Father Ryan Invitational

TheFisherman

Hoosierdad,

I like you could not attend the tournament. It sounds like we all need to get out and take a look at Duncan (McCallie 112) and Wright. Could Duncan become the first 5X TN Champion?

To do pull that off it would appear he will have to go through a current 2x defending state champ and of course another current state champ (who he now owns a pin over) in this year's state tournament. And of course that only makes it possible for him to become a 5 timer (maybe the first one ever eligible for this feat in TN?). He would still need to pull it offfour more times and who is to say that another TJ Duncan wouldn't come along in a couple of years and knock him off then. And as stated above he still has some competition I don't believe he has faced in the state yet and even the wins he has now don't gaurauntee his spot at the state tournament... he still has to get it done there. Going to make for one very interesting bracket this year at 112.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not forgotten but missed.....come on back and join the madness again for the last month.

Agreed, WV. Irishdad, the build up to the annual Ryan/MBA match just ain't the same without you, not to mention state duals. Your beloved Irish look pretty strong this year, maybe the strongest since the Dunnings--Hiller--Oddo--Medlin--Gatewood bunch. You might have a lot to talk about this season. Besides ( and I'm sure WV will agree), those of us following the D-II parade are weary of the WV-Soms "love fest" dominating the message board. Come on back.......if nothing else, put in a guest appearance for this year's Ryan-MBA showdown.

To do pull that off it would appear he will have to go through a current 2x defending state champ and of course another current state champ (who he now owns a pin over) in this year's state tournament. And of course that only makes it possible for him to become a 5 timer (maybe the first one ever eligible for this feat in TN?). He would still need to pull it offfour more times and who is to say that another TJ Duncan wouldn't come along in a couple of years and knock him off then. And as stated above he still has some competition I don't believe he has faced in the state yet and even the wins he has now don't gaurauntee his spot at the state tournament... he still has to get it done there. Going to make for one very interesting bracket this year at 112.

It will be an interesting D-2 112 bracket if those three (Duncan, Francis & Whitaker) stay there. I gotta feeling one or more of them may end up at 119.

Edited by whiskeyjoe

It will be an interesting D-2 112 bracket if those three (Duncan, Francis & Whitaker) stay there. I gotta feeling one or more of them may end up at 119.

Are we looking at another Whitaker / Stavrum switch? Not that you would likely let us in on the secret plans anyway but that would seem to be the most likely given that they have done it before (I think McCallie Invite). Unless of course Francis decided he wanted to get out of that bracket but it would seem like he might lose some of his strength advantage in a move up to 119 (not that his technique isn't good enough or anything :thumb: ).

Are we looking at another Whitaker / Stavrum switch? Not that you would likely let us in on the secret plans anyway but that would seem to be the most likely given that they have done it before (I think McCallie Invite). Unless of course Francis decided he wanted to get out of that bracket but it would seem like he might lose some of his strength advantage in a move up to 119 (not that his technique isn't good enough or anything :thumb: ).

I don't know what the secret plans are, but I do know that both Duncan and Whitaker have to work to make weight at 112 now, and there's five weeks of wrestling to go. Neither or both of them could end up at 119.

Agreed, WV. Irishdad, the build up to the annual Ryan/MBA match just ain't the same without you, not to mention state duals. Your beloved Irish look pretty strong this year, maybe the strongest since the Dunnings--Hiller--Oddo--Medlin--Gatewood bunch. You might have a lot to talk about this season. Besides ( and I'm sure WV will agree), those of us following the D-II parade are weary of the WV-Soms "love fest" dominating the message board. Come on back.......if nothing else, put in a guest appearance for this year's Ryan-MBA showdown.

I'll need a date so I can gas up the shortbus. I may need to get back down to Chatt-town and maybe WV will need a ride up? We can have a good discussion then.

Ryan is looking tough!! But we got their middle team the other day. :lol:

If you have ever cleaned up an arena after a big tournament, you will find 99% of the items that are "stolen".

I agree that some items are stolen but you have to look at the oppurtunity versus the actual number of thefts. I have seen backpacks, cameras, phones, food, clothing,etc., left out in the open without anybody taking them. In general, I think the wrestling community is very respectful of other peoples property.