9AAA the best in midstate

14pioneers

What will they do when those girls leave? They will simply drive over to Lebanon High and get another girl to transfer after she has been practicing with the Blue Devils in the summer and then wait for Coach Fryer to kick off a couple of chemistry wreckers for not buying into the program. It is their recipe for building a program. That should get them to the sub-state again.

The biggest problem facing Bud is the fact that Lebanon has a real coach now. It won't be as easy to cherry-pick anymore.

Wilson Central had the most individual talent to ever play together in WIlson County. More than the Susie Gardner/Lori Gross/Kim Satterfield/Bingham/Volcano days at MJ and definitely more than the '71 Lebanon state champs under Campbell.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will they do when those girls leave? They will simply drive over to Lebanon High and get another girl to transfer after she has been practicing with the Blue Devils in the summer and then wait for Coach Fryer to kick off a couple of chemistry wreckers for not buying into the program. It is their recipe for building a program. That should get them to the sub-state again.

The biggest problem facing Bud is the fact that Lebanon has a real coach now. It won't be as easy to cherry-pick anymore.

Wilson Central had the most individual talent to ever play together in WIlson County. More than the Susie Gardner/Lori Gross/Kim Satterfield/Bingham/Volcano days at MJ and definitely more than the '71 Lebanon state champs under Campbell.

Well said! You understand where I am coming from!

Mailman, no hostility towards those coaches, just frustration from a basketball fan who watched those coaches have the best combination of talent ever and they couldn't go all the way with it. The "chemistry wreckers" could have made a big difference to a team who needed guards; especially after the guard they lost last year. (Can't remember her name.) I have never coached, but sure would have loved to try it with the players they had to work with! :unsure:

Hey monster ill tell you what they will do after those girls leave.......keep on winning! Sounds like you have a little bit of personal hostility towards the Brandons, because thats the only way you could come up with half of this stuff. Give these guys some credit these girls dont just walk in and become awesome players the coaches have a little something to do with that WCplaya gave a perfect example with Jenkins.

ENOUGH SAID! GOOD JOB MAILMAN!

Well said! You understand where I am coming from!

Mailman, no hostility towards those coaches, just frustration from a basketball fan who watched those coaches have the best combination of talent ever and they couldn't go all the way with it. The "chemistry wreckers" could have made a big difference to a team who needed guards; especially after the guard they lost last year. (Can't remember her name.) I have never coached, but sure would have loved to try it with the players they had to work with! :unsure:

Cameron (sp?) Calhoun...she had a will to win matched by TJ at WC.

9AAA is the best TOP to BOTTOM ...and folks we will be next year as well with I predict the addition of LaVergne to the grouping. I appreciate the comments about 8AAA (Shelbyville's) district in the day, I am just saying a new day has dawned the last 4 years in the midstate!

9AAA is the best TOP to BOTTOM ...and folks we will be next year as well with I predict the addition of LaVergne to the grouping. I appreciate the comments about 8AAA (Shelbyville's) district in the day, I am just saying a new day has dawned the last 4 years in the midstate!

MJ and Beyond: I never thought I would say this, but, I agree with you.

MJ and Beyond: I never thought I would say this, but, I agree with you.

Hah! I guess I clean up well every once in a while...as you know I am not a big fan of Buds (I am a little bit, you know he was a MJ assistant under Tommy Martin ) but it was getting a little bit harsh here! Got to admit the cheerleader line was funny, though .....

The topic here is "9AAA, Best in the Midstate" and we are all sorry to say that no 9AAA team is going to the 'Boro. We can bash the Brandons, Coach Fryer, and maybe others, but it won't change the fact that some of middle Tennessee's top talent just won't be going to State. I don't know about you all, but I am going thru major depression and withdrawals. Next year is a new year. MJ will be loaded, Wilson Central will have its challenges (but the Brandons have always come through), Lavergne is seen as the up and coming team, and the other 9AAA teams will be chomping at everyone's hightops. Making it to the elite eight is largely talent, but also a lot of luck. Any given game a good team can be off and that one loss knocks them out of contingency.

We can look back fondly with great 06-07 memories and look forward to the 07-08 season. It's been a great year. Good luck to the remaining 8 teams. We all wish it was us there and not you. :unsure:

Cameron (sp?) Calhoun...she had a will to win matched by TJ at WC.

While 9AAA goes thru its post-regional depression (no teams at state) and continued expounding about all the "best in mid-state" talent it has, I would offer the suggestion that this whole "9AAA best in midstate" thread is predicated on more 9AAA fans posting on coacht than from any other AAA district - rather than on facts. I can understand your disappointment, but you guys still don't quit bragging among yourselves about how talented everyone is in your district. And some of you still love knocking Shelbyville (it's a new day). I suppose you all figure that because Shelbyville is not at state either, that 9AAA will never have to be scared of Shelbyville again. Just give the talent in the rest of the state and the other districts a little more credit! Maybe with a little luck, the number of gold balls from your entire district will eventually catch up with total count of Shelbyville's.

While 9AAA goes thru its post-regional depression (no teams at state) and continued expounding about all the "best in mid-state" talent it has, I would offer the suggestion that this whole "9AAA best in midstate" thread is predicated on more 9AAA fans posting on coacht than from any other AAA district - rather than on facts. I can understand your disappointment, but you guys still don't quit bragging among yourselves about how talented everyone is in your district. And some of you still love knocking Shelbyville (it's a new day). I suppose you all figure that because Shelbyville is not at state either, that 9AAA will never have to be scared of Shelbyville again. Just give the talent in the rest of the state and the other districts a little more credit! Maybe with a little luck, the number of gold balls from your entire district will eventually catch up with total count of Shelbyville's.

Shelbyville is respected by all, but that doesn't mean anyone is "scared." And Shelbyville certainly has a history of being a powerhouse. But will the tradition continue without Insell? Last year was basically his team at State. Maybe 9AAA will catch up with the number of gold balls faster than you think. :unsure: But then you have Riverdale to help keep the gold ball in your district. Huh?

Shelbyville is respected by all, but that doesn't mean anyone is "scared." And Shelbyville certainly has a history of being a powerhouse. But will the tradition continue without Insell? Last year was basically his team at State. Maybe 9AAA will catch up with the number of gold balls faster than you think. :unsure: But then you have Riverdale to help keep the gold ball in your district. Huh?

Riverdale is NOT in Shelbyville's district, They are in 7AAA. They are in the same region.