smyrnas non region game vs. maryville in 07'

Smyrna doesn't have to go all the way to Maryville to play a tough 4-A team. The 4-A state runner - up, Hillsboro, is right down the road. Smyrna knows how tough 4-A is. I heard that they got drilled this summer by 4-A Maplewood?

wow maplewood "won" a scrimmage SMYRNA WON THE STATE CHAMIONSHIP

I believe I will take the State Championship over a "scrimmage"

did they give maplewood a scrimmage trophy??

scrimmages are just that scrimmages

As for Hillsboro they are yr in and yr out excellent and would be a good opponent maplewood ????

dont remeber seeing them when I was in murfreesboro???

oh thats right they weren't there

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Hillsboro they are yr in and yr out excellent and would be a good opponent maplewood ????

Now that post was down right funny.

First of all, I don't remember saying "won". I said Smyrna got "DRILLED" by Maplewood this summer. Secondly, everyone knows Smyrna "WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP". Was starting your post with that statement your way of taking the focus off of the ORIGINAL ISSUE? DID THEY OR DID THEY NOT get DRILLED in the scrimmage?. Scrimmages are just games used to measure where your teams are and just admit it Smyrna was no where close to Maplewood at that time. Its obvious that Smyrna must have gotten better as the year went on. Just look at the 1st Riverdale game? No, Maplewood didn't get a scrimmage trophy. No, you didn't see them in Murfreesboro either. ( Unless they paid to get in! ) But they did leave Smyrna last summer knowing they had just DRILLED a team that was picked to win it all AT THAT TIME!! CONGRATS TO SMYRNA!

First of all, I don't remember saying "won". I said Smyrna got "DRILLED" by Maplewood this summer. Secondly, everyone knows Smyrna "WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP". Was starting your post with that statement your way of taking the focus off of the ORIGINAL ISSUE? DID THEY OR DID THEY NOT get DRILLED in the scrimmage?. Scrimmages are just games used to measure where your teams are and just admit it Smyrna was no where close to Maplewood at that time. Its obvious that Smyrna must have gotten better as the year went on. Just look at the 1st Riverdale game? No, Maplewood didn't get a scrimmage trophy. No, you didn't see them in Murfreesboro either. ( Unless they paid to get in! ) But they did leave Smyrna last summer knowing they had just DRILLED a team that was picked to win it all AT THAT TIME!! CONGRATS TO SMYRNA!

Correction scrimmages are pratices used to simulate game like situations. Scrimmages can be used to evaluate where the team stands, what works and doesn't work and individual players. As a result, a coach may try new plays, new players. It seems very obvious Smyrna does not care about the results of scrimmages, but rather evaluating players, trying new plays, and sets. Congratulations on drilling Smyrna in a scrimmage, but maybe next year Maplewood should concentrate on the season and not scrimmages.