9AAA the best in midstate

14pioneers

you're the one feeling sensitive.... tournaments count, regular season doesn't.... last i checked, how many state championship trophies are given at the end of the regular season????????? :thumb:

uh that would be three in MJ's case. Now for you and Mailman's edification and education...I am going to start calling you the little buddys by the way....the only tournament games that count are elimination games. Go figure this one out....

Don't you love Coach T! See y'all down the road...watch out for Smyrna, would hate you not showing up for the next dance!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Clarksville NE for their victory! They out hustled the Lady Bears in the second half.

Good Luck WC in the tourney, keep your focus.

Go Lady Bears! Thanks for a great season! Can't wait for the coming season - the return of Taylor Hall and 4 returning Sr's!

Does everyone still feel the same about 9aaa being the best in the midstate now ??? after watching 7 & 8 aaa go at it , I'm not so sure anymore. But top to bottom I still think 9aaa is the best.

I think 9AAA definitely has the toughest district year in and year out, but this is what tournament time is all about. Clarksville NE has been below the radar, not much hype, publicity, etc.., and easily over-looked based on record alone (when two of their best players were out with injuries and they incurred some losses). The regular season means nothing (except seeding) when it comes tournament time. If you make it to the sub-state, seeding no longer matters. This blog can be a blessing (for information) or a curse (hype and preparation for opposing teams). I still think if MJ and NCE played each other in the same district and were prepared for each others strenghts/weaknesses it could have been a toss-up any game. This is why February/March Madness is so hard to predict. That little Atlantic Sun or OVC team that had little to no TV time plays a big team from a basketball/money conference and pulls out the 'upset.' How many times have we seen this happen? I think the teams left standing in 9AAA will be better prepared for the tournament because of the tough competition they played all year, but it is hard to prepare for a team that has minimal record (due to injuries) that is all of a sudden healthy. Don't you just love basketball??? I do!

Edited by Morton

Does everyone still feel the same about 9aaa being the best in the midstate now ??? after watching 7 & 8 aaa go at it , I'm not so sure anymore. But top to bottom I still think 9aaa is the best.

I think 7 & 8 are fun to watch as well. But I agree TOP to BOTTOM, that 9AAA is loaded, and will be loaded up next year as well!

Good Luck Central, keep your focus...let's get 3 in a row for the District. MJ can book end you next year! :lol:

Did I miss something, like 7AAA playing 9AAA in district/region/sub-state this year? :lol:

Congratulations to the 8 around the State, good luck, health and happiness!

Go Bears! :lol:

You are correct, MJ, they beat them in the regular season. 9AAA won't have the opportunity to play anyone, anymore. My point is that I was really tired of the arrogance expressed on this thread day in and day out during the season. Mount Juilet played our 5th ranked team in Jan and squeaked by , a 6 point victory, I think. I never saw that on the 7AAA thread, it talked about what was going on within the district. I am glad we did not stoop to chest beating and crowning State Champions in November. Riverdale probably won't win the State, but they never said they would. The thing is, they are still in the hunt and 9AAA's season is over. Live with it!

You are correct, MJ, they beat them in the regular season. 9AAA won't have the opportunity to play anyone, anymore. My point is that I was really tired of the arrogance expressed on this thread day in and day out during the season. Mount Juilet played our 5th ranked team in Jan and squeaked by , a 6 point victory, I think. I never saw that on the 7AAA thread, it talked about what was going on within the district. I am glad we did not stoop to chest beating and crowning State Champions in November. Riverdale probably won't win the State, but they never said they would. The thing is, they are still in the hunt and 9AAA's season is over. Live with it!

someone is feeling sensitive right now

Good to hear from you WCplaya22, but ill say this in a time of need you do put the ball in the hands of your top player (Jenkins now and Gassie before her) All Head coaches have assistant coaches that they rely on for help. Everyone knows that Coach Campbell is a very important piece of WC basketball. Probably the best assistant coach in the state!

If I may interject here, I agree with mailman on the point that in crunch time, you give the ball to your best players. Some of the best coaching comes when you put the ball on your best player's hands, allow them to make plays and get the heck out of the way. But honestly mailman, is there anything that WC doesn't have the best in the state of? It seems like every time you turn around, you have the best everything in the state. The best player, the best coach, the best fans, and now the best assistant coach. I find it absolutely amazing that those who constantly makes statements like that, have seen everyone in the state to compare them to. I see why someone posted that certain players when awards like miss basketball because of the campaining. Sometimes it's just nausiating.