Dawg Pound Invitational at Smyrna - Jan. 6

garnerc

The Dawg Pound is now closed. We have a total of 16 teams competing. The final list:

Beech

Chattanooga Christian

Elizabethton

Forrest

Greenbrier

LaVergne

Lebanon

Montgomery Central

Oakland

Riverdale

Siegel

Smyrna

St. Benedict

Warren County

White House

Wilson Central

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dawg Pound is now closed. We have a total of 16 teams competing. The final list:

Beech

Chattanooga Christian

Elizabethton

Forrest

Greenbrier

LaVergne

Lebanon

Montgomery Central

Oakland

Riverdale

Siegel

Smyrna

St. Benedict

Warren County

White House

Wilson Central

great job coach Garner to get the teams for your tournament to committ so quickly. I am looking forward to a great tournament. Do you have someone to run the brackets or do you have to do all of that yourself?? I am sure it would be worth your while to call brad fiscus to get some help.

I will be running it on a computer - I have some former Smyrna wrestlers coming back to help manage the brackets and the bout sheets. I am hoping I will have the brackets ready to go Saturday morning without modifications. The only thing I will change brackets for is if we have a double bye in the 1st round. If we get started by 9, things should run pretty smoothly, as we will be wrestling on 4 mats.

great job coach Garner to get the teams for your tournament to committ so quickly. I am looking forward to a great tournament. Do you have someone to run the brackets or do you have to do all of that yourself?? I am sure it would be worth your while to call brad fiscus to get some help.

Thanks for the note, Jeff. Good luck in the tournament, Give me a call Chris if we can help you out in any of the process.

Is there a web site for smyrna where we can see the brackets and results?

should be same as last year at ---- www.shs.rcs.k12.tn.us/sportsNew/wrestling ---- on smyrnas wrestling page, but won't come out until some time after the tournament.

Edited by tnko

I'll let Tnko ellaborate, but got to drop by and saw that...

St. B won it!! Congrats!!

Warren Co pulled out a 2nd place finish with some exciting matches to get there.

Kyle Frazier got gold!! Bair didn't.

Sure wished I could have been there, as I had to be supportive of the future of Rutherford Co. Wrestling. Our club team finihsed a strong dual meet season undefeated and our JV team also upset H-ville and Cookeville today. Lots of fun!!

B)

I'll let Tnko ellaborate, but got to drop by and saw that...

St. B won it!! Congrats!!

Warren Co pulled out a 2nd place finish with some exciting matches to get there.

Kyle Frazier got gold!! Bair didn't.

Sure wished I could have been there, as I had to be supportive of the future of Rutherford Co. Wrestling. Our club team finihsed a strong dual meet season undefeated and our JV team also upset H-ville and Cookeville today. Lots of fun!!

B)

Will post top 4 finishers tomorrow.

TEAM TOURNAMENT WINNERS

1st Place- St. Benedict

2nd Place- Warren County

3rd Place- Beech

4th Place- Elizabethton

Bair did win it. Most outstanding wrestler was Jeff Price from Montgomery Central at 130. Best match was 160 between Frazier (Smyrna) and Leonard (Wilson Central). I will post medalists tomorrow hopefully, and I will try to get brackets up at the beginning of the week. Right now I am going home to sleep until Wednesday. Thanks to all the teams who came!

Coach Garner

Edited by garnerc

Bair did win it. Most outstanding wrestler was Jeff Price from Montgomery Central at 130. Best match was 160 between Frazier (Smyrna) and Leonard (Wilson Central). I will post medalists tomorrow hopefully, and I will try to get brackets up at the beginning of the week. Right now I am going home to sleep until Wednesday. Thanks to all the teams who came!

Coach Garner

So does Price have only 1 loss for the season?