Region-Wide "Battle"

NWTennSports

Just a random thought here. Would love to read all opinions.

I really like the "Battle For The State" idea. Hat's off to Sycamore's coach. I hope it continues and eventually becomes an event where every state champ from the previous year can't wait to play in.

So ......

What are some thoughts on taking that concept and extending it throughout the Southeastern region of the USA (if it's not already being done)?

Try to get some state champs from each state: Tennessee, Kentucky, the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida -- I've seen some of these big 16- and 32-team super-brackets (you should check out that Fifth Third Bank girls thing up in Lexington, KY. Man, that's a lot of estrogen!) -- and maybe do something like that with multiple gyms used. .... Rotate it between states every year. ....

Or, if brackets are too much to mess with, try doing on of those all-day classics and bring in maybe 16 (eight games), 18 (nine games) or 20 (10 games) teams in, match 'em up according to enrollment, tip off Game 1 at 8 a.m. and then just have at it until the day's done. With most states crowing multiple state champions (Ky. does not, but that simply adds to the state's mystique, and the Sweet 16 is an event, indeed), getting at least one champ from each state to commit each year should not be too much trouble.

Just a thought.

What say you?