why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

played the game in hs and college "up nawth". never coached on either level but i think i know the game. have watched 8AAA basketball for years but have an interest in CC and Tullahoma. I agree with the statement on CC not putting an emphasis on mens basketball and just having "good old boys" playing the game. that is what they want coaching and that is the reason they hired andrew. nothing wrong with that unless you want to move to the next level. then things have to become more technical and feelings would need to be hurt. no politics in winning basketball.

Most kids coming through CC are not going to play BB at the next level. Every now and then you get a player like Micah Williams, but he is an exception. As you know if a player is good enough and serious about BB they must play more than just hs bb. They spend 24/7 in the gym year round. I don't think CC has the athletes to dedicate these 5 for BB and those 25 for football and 10 for baseball, etc. Most kids at CC play more than one sport. From that stand point I must agree with Big Boy. Sometimes it is better to have someone coaching your teenager that is a good person and is a positive influence on them. Sometimes parent's need to be realistic and realize that most kids are not going to make it to the next level. No one wants to lose but sometimes what doesn't kill us will make us stronger. In the game of life those boys at cc will become successful men because they are not quitters and have shown much character this season on and off the court. That's just my opinion.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've made 6 post on this forum and 3 of them have critisized my son. I've been reading coach T for a long time and it's a good source of information to get updates throughout the state. I enjoy it very much not just for cc but state wide athletics.

You obiviously have a problem with my sons play time. You continue to write post about buddies, connections, and starting positions because his Dad is a board member. Well, I am a board member, my son is a starter and I consider Coach Taylor to be a friend. But, my son does not miss practice, has yours? My son gives 110% percent at every practice and every game, has yours? My son has been raised to be dedicated, committed, and to put team before self. Not just in basketball, but in all sports. Have you raised your son that way? Has your son ever missed practice? My son has never missed a practice since he started playing basketball in the 5th grade. My son missed one day of football, was in the hospital and was back on the field the next day because he didn't want to let his team down. What time did your son go to bed this morning? My son was up most of the night upset about last nights loss! I bet your son went to sleep without any trouble. So, wildcat I have two things to say to you: 1. IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO CRITISIZE MY SON ANYMORE, BE A MAN AND SIGN YOUR NAME OR BETTER YET COME SEE ME AT THE GAME FRIDAY NIGHT AND WE'LL HAVE A GENTLEMEN'S DISSCUSSION. 2. IF YOU HATE COFFEE COUNTY SO BAD AND DON'T LIKE WHAT'S GOING ON, FOLLOW YOUR NAME WILDCAT AND GO TO TULLAHOMA

My son is not perfect ,has alot of areas he could improve on, but he is an over acheiver and has always put team before self! Instead of critisizing my son maybe you should work with yours and encourage all of them. GO BIG RED!

Paul & Janet Thornton

First of all, the critisism is not meant for your son, he is fine young man. The critisism is for the politics that are in the basketball program. Correct me if I am wrong, of all the line up changes this year one spot has not changed. There are other players that make it to all the practices and work just as hard and don't get the same chances. Of course all of this is my opinion and I am allowed to have one.

Second of all, your post is a bad reflection of your seat on the school board. How does that look to an outsiders reading the posts and see a school board member challenging a woman to a fight for her opinion? You have to make the school board proud.

And lastly, it's Kentucky wildcats. Moving is not the answer, a non biasad evalution of the program is.

Well said Big Boy. CC has never been a power house. Just a bunch of good boys playing a game.

Boys Basketball hasn't been a power house since the late 40's and early 50's....from 1949-1953 the boys participated in five consecutive state tournaments.....the combined records of those teams were 115-24. But that was a LONG time ago.....best season in the modern day era was probably last season when the Raiders finished second in the district and second in the district tournament

First of all, the critisism is not meant for your son, he is fine young man. The critisism is for the politics that are in the basketball program. Correct me if I am wrong, of all the line up changes this year one spot has not changed. There are other players that make it to all the practices and work just as hard and don't get the same chances. Of course all of this is my opinion and I am allowed to have one.

Second of all, your post is a bad reflection of your seat on the school board. How does that look to an outsiders reading the posts and see a school board member challenging a woman to a fight for her opinion? You have to make the school board proud.

And lastly, it's Kentucky wildcats. Moving is not the answer, a non biasad evalution of the program is.

Well Ms. Wildcat 3030 this is the mother of the young man you have so freely been talking about on this post. I'm not sure how you think we should have taken your post. It appears to me you were quit clear in your comments about being a child of a board member will get you a starting position. There are no other board members with children playing. Those were your words. Based on your post today you are insinuating that his playtime is based on politics. You obviously don't know us very well or coach taylor. We don't play politics to get our children playtime. They get their playtime based on what they do. We have never nor will we ever discuss with a coach about playtime. There were many games when he was younger when he did sit the bench and other kids were playing. Do you know what our advice was to our son. Work harder and keep your head up. That's exactly what he has done. What kind of advice do you give your son or do you just make excuses for him and get on this site and critisize others. I resent what you have insinuated here. How many times have you told the other players they have done a good job and to keep working harder? We do it at every game to every player. Do you? A team is made of more than one person, those players have to work together towards the same goal or they will never be successful. If you are going home and telling your son that he is an individual instead of a team player and he is playing for himself (or maybe for you) then he/the team will never be succussful. Maybe you should consider encouraging your son instead of getting on here and critisizing mine.

As far as challenging you to a fight, you have lost your mind. What my husband said was if you have concerns/opinions about the program or our son, come talk to him at the game friday night. He would be more than happy to discuss them with you. He never challenged you to a fight nor did he know you were a woman what he said was "gentelmen's dissucssion" . Your secret name did not indicate that you were a woman. If you have anything else you want to say on this matter we will be behind the bench like we have for the last 20 years cheering for the Red Raiders. Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boys Basketball hasn't been a power house since the late 40's and early 50's....from 1949-1953 the boys participated in five consecutive state tournaments.....the combined records of those teams were 115-24. But that was a LONG time ago.....best season in the modern day era was probably last season when the Raiders finished second in the district and second in the district tournament

1975-76 Red Raiders were 17-10 and defeated in the sub-state by Chattanooga Riverside. Starters were Mark Lynn, Danny Sherrill, Duane West, Phillip Sherrill, and Norman Thomas. Lynn, D. Sherrill, and West were Jrs., P. Sherill a Soph., and Thomas a Sr.

1976-77 Red Raiders were 20-6 and defeated by Chattanooga Howard in the sub-state. Starters M. Lynn (full BB scholarship, MTSU), D. Sherrill (BB scholarship to a small FL school), D. West, P. Sherrill returned, and the 5th starting position rotated among several players.

Titans 21: I'm almost afraid to post this after all this carrying-on going on here!!,but concerning the Warren County game last week, I agree Warren County was making their fair share of fouling, but they were hustle, legitmate,clean fouls. Not the same kind of fouling that Coffee County was making,(Hence the one flagarant foul that was called) and they probably could have called a couple more flagarant fouls. I don't mind a team playing a clean aggresive game and fouls occur, but the fans of Coffee County that I have talked with after both games agree with me, that Coffee County is a cheap-shot fouling team. And if you think they don't hit players from behind on purpose then your not seeing the game that 95% of fans from both schools are seeing.

1975-76 Red Raiders were 17-10 and defeated in the sub-state by Chattanooga Riverside. Starters were Mark Lynn, Danny Sherrill, Duane West, Phillip Sherrill, and Norman Thomas. Lynn, D. Sherrill, and West were Jrs., P. Sherill a Soph., and Thomas a Sr.

1976-77 Red Raiders were 20-6 and defeated by Chattanooga Howard in the sub-state. Starters M. Lynn (full BB scholarship, MTSU), D. Sherrill (BB scholarship to a small FL school), D. West, P. Sherrill returned, and the 5th starting position rotated among several players.

Thanks for adding that....I just completely overlooked those two seasons!

Titans 21: I'm almost afraid to post this after all this carrying-on going on here!!,but concerning the Warren County game last week, I agree Warren County was making their fair share of fouling, but they were hustle, legitmate,clean fouls. Not the same kind of fouling that Coffee County was making,(Hence the one flagarant foul that was called) and they probably could have called a couple more flagarant fouls. I don't mind a team playing a clean aggresive game and fouls occur, but the fans of Coffee County that I have talked with after both games agree with me, that Coffee County is a cheap-shot fouling team. And if you think they don't hit players from behind on purpose then your not seeing the game that 95% of fans from both schools are seeing.

Just shut up about the fouls. i think you should stop being a baby and saying that cc plays dirty. Im sorry cc players dont give little baby fouls that you like. if you are so worried about it then maybe you should go watch or play elementary school league. im sure you would fit in a lot better there and get to watch or play the nice little game that you want!

Well Ms. Wildcat 3030 this is the mother of the young man you have so freely been talking about on this post. I'm not sure how you think we should have taken your post. It appears to me you were quit clear in your comments about being a child of a board member will get you a starting position. There are no other board members with children playing. Those were your words. Based on your post today you are insinuating that his playtime is based on politics. You obviously don't know us very well or coach taylor. We don't play politics to get our children playtime. They get their playtime based on what they do. We have never nor will we ever discuss with a coach about playtime. There were many games when he was younger when he did sit the bench and other kids were playing. Do you know what our advice was to our son. Work harder and keep your head up. That's exactly what he has done. What kind of advice do you give your son or do you just make excuses for him and get on this site and critisize others. I resent what you have insinuated here. How many times have you told the other players they have done a good job and to keep working harder? We do it at every game to every player. Do you? A team is made of more than one person, those players have to work together towards the same goal or they will never be successful. If you are going home and telling your son that he is an individual instead of a team player and he is playing for himself (or maybe for you) then he/the team will never be succussful. Maybe you should consider encouraging your son instead of getting on here and critisizing mine.

As far as challenging you to a fight, you have lost your mind. What my husband said was if you have concerns/opinions about the program or our son, come talk to him at the game friday night. He would be more than happy to discuss them with you. He never challenged you to a fight nor did he know you were a woman what he said was "gentelmen's dissucssion" . Your secret name did not indicate that you were a woman. If you have anything else you want to say on this matter we will be behind the bench like we have for the last 20 years cheering for the Red Raiders. Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We have never or will we ever discuss playing time with a coach." "We don't play politics." YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Just shut up about the fouls. i think you should stop being a baby and saying that cc plays dirty. Im sorry cc players dont give little baby fouls that you like. if you are so worried about it then maybe you should go watch or play elementary school league. im sure you would fit in a lot better there and get to watch or play the nice little game that you want!

Hey!! don't blame me for this cheap-shot fouling machine. Just ask the fans of Coffee County that attend the games, there is only 50-60 people in the stands, shouldn't be hard to find them!!!!!

Hey!! don't blame me for this cheap-shot fouling machine. Just ask the fans of Coffee County that attend the games, there is only 50-60 people in the stands, shouldn't be hard to find them!!!!!

Coffee County fouls...Warren Co. fouls...Oakland fouls...Shelbyville fouls...teams fouls whether they're the best in their league (Oakland,Shelbyville) or the worst (Coffee and Warren). Every game has fouls so quit complaining! Every post you have your whining about Coffee County's fouling so just get over it.

Edited by reiko