FRA @ CPA

tnbasketball07

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First half was very close due to poor shooting by CPA - forced a lot of shots that weren't there. CPA took over quickly in 3rd quarter and never led by less than 9 the rest of the way, getting up by 19 at one point.

Actually, CPA shot free throws poorly or would have won by more.

Z had a good game, but I was really impressed by FRA's center, Jennings. He has a nice jump hook with both hands and scored several baskets over Z and blocked one of Z's shots. He will score a lot of points against teams without a good big man, unfortunately, you don't get too many shots inside with Z in the lane.

Z is the real deal, especially for a sophomore. If he continues to improve, he is a legitimate future HS All-American.

This win sets up a nice matchup the next two games for CPA with Pearl Cohn and Lipscomb.

ya fra did not play well, it will takes sumtime for them to get back into it, they took nearly two weeks off for christmas.

Actually, they didn't play so bad - I just think CPA is better and really shot poorly the first half and missed a lot of free throws and still won by 14.

FRA's starters looked pretty good, but IMO they substitute too much and their bench players ar a big dropoff in talent compared to their starters.

FRA's starters looked pretty good, but IMO they substitute too much and their bench players ar a big dropoff in talent compared to their starters.

That's been something I've wondered in watching their games this year. They sub even when they have players that aren't in foul trouble. I kind of wonder why FRA didn't try to get Z into more foul trouble than they did. If Z gets two or three early fouls that could've opened up the inside game a lot.