The need for SPEED

winy_42

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about "drills." It's called improving your strength and flexibility. That is how one becomes faster. Basketball players really don't need to be engaging in too many plyometric type drills anyway, because they already get so much of that from just playing the sport itself.

Go back and read my post, please.

You know muffin I think KublahKD is correct. It seems he knows what he's talking about. Well, I know for a fact that the flexibility aspect is dead on considering a guy I know became faster after the doctor had him increase his flexibility everyday. Kublah is correct when he says that flexibility increases stride length which in turns makes you faster.

It seems as if you just want to make an argument about something you know nothing about.

Looking for a coach, player or any instructional media to increase quickness and overall speed (playing BB in Chatt area), any suggestions that have worked in the past? Thanks!

a good plyometrics program will increase your speed and explosiveness as well as your vertical leap.....but it is work ...there is no easy way...combine this with a good weight program to make you bigger ,stronger and faster

SPEED CAN BE TAUGHT. JUMPING ROPE. RUNNING THE FOOTBALL BLEACHERS, WEIGHT WORK ETC. DETERMINATION IS THE KEY TO INCREASING SPEED. IF A KID IS WILLING TO DO THE WORK ANY GOAL CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED.

THE HARD PART IS GETTING THE KIDS TO DO IT IN THE OFF SEASON. YOU JUST CANNOT JUMP ROPE FOR 1 WEEK AND SEE A DIFFERENCE IT MAY TAKE A COMPLETE SUMMER.