Tri-County seven; Jan 1-6

THE KING

1. Hampton-they are playing the best ball in the area right now.

2. Unicoi-still very deadly with Ike Weaver in the middle.

3. Cloudland-still can't seem to win against the better teams.

4. Johnson Co.-can win on any given night.

5. Elizabethton-making strides and playing with pride.

6. Unaka-more than likely will move up a few spots.

7. Happy Valley-happy to bring up the rear.

Every one make some predictions. This is an exciting month. Lots of ball to be played.

1. Hampton-they are playing the best ball in the area right now.

2. Unicoi-still very deadly with Ike Weaver in the middle.

3. Cloudland-still can't seem to win against the better teams.

4. Johnson Co.-can win on any given night.

5. Elizabethton-making strides and playing with pride.

6. Unaka-more than likely will move up a few spots.

7. Happy Valley-happy to bring up the rear.

Every one make some predictions. This is an exciting month. Lots of ball to be played.

I totally agree with these weekly picks although I think Unicoi is the best team. They still have to prove that point.........and I think everyone agrees with that assumption. Hampton is becoming the team I thought they could be and I look for them to hold their own along with Cloudland. At this point, if Unaka beats either, it would be considered an upset although the Rangers could end up winning the conference. Elizabethton will get their biggest and most important test so far in the season this Friday night vs Unicoi. It will tell alot about their fortitude and just which side of the fence they will fall on. Attitudes have cost them alot so far and the play of Thomas and Carter has become huge for them which I pointed out that importance preseason. Team play is a must for thier success. Happy Valley is as expected but they won't give an inch. They play hard.

what do you think about the hampton uh game later this week, should be a good one

It is hard to come up with something on the UH/Hampton match-up Friday. Woodacre is the class player in this game but he won't be able to do it by himself. I'd play him strait up and put more emphasis on the other two scorers. Dunno............should be a classic matchup and will go a long way as to who has a clear shot at the championship. Unaka's internal problems with a couple of players have dented their chances although you have to know the remaining players will lay it on the line to hold their team's head up above water. Good luck! I'll go with the 'Dogs by 3 but hey, I'm wrong alot :D

It is hard to come up with something on the UH/Hampton match-up Friday. Woodacre is the class player in this game but he won't be able to do it by himself. I'd play him strait up and put more emphasis on the other two scorers. Dunno............should be a classic matchup and will go a long way as to who has a clear shot at the championship. Unaka's internal problems with a couple of players have dented their chances although you have to know the remaining players will lay it on the line to hold their team's head up above water. Good luck! I'll go with the 'Dogs by 3 but hey, I'm wrong alot :rolleyes:

True the internal dilemma has caused a few let downs, but hopefully they will get back on track. There is still alot of basketball to be played and no one should be counted out. It's who comes thru at the end.

The Hampton/UH matchup should be a classic. I agree you have to key on Woodacre but you can't let the other couple of shooters get hot.

I know one thing. If Cloudland don't get their heads out of their tails, they won't win any conference games. They won't even come within 20 points of Hampton or UH. There was no intensity or any fire in their game with South Greene. Stockton continues to make stupid fouls and the whole team turns the ball over like eggs over easy. You have to be able to defend your home court. No outside team should come in and out hustle the home team. There is no excuse for this lack of effort. Smith needs to get after these boys. Every game counts.

That's the word I heard :angry: They'll bounce out of it thru determination and great coaching. :angry:

They played Hampton tough without them, there are good players on this team that can get the job done replacing the two that are gone. Watch and see where the rest of this season goes, Unaka's still in the hunt and capable of winning out in the conference. Don't be so quick to throw in the towel, our record can still be better than the 2004 state year record was. All that matters is that you are there at the end.