Shot Clock

JPW4Heisman07

Just give your opinion....Yes or No?In many ways I see it has positive and negative effects on the game.Negative:Many schools don't have the money to install 2 shot clocks,that and finding a clock operator is hard enough.Positive:It takes keep away style of play away,so the games won't be as boring when you play a team that likes the keep away.Overall,I think a 35 second shot clock could work,but the negative I mentioned,really does bite this idea in the behind.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just give your opinion....Yes or No?In many ways I see it has positive and negative effects on the game.Negative:Many schools don't have the money to install 2 shot clocks,that and finding a clock operator is hard enough.Positive:It takes keep away style of play away,so the games won't be as boring when you play a team that likes the keep away.Overall,I think a 35 second shot clock could work,but the negative I mentioned,really does bite this idea in the behind.

At high school level? No

1. You already have the 5 second closely guarded rule.

2. Scorers have enough trouble keeping up with the alternate possession arrow.

3. Allows more options for coaches to develop a style of play that matches their level of talent.

Yet I can't help but wonder,what some scores could look like.I honestly think,the scoring would go up.But,I still keep my opinion at no.

I'm not sure they would. In the games I've seen the shot clock would have seldom come into play. And remember a shot clock won't make the teams shoot better, they are still going to hit about 30% of their shots.

I say no...It's hard for small schools playing schools with taller players if they have a shot clock. Some well coached kids will pass the ball around for well past 35 seconds looking for the open shot. Coaches with taller players will just sit back in a zone waiting for the rebound. When you force them to play man to man they will get beat alot of times. If you place the shot clock in then you've taken away the only equalizer a smaller team has against a zone defense.