Cannon County @ Smith County

Stark1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooden JR.

Where have you been? Where are you at now? Have not talked to you in awhile. Are you coaching or what are you doing? Cannon's win last night was big McCall played well. Hopefully they can build on this.

here and there. impressed with Cannon's play so far this year, they have improved, just can't get over the hump, because of no post play.

Cannon has lost 3 district games but one was by a half-court shot, double ot to livingston, and by 5 to upperman they should beat smith close though

Yea, I knew Cannon had played good against their district opponents so far. It all depends on what team shows up for Smith County. If we see an energized ready to play team, I think SC will win in a close game, but if we come out flat and lacking intensity, Cannon will blow us out of the water, and get their first district win. Good luck to the Owls tonight against Trousdale.

Wooden JR.

Where have you been? Where are you at now? Have not talked to you in awhile. Are you coaching or what are you doing? Cannon's win last night was big McCall played well. Hopefully they can build on this.

Do I know you personally? If so cool, because I dont quite know who you are, but let me know. I would love to talk to you if I haven't in a while.

Guest Termite

Yea, I knew Cannon had played good against their district opponents so far. It all depends on what team shows up for Smith County. If we see an energized ready to play team, I think SC will win in a close game, but if we come out flat and lacking intensity, Cannon will blow us out of the water, and get their first district win. Good luck to the Owls tonight against Trousdale.

You are right about which team shows up. If they can put 4 quarters or even 2 halves together they will win. They need to cut down on stupid turnovers and use their press and speed. Carver and Starnes are starting to provide some key minutes too. They need to get all they can get this year... they have 2 jr. and 3 soph. that dress out. There are about 10 fresh,,,but some of them (from the looks of their size) will probably concentrate om football next year......

You are right about which team shows up. If they can put 4 quarters or even 2 halves together they will win. They need to cut down on stupid turnovers and use their press and speed. Carver and Starnes are starting to provide some key minutes too. They need to get all they can get this year... they have 2 jr. and 3 soph. that dress out. There are about 10 fresh,,,but some of them (from the looks of their size) will probably concentrate om football next year......

Yea, it is good for Starnes and Carver to get the experience now. About 5 or more of those freshmen have a chance to play next year. They are working pretty hard at getting better, and are aware they will have a shot next year.

Like you said though, if we put four quarters together, and handle the ball, we will win. We make so many dumb turnovers, we give teams chances to beat us. Hopefully we will get it straightened out before tourney time. Ugly win tonight over TC, but good job getting it. Good luck Monday night Owls at Hermitage Springs.