RHEA CO IN '07

7mm

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. they will loose Caleb Wilson a should have been All State player at quarterback who is one of the top passing quarterback's in the history of TSSAA football, they loose a powerful back/reciever in Justin Prichett, they also loose All State reciever/FS Casey Mckinnon, they return all but one of the offensive line man but loose there entire secondary, how ever many younger players played thoughout the year. There toughest to replace are Wilson and Mckinnon, though Prichett was a solid player both ways they have an equaly talented running back up coming, but the linebacking core will miss him. So in my opinion it will be up in the air whether or not its a rebuilding year, there will for sure be a juinor quarterback so which ever one of those boys step up will have some big shoes to fill, but i guess we will have to wait til next season to be for sure...

Rhea Co.[/url'>' post='826326158' date='Jan 9 2007 - 05:26 PM']

It will be interesting to see what Swafford can do next year. He has some very big shoes to fell. But knowing him he will be ready to play by next fall.

My son plays for Rhea Co. and he tells me that Swafford is not for sure the quarterback next year, its between him and the new kid from iowa Josh Davis. They will both be juniors and will be battling it out this summer for the position.

Rhea County has some good feeder programs. Their middle school teams have all been very good the past 4 or 5 seasons. They should have a good highschool team by now.

Yeah I think it will only get better over the next 2 or 3 years. This years and last years freshmen classes were some of the best athletes i have seen coming out of the feeder schools, so I look for them to surprise a few people here in a year or two.

My son plays for Rhea Co. and he tells me that Swafford is not for sure the quarterback next year, its between him and the new kid from iowa Josh Davis. They will both be juniors and will be battling it out this summer for the position.

You got point by brother plays for Rhea right now also and he told me the same thing the other day. But also the freshman QB Stone was pretty good too this year. He maybe in the fight for the job, but I still think Swafford will get the call next fall. I believe he is the most experienced at the position.

The big lineman from Rhea #56 is good. Who has offered him?

Yeah Big Mac Brandon McLeroy. I havn't heard if anyone is looking at him but he is such a good player somebody needs to look at him if they're not.

Edited by Rhea Co.

You got point by brother plays for Rhea right now also and he told me the same thing the other day. But also the freshman QB Stone was pretty good too this year. He maybe in the fight for the job, but I still think Swafford will get the call next fall. I believe he is the most experienced at the position.

He is expierenced, but i who knows.. Stone doesn't have a chance from what it sounds he really didnt have a good year at all in my opinion, and I'm not even for sure if he is playing.

Yeah Big Mac Brandon McLeroy. I havn't heard if anyone is looking at him but he is such a good player somebody needs to look at him if they're not.

Yes Mcleroy will be a difference maker on the team next year, talk about something you want infront of you, Julian Sharp and Chris Roberts will be spoiled by that big boys blockiing.

Wasn't the freshman QB injured last year? Idk how reliable he sounds to give the starting position to, and I don't really remember being all to impressed watching him.

My opinion is that it's Swafford's job to lose..he is faster, stronger, has a better arm, and has more experience than anyone else that I know of.

Didn't that basketball kid, Brown was his last name I believe take a few snaps last year and run? Id like to see a running QB.

What do we look like on defense too, We lost all the secondary and linebackers besides Roberts, is that correct?

Didn't that basketball kid, Brown was his last name I believe take a few snaps last year and run? Id like to see a running QB.

I'VE SEEN BROWN RUN AND HE IS FAST. BUT, I THINK LAST YEAR WAS HIS FIRST YEAR TO EVER PLAY FOOTBALL UNLESS HE PLAYED IN LITTLE LEAGUE. I'D BE A LITTLE APPREHENSIVE ABOUT PUTTING HIM BEHIND CENTER WITH HIS LACK OF EXPERIENCE. I'VE SEEN SWAFFORD RUN AS WELL AND HE IS FAST. NOT AS FAST AS BROWN BUT IF HE GETS PAST THE LINE HE'S A GOOD OPEN FIELD RUNNER. I THINK HE WOULD MAKE A GOOD ALL AROUND QB.

Edited by 7mm