Cannon County @ Smith County

Stark1

Yea, it is good for Starnes and Carver to get the experience now. About 5 or more of those freshmen have a chance to play next year. They are working pretty hard at getting better, and are aware they will have a shot next year.

Like you said though, if we put four quarters together, and handle the ball, we will win. We make so many dumb turnovers, we give teams chances to beat us. Hopefully we will get it straightened out before tourney time. Ugly win tonight over TC, but good job getting it. Good luck Monday night Owls at Hermitage Springs.

CANNON CAN PLAY AND THEY ARE GETTING BETTER GOOD LUCK OWLS BUT YOUR GOING TO HALF TO PLAY A LOT BETTER TO BEAT THE LIONS THAN YOU HAVE THE PAST 3-4 GAMES

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CANNON CAN PLAY AND THEY ARE GETTING BETTER GOOD LUCK OWLS BUT YOUR GOING TO HALF TO PLAY A LOT BETTER TO BEAT THE LIONS THAN YOU HAVE THE PAST 3-4 GAMES

Your exactly right. They have to cut down the dumb turnovers, and turn up their intensity on defense. A couple players are really soft.

Guest Termite

Your exactly right. They have to cut down the dumb turnovers, and turn up their intensity on defense. A couple players are really soft.

They were lucky to pull out a W at T.C.......They have 4 Srs. and 1 Jr. that start and have played together since Jr.Pro. and sometimes act like they never seen a basketball.

Z, have you seen the JV play? If so what do you think? Who looks like future players????? I know some will develope,,, but some had better be ready next year

They were lucky to pull out a W at T.C.......They have 4 Srs. and 1 Jr. that start and have played together since Jr.Pro. and sometimes act like they never seen a basketball.

Z, have you seen the JV play? If so what do you think? Who looks like future players????? I know some will develope,,, but some had better be ready next year

You are right, they were lucky, and some of them do look like they haven't seen a basketball or watched a basketball game. One main problem is the lack of individual practice outside of team practice. I see the Wakefield kid up at the gym on weekends, but thats it for the starting five. Some second teamers make their way up there every now and then.

I have seen the JV a couple times. Matt Bane a guard is a good ball handler, shooter, and sees the floor real well. Ryan Allen a guard is a pretty good shooter as well. The guards need to GROW however, this something SC has a problem doing. Three big boys, who play football, all about 6 feet or taller. Timmy Bush, Grant Denney, and Jake Vance. They have developed tremendously from what I have seen. They lacked so many fundamentals though when Sanders and Apple got them. But they are making strides and if they continue their hard work, it will pay off. I believe they have a JV game tomorrow vs. Cannon Co. at 4:30.

I wouldn't doubt it to see a couple of Frosh on the floor for the Owls next year, to get some gametime experience. I've seen a couple throughout the county who have some potential.

Good luck Owls Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.

Edited by Z King of D Swing

Cannon has lost 3 district games but one was by a half-court shot, double ot to livingston, and by 5 to upperman they should beat smith close though

When Bailey comes back from a football injury Cannon will Have post play!!! They have no trouble scorin it's the defense and turnovers that gets them!!! If those ever click they can beat anyone in the district!!!