU.

Notre Dame beat Penn State. How did Tennessee fare against them Nittany Lions?????????

Let me tell you my perspective. If the big bad Irish had to play in the SEC week in and week out, their butts would be in trouble. You guys just stick with that murderous schedule you are playing. I noticed you close the '07 season with this powerful foursome: A Force, Navy, Duke, and Stanford. Wow, now that would be scary to anybody.

What's really funny is how ND fans have to live off what they did 50 years ago.

They're not even in the top 10 in terms of wins the last 50 years.

Good post.

My Irish got pounded for the second straight year in a BCS game. The last three "elite programs" ND has played they've gotten their tails handed to them. Last year against Ohio State & this year against LSU, Michigan, and USC.

NOTICE: I said "elite" :rolleyes:

Now if a USC, Michigan, Florida, Ohio State, or LSU fan would like to say something negative about Notre Dame Football then they are in a position to where they can actually do so.

As for Tennessee Football Fans????????? NO WAY!!!! Tennessee lost to LSU by 4 & Notre Dame lost to LSU by 27. BOTH LOST!!! Tennessee lost to Penn State by 10 & Notre Dame beat Penn State by 24. THAT MEANS THAT ONE TEAM BEAT THE NITTANY LIONS & THE OTHER DID NOT!!!!

9 STRAIGHT BOWL LOSSES BUT 11 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!

My perspective on Notre Dame Football right now is simply the fact that they must get a lot better on the defensive side of the football or they'll continue to get hammered by "elite programs" when they play them. The secondary is too slow, the defensive line gets no pass rush whatsoever, and the linebackers simply can't make tackles. Offensively Quinn didn't perform great in a BIG GAME outside of the one they played at home against USC last year. Even when they beat Michigan last year it was due to Walker's having a big performance. Samardzija & McKnight didn't do the team any favors tonight either. McKnight dropped two big passes in the USC game (one on a crucial 4th Down) and tonight he did the exact same thing (one which led to an INT). Samardzija didn't even see the football on an excellent thrown fade route by Quinn (that drive ended in a missed FG).

Next year?????? YOUNG & TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No because they both lost to LSU.

Notre Dame beat Penn State. How did Tennessee fare against them Nittany Lions?????????

11 national championships that occurred decades ago are completely irrelevant when it comes to where today's recruits should go to college. I guess all of the best high school basketball prospects should go to UCLA because of John Wooden. Good game tonight by the way. Ya'll only had 1 more turnover than LSU and you still got your butts handed to you. TN still had a chance to beat PSU even though TN had 3 more turnovers than them. PSU played an absolutely perfect game and still only won by 10.

All you Tennessee fans want to do is compare how ND & UT fared against LSU. THEY BOTH LOST TO THE BAYOU BENGALS!!!! I'm comparing how they both fared against Penn State. One of them beat the Nittany Lions and the other lost to them.

The past is the past so if nine bowl games mean something then they all do okay folks. ND may be on a 9 game bowl losing skid but they also have 11 wins in bowls that gave them national titles. Does Tennessee have 11 national titles??????

Tennessee fans are so sad that they brag about a 4 point home loss to LSU. Us ND fans are about ready to jump off a cliff right about now HOWEVER while we're all free falling we will ultimately know that we have 11 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS & TENNESSEE DOESN'T!!!!! We also beat Penn State and Tennessee didn't. In other words, Notre Dame fans don't have to hang their hats on a loss like Tennessee fans constantly do on here.

Hey bubblegum99 I wasn't aware Notre Dame played Duke this season :rolleyes: Your credibility is lost right away with that kind of misleading information :thumb:

As is predictable, what you are "willing to bet" is wrong again. Notre Dame against the CURRENT SEC teams is 17-11. Against teams which were in the SEC at the time they played the Irish--18-10. The records are as follows:

vs. Alabama 5-1, all but one in the Bryant era and 2 wins in championship games.

vs. LSU 5-4, including one year when the teams played twice with a split.

vs. Ole Miss 1-1, and this was in the 1960's, when Mississippi was an SEC power.

vs. Tennessee 4-4

vs. Vanderbilt 2-0

vs. Georgia 0-1, the only SEC opponent that Notre Dame has not beaten.

Incidentally, your claim that the Notre Dame team which beat the Pumpkins in Knoxville in 2004 was "the best Notre Dame team in years" is quite a surprise to Notre Dame fans. That was Willingham's last year and the record was 6-6.. Furthermore, your presumption that most of those wins came during the Notre Dame "glory days" is far from true. Notre Dame did not begin playing southern teams until the late 1950's, after the days of Rockne, Leahy, etc.

i see our resident novelist is back. here's a short story for you dude.

lsu-41

notre dumb-14

THE END.

i see our resident novelist is back. here's a short story for you dude.

lsu-41

notre dumb-14

THE END.

WELL, WELL, WELL, LOOK AT THIS 13 :lol:

AS IN 13 YEARS IN A ROW WITHOUT A BOWL WIN :rolleyes:

ND COME JOIN THE SEC AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A SEC SCHOOL BEATING YOU IN A BOWL GAME, YOU`LL FINISH ABOUT 8-4 AND MAYBE GET YOU A BOWL WIN AGAINT CENTRAL MICH. OR EAST CAROLINA. :thumb:

41-14 WHAT A BLOW OUT :lol: SO FUNNY

All you Tennessee fans want to do is compare how ND & UT fared against LSU. THEY BOTH LOST TO THE BAYOU BENGALS!!!! I'm comparing how they both fared against Penn State. One of them beat the Nittany Lions and the other lost to them.

The past is the past so if nine bowl games mean something then they all do okay folks. ND may be on a 9 game bowl losing skid but they also have 11 wins in bowls that gave them national titles. Does Tennessee have 11 national titles??????

Tennessee fans are so sad that they brag about a 4 point home loss to LSU. Us ND fans are about ready to jump off a cliff right about now HOWEVER while we're all free falling we will ultimately know that we have 11 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS & TENNESSEE DOESN'T!!!!! We also beat Penn State and Tennessee didn't. In other words, Notre Dame fans don't have to hang their hats on a loss like Tennessee fans constantly do on here.

Hey bubblegum99 I wasn't aware Notre Dame played Duke this season :rolleyes: Your credibility is lost right away with that kind of misleading information :thumb:

If you can read big country, read the 2007 SCHEDULE. Maybe you are not capable of reading. I put in my post who the ELITE teams they play the last 4 games of 2007.

Did any one watch the SUGAR BOWL last night???? ND was clearly out matched at every position on the field. LSU looked like monsters while ND players looked dwarf in size. Besides Walker, ND had no speed to match LSU. ND defense couldn't stop LSU, LSU stopped them selves when they couldn't/didn't score. This game should have been more lop-sided then what it was. ND is clearly not a top 25 team. Quinn looked puzzled--welcome to the NFL--they're even bigger and faster. He will meet several of these LSU tigers in the NFL. Russell looked at ease--possible first QB taken in NFL draft. Who would you rather have? Welcome to the real world of the SEC! ND is clearly over-rated big time. Why is Golden Tate and Harrison Smith committed to ND? Maybe they're not SEC material. Tate even mentioned Vandy as a possible choice--maybe he's not NFL material! I just want an education--What crap! ND will most likely be in a BCS Bowl next year because they get voted in for what they did in the past.

Who did ND play? Michigan-OVER-RATED! they got slottered by USC! USC-Need I say more? Michigan State should have beat them. There was one other team (I believe Pitt) that should have beat them, but Quinn connected with Goldie-Locks to win. Then they played the service academies--next year you need to schedule the Citadel. Who else did they play in top 25?

As far as UT, they lost to Florida (#2), LSU by 4 (#5-Need I say more), Arkanasa (SEC west champion)--All came down to the wire except Arkanasa. Penn State beat UT by 10--I will give you that since ND beat Penn State. UT also beat Cal pretty bad and Gerogia pretty bad. Both ranked in the top 10 at the beginning of the season. They even beat UK (who beat Clemson in the Music City Bowl).

ND chokes!!! 9 straight Bowl loses. There is always next year. Good luck next year! :rolleyes:

Ummmm, the 11 national titles IS the past Big Country, while the nine bowl game losing streak is very much in the here and now. ND lost and lost big to LSU, something many people predicted. UT lost on a fumble in the fourth quarter to a determined Penn St. team that played a mistake-free game. Are you honestly going to point to a loss that same Penn St. team had to your team, when, as I remember QB Anthony Morelli putting it, was "the worst we have played the entire season."? 11 national titles is extremely impressive, but with the majority coming before college football actually became a competitive and parity-driven sport is pretty misleading. Your team has A LOT of work to do, and relying on true freshmen next year should get you killed too, unfortunately with the 2007 schedule that does, in fact, include Duke, as bubblegum pointed out to you, you all will trot into a New Year's Day game 9-3 or 10-2, or something like that, at which point you will perpetuate your bowl ineptitude with a loss to a quality team from a quality conference. Have you ever wondered why ND keeps on losing bowl games, and losing them quite handily? It is because of the regular season schedule. Point to UM and USC. Then look at everybody else. If your team is going to be a 1-A independent and hope to improve as the season progresses, rather than regress as this ND team seemed to do, you need to have a challenging schedule filled with a bunch of good, a couple of great and a couple of cupcake teams. Unfortunately, ND has sided on a bunch of cupcake, a couple of great and one to two good teams a year. I applaud Charlie Weis for the job he has done, but ND will only win a national title when he starts scheduling challenges instead of cakewalks.

Ummmm, the 11 national titles IS the past Big Country, while the nine bowl game losing streak is very much in the here and now. ND lost and lost big to LSU, something many people predicted. UT lost on a fumble in the fourth quarter to a determined Penn St. team that played a mistake-free game. Are you honestly going to point to a loss that same Penn St. team had to your team, when, as I remember QB Anthony Morelli putting it, was "the worst we have played the entire season."? 11 national titles is extremely impressive, but with the majority coming before college football actually became a competitive and parity-driven sport is pretty misleading. Your team has A LOT of work to do, and relying on true freshmen next year should get you killed too, unfortunately with the 2007 schedule that does, in fact, include Duke, as bubblegum pointed out to you, you all will trot into a New Year's Day game 9-3 or 10-2, or something like that, at which point you will perpetuate your bowl ineptitude with a loss to a quality team from a quality conference. Have you ever wondered why ND keeps on losing bowl games, and losing them quite handily? It is because of the regular season schedule. Point to UM and USC. Then look at everybody else. If your team is going to be a 1-A independent and hope to improve as the season progresses, rather than regress as this ND team seemed to do, you need to have a challenging schedule filled with a bunch of good, a couple of great and a couple of cupcake teams. Unfortunately, ND has sided on a bunch of cupcake, a couple of great and one to two good teams a year. I applaud Charlie Weis for the job he has done, but ND will only win a national title when he starts scheduling challenges instead of cakewalks.

You are exactly right.