Central Invitational

trueblueraiderfan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was 3rd at 130? The results show Ryan Medved from "HAR" but there doesn't appear to a team that starts with "HAR" in the team scores. There is a Ryan Medved down here from Harrison, but he was in the Cobb County championship last weekend.

I'm holding my bracket and I don't see a Ryan Medved or Andy Siler listed...nor is there a team "RB"... this must be a mistake...stats from another tournament perhaps?

I'm holding my bracket and I don't see a Ryan Medved or Andy Siler listed...nor is there a team "RB"... this must be a mistake...stats from another tournament perhaps?

Funny....the guy from Chattanoogan.com emailed me and said he made a mistake.

It should read:

consolation finals - ; 130 – Joel Clayton (Central) pinned Jon Mayfield (Notre Dame), 1:32

the Medved - Siler match was at the McCallie tournament.

The 5 match in one day rule effected way too many people, and left many wrestlers disatisfied as they flipped a coin and may have lost to somebody that he beat previously. However, it was the only way to end that 15 hour long tournament!!!!

DUST - Seems like some unwarranted confusion on this coin flip stuff. TSSAA says your done after 5 matches in a day so the Central folks had their hands tied there. What I understood they were doing, was declaring a tie for 3rd and splitting the 3rd/4th place team points evenly which to me was the only fair way to handle it. The problem was what to do with the TSSAA supplied medals that were ingraved by weight class, 1st to 4th. They didn't have extra 3rd place medals to distribute, thus the coin flip. Therefore, you might have actually tied for 3rd but left with a 4th place medal. I don't know what else they could have done. Besides, most of these kids have so many medals laying around its hard to imagine the actual medal meaning that much to any of the wrestlers.

DUST - Seems like some unwarranted confusion on this coin flip stuff. TSSAA says your done after 5 matches in a day so the Central folks had their hands tied there. What I understood they were doing, was declaring a tie for 3rd and splitting the 3rd/4th place team points evenly which to me was the only fair way to handle it. The problem was what to do with the TSSAA supplied medals that were ingraved by weight class, 1st to 4th. They didn't have extra 3rd place medals to distribute, thus the coin flip. Therefore, you might have actually tied for 3rd but left with a 4th place medal. I don't know what else they could have done. Besides, most of these kids have so many medals laying around its hard to imagine the actual medal meaning that much to any of the wrestlers.

They split the team points if both wrestlers had already had 5 matches. If one wrestler had 5 matches and the opponent only had 4 matches then the opponent with 4 matches was declared the winner and his team received the team points. Thats why there was so much confusion and many people upset. Evidentally it cost one team in particular a chance to place a ahead of the next team ahead of them. I think it was a bad situation and they had no option but to follow what the rules said in this case.

It seems that Cody Quick was wrestling 189 , and then thought that it was a boxing match, as he popped TYLER R-O-B-E-R-S-O-N a couple of times, before being ask to leave. WV and I thought that Tyler might not be such a good selection to start a boxing career against. Hats off to the Baylor School for Boys and Girls on surviving a LLLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG day

Shout out to the Irish Place winners

4th --- John Mayfield

2nd--- Tee Boone

2nd--- Pat Flynn

And our Champion

Mr Adamson

It was an OLPER Paradise at Central

Alec Manley, Nick Milliard, Tee Boone, Trey Stavrum, Tyler Toon, Cassidy Altis,

Cody Hood , Jon Mayfied, Dylan Heath, Mr Johnson, Michael Temple, Pat Flynn, Jake Young and our Ga Boy Matthew ( I'll Be coming to ND next Year, driving a little red drop top ) Stanfield, along with Owner CoachJ, GM BCB and our loveable teddy bear of a coach WV.

Goog luck to everyone this week

Especially my IRISH

bcb

BCB, I enjoyed watching your Irish wrestle Saturday. It was the first chance I've had this season. Is there anyway you could fudge Mr. Adamson's paperwork and bring him back for one more year? What a pleasure he is to watch. Is it your godfathering that's made him so good? If so, you could retire and start selling your services to the parents of all the young wrasslers in the area. You'd do booming business. The Godfather.

I notice that the new rankings have Demetrius Johnson ranked ahead of Mr. Adamson. That's a match I want to see.

brb

I notice that the new rankings have Demetrius Johnson ranked ahead of Mr. Adamson. That's a match I want to see.

brb

That is a match I think a lot of us want to see. Definitely two of the state's most decorated going at it. I know Demetrius has spent a good part of the season at 125, I believe in hopes of preparing for college. I believe that were it not for his liking challenges like Mr. Adamson and what I am sure are his post-season plans (possibly that whole Sr. National thing?) that he might move on up to 125, where he has already tech-falled the #1 ranked wrestler, and leave 119 to Mr. Adamson.

From a fan's perspective I am glad that is not likely to happen as I think Adamson v Johnson is one of the most anticipated possible match-ups of the DI state tournament.

BCB, I enjoyed watching your Irish wrestle Saturday. It was the first chance I've had this season. Is there anyway you could fudge Mr. Adamson's paperwork and bring him back for one more year? What a pleasure he is to watch. Is it your godfathering that's made him so good? If so, you could retire and start selling your services to the parents of all the young wrasslers in the area. You'd do booming business. The Godfather.

brb

I have offered my services to several of the neighborhood wives , I mean families, but it seems that Raider76 has once again has beaten me to the punch. Ok brb, I ain't got a clue who you are and I believe that I've interrogated every stinking one of the Baylor School for Boys and Girls parents, trying to find out , who you be. You are even giving me clues, but alas my tiny brain ain't get it done. How about that Burger and coke at Mervs after the season ?

As for Mr Adamson vs Demetrius Johnson............

Come On

Here's one for WV..... Mr Adamson :thumb::o:thumb:

Edited by bear cat brown