Riverdale @ Blackman

tdntn

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I told you guys that Bragg is good, didn't I?

Bragg had a great start to the game and that is probably the best I have seen him play. If he would become a team player I think he might get some college looks, but he does not have a good feel for the court. I am surprised Coach Turnham puts up with it.

I thought it was a good team effort by Blackman. David Barnes came up big on the boards and Alex Carter had some really big 3's. Alex is one of the most unselfish players in the district. He had some great assists. Barnes and Carter both had a really good game and I think both are very underrated players. Most posters give props to the players on their schools team, and a big part of those are very overrated, but fail to recognize the good players in the district. Everyone knows Barnes is a good player but I am amazed at how little is posted about Alex. In my opinion one of the best players in the district. Blackmanpride I would think you would be bragging, but I don't think I have seen you post anything about Carter. Blackman's freshmen are helping out but they have a long way to go. They may play a lot of minutes but they make a lot of mistakes. I thought Paul Stephens did a nice job while he was in.

I think Bragg's early start took Riverdale out of their game. Blackman only won by 9 and that was Blake's early points. I thought Riverdale played with them after that and though they made runs Blackman would pull away each time. I was not disappointed in the play and since I like both teams was happy for Blackman. Kevin Smith is such an athlete and his dunks were very impressive, but I was most impressed by his outside game. He has definetly improved. Scott couldn't seem to get things going and Young did not have one of his better games.

I look forward to the games this week. I will have a hard time deciding if I am going to watch Blackman/Siegel or Riverdale/Oakland. I think I would prefer to watch Oakland play over Siegel.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bragg had a great start to the game and that is probably the best I have seen him play. If he would become a team player I think he might get some college looks, but he does not have a good feel for the court. I am surprised Coach Turnham puts up with it.

I thought it was a good team effort by Blackman. David Barnes came up big on the boards and Alex Carter had some really big 3's. Alex is one of the most unselfish players in the district. He had some great assists. Barnes and Carter both had a really good game and I think both are very underrated players. Most posters give props to the players on their schools team, and a big part of those are very overrated, but fail to recognize the good players in the district. Everyone knows Barnes is a good player but I am amazed at how little is posted about Alex. In my opinion one of the best players in the district. Blackmanpride I would think you would be bragging, but I don't think I have seen you post anything about Carter. Blackman's freshmen are helping out but they have a long way to go. They may play a lot of minutes but they make a lot of mistakes. I thought Paul Stephens did a nice job while he was in.

I think Bragg's early start took Riverdale out of their game. Blackman only won by 9 and that was Blake's early points. I thought Riverdale played with them after that and though they made runs Blackman would pull away each time. I was not disappointed in the play and since I like both teams was happy for Blackman. Kevin Smith is such an athlete and his dunks were very impressive, but I was most impressed by his outside game. He has definetly improved. Scott couldn't seem to get things going and Young did not have one of his better games.

I look forward to the games this week. I will have a hard time deciding if I am going to watch Blackman/Siegel or Riverdale/Oakland. I think I would prefer to watch Oakland play over Siegel.

I don't bring up Alex because as soon as I say something about him people always have to bring up Cutter? and I've realized that all though he still has slow feet he has played some amazing, simply great, defense this year. I think he's a better shooter than Cutter. However, every time i say that I get bombed. Alex will be something to look forward to next year. As far as Paul goes..kid has great potential. But how much he fouls..wow

He did bring up Carter and they got on here and trashed him. I made a comment about how well he had played in a game earlier this yr to prove Carter was indeed as good as Blackmanpride was saying he was........

I think Turnham has done a good job at Blackman myself and Riverdale was crazy to do the man dirty.. As tdntn stated earlier, if they still had Turnham with the talent RHS has had in the past.......they would be a force at state.

He did bring up Carter and they got on here and trashed him. I made a comment about how well he had played in a game earlier this yr to prove Carter was indeed as good as Blackmanpride was saying he was........

I think Turnham has done a good job at Blackman myself and Riverdale was crazy to do the man dirty.. As tdntn stated earlier, if they still had Turnham with the talent RHS has had in the past.......they would be a force at state.

I agree about Carter but I doubt he cares what is said on CoachT. Kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

I agree about Turnham. The kids seem to respect him and I think he really cares about them, but man can he give some really dirty looks on the sideline. But , I am sure Blackman is glad to have him and they have a very talented team.

2p I really enjoy your posts. Wish Blackman had someone like you to help out on these boards. Blackmanpride trys hard but he just gets out numbered.

I don't bring up Alex because as soon as I say something about him people always have to bring up Cutter? and I've realized that all though he still has slow feet he has played some amazing, simply great, defense this year. I think he's a better shooter than Cutter. However, every time i say that I get bombed. Alex will be something to look forward to next year. As far as Paul goes..kid has great potential. But how much he fouls..wow

Sorry, didn't mean you never mention him. Blackman doesn't have the posters other schools do and he just doesn't seem to get the recognition he deserves. I know you try to keep Blackman in the news. Just keep hanging in there.

I will agree Alex is not the fastest one on the court but I don't think he is slow. He certainly has a good eye for the court and gives 110%. I have only seen about 3 games this year but I haven't seen him slack off. One thing I did notice at the Riverdale game. Coach doesn't seem to be trying to get him open as much as he did earlier, or is the team not screening like they should? If I had outside shooters like Barnes and Carter I would be screening and kicking the ball out to get them shots. I will have to say that is one thing Blackman does not do. When they start inside they don't look to pass they take it to the hoop regardless. They make a lot of mistakes inside. Especially, the point guard. He is to short to take it in and turns the ball over. If he would ever learn to kick it out Blackman would be even more dangerous.

I think Paul is still playing football. He has improved from the first game I saw this season but he just can't seem to stop and start on demand like the little guys. Hopefully, he will continue to work on that because with his size he could dominate.