Humboldt Football

H-Town Vikes

i was at the jss/humboldt/huntingdon spring scrimmage humboldts line was huge compared ta otha ones so im sure they line is fine but do u know if dat will b day starting qb coming season opener or has there been a qb on the rise since the summr began and same thang fo they rb position and who do u guys believe will b they defensive playmaker this year

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett plays humbolt on aug 31 ..wat bout it is humbolt good enough to beat crockett its been a while since they have if im not mistaken? I usually know about the cchs team but this yr im clueless!! :)

Even with Crockett having lost so many players to graduation I still expect them to be a good team. They still bring back some of their D at LB and they usually always have some to just fill in those holes at the positions they lost. But Humboldt is just as good with their line as big as they are on both sides of the ball I expect that Humboldt and Crockett will be evenly or matched or Humboldt maybe even being bigger then Humboldt has a big fullback he might not be the best but he does a decent job and did alright the times he did get the ball against Southside/ Huntingdon even none of the teams really played anywhere near a perfect but that comes with practice. I expect Humboldt will be more crisp once the season starts. Hopefully there will not be any injuries during the summer to either team if not it should be a rather good game. In my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Though surely I am no expert in such circles, I foresee the Vikings of Humboldt battling the Golden Tide of Peabody for second in the region behind the Bulldogs of Milan. Though all games will doubtless be battles in such a region, I believe Humboldt will likely win 6-8 games, with the biggest challenges posted by Milan, Crockett Co. (who had better be on upset alert), and the aforementioned Tide.

I see the Vikes have the Bobcats of Giles County in Week 0-what can you yellow and red faithful tell us about that team and the matchup between your forces and theirs?

from watching film it seems as tho they lost alot in there senior class...outstanding ng/te returns but seems he likes to take plays off ..... i see a good matchup in week 0

Giles Co.

#49 is Kendall Dangerfield and he is the player you are speaking of who plays TE & NT. #5 Josh Perez, who played in Giles single back packages, will take over as the full time tailback this fall now that #8 Sam Edgmon is graduated. #35 Ian Sweltzer returns at FB this season and was an all region performer last year. He is an outstanding lead blocker when Giles is in the stack-I. #1 Joseph Dunnavant might be the biggest loss for Giles Co. He was an outstanding player at QB who could beat teams both running the football and throwing the football. Bo Wallace, who started a couple of games while Dunnavant was injured last season, will take over at QB this fall. Wallace can throw the football but is not the runner that Dunnavant was. That offensive line that Giles Co. had last season was very SENIOR HEAVY!!! They will have to find a way to replace those guys once fall practice begins next week. Defensively #2 Jerry Cobb who played linebacker for Giles Co. last season is graduated. #22 Torrell Harney & #24 Quon Reynolds are both back for the Bobcats and along with Dangerfield those two should anchor a defense that will once again be STRONG in 2007. #21 Stafford is graduated now so the kicking game will definately take a bit of a hit because he was outstanding at what he did. The only other major performer that wasn't a lineman that graduated this past year for Giles Co. is #7 Trent Pettus (who played one of the receiver positions).

What you see is what you get with Giles Co. They can play power football offensively but are also well coached enough to throw it whenever they need to do so. Defensively they are very athletic and they run to the football. When they get there they will finish WITH A PURPOSE!!!! Two years ago under Tim Johnson's direction the "loser image" at Giles Co. started to disappear and when everyone returned last fall and David O'Connor took over the program the wins came. Coach O'Connor is an outstanding coach who made those guys believe that they would win last year. This year the team does have some holes to fill from last year but if you think for a minute that Giles will not come to play to start the season then you are sadly mistaken.