AP POLL

FIREMANFRANK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look Rhea, you are the one who started this little peeing match with your ludicrous 2-6 remark and since you "ain't from around here" I am gonna let that one go. But perhaps you should learn a bit more about them before you start talking about how they're gonna be next year. Our friend Roundballjunkie is alluding to the fact that there were those who predicted both BC and Bearden would ride roughshod over Greeneville this year...as far as Antioch is concerned, no doubt they play one of the most competitive schedules in the state...but they only have one opponent in common with Greeneville and that is Krop and both lost by similar margins. Perhaps if Greeneville played the kind of competitive schedule that Antioch plays, we wouldn't have to listen to the same old tune every year about how over-rated we are and how bad we are gonna be next year. We heard it last year and the year before that as well...We have been consistantly good for the past 5 or 6 years. Duncan is gaining the reputation for being a player's coach and attracting new talent into the area. Greeneville Middle School has been feeding the high school quality talent for some time now. The current freshman class was undefeated in middle school and 6'3" freshman Wesley Quarles is seeing Varsity minutes this year.

As far as Bradley Central is concerned, they seem to be having less success against teams the second time they play them, having lost recently to both Oak Ridge and Red Bank. Oglesby is as important to their game as Wiggins is to Greeneville and head to head, Wiggins has proved himself the better man.

Exactly finally someone said it. Now answer this why dosn't Greeneville schedule harder competition. You have to admit the competition up the try cities area is weak compared to rest of east tennessee and tennessee in general. I was shocked when I moved up here. I'm use to seeing teams like Brainerd, Cleveland, Bradley, Howard, McMinn Central, Antioch, Oakland,Riverdale, and others from middle and east tennessee. What I'm trying to say is to get people like me and others off the over rated talk is to go to middle or west tennessee or heck travel the two to two and half to Mouth of Wilson VA. To get respect you have to play above the level greeneville is at right now. Like right now people say antioch plays only weak competition. Go figure on that.

As for bradley I like seeing them lose and you are right Oglesby is the main player but their coach is such a good recuiter he will have somebody come in and replace him, and wiggins yes he did prove himself that night he is good and if sounds like i'm saying he isn't well then sorry.

Exactly finally someone said it. Now answer this why dosn't Greeneville schedule harder competition. You have to admit the competition up the try cities area is weak compared to rest of east tennessee and tennessee in general. I was shocked when I moved up here. I'm use to seeing teams like Brainerd, Cleveland, Bradley, Howard, McMinn Central, Antioch, Oakland,Riverdale, and others from middle and east tennessee. What I'm trying to say is to get people like me and others off the over rated talk is to go to middle or west tennessee or heck travel the two to two and half to Mouth of Wilson VA. To get respect you have to play above the level greeneville is at right now. Like right now people say antioch plays only weak competition. Go figure on that.

As for bradley I like seeing them lose and you are right Oglesby is the main player but their coach is such a good recuiter he will have somebody come in and replace him, and wiggins yes he did prove himself that night he is good and if sounds like i'm saying he isn't well then sorry.

If you haven't heard about Bill Duncan's alleged recruiting abilities then you obviously haven't been around here long enough. As far as scheduling tougher teams, I suppose we should just call up Oak Hill and ask for a game and they just roll out the red carpet for podunk little nobody Greeneville...WRONG. They schedule much like all the premier programs,for national ranking. We are pleased that out hometown tourney is beginning to attract some better talent and find the competition at the Arby's quite good. We are not some big-budget school that can afford to travel, so having good tourney's close to home is important.

Last time I checked, we still have to play conference, district and regional games so short of picking up the town and moving a few hundred miled west, we can't really do a whole lot to improve the quality of the teams in our conference. So if you want to judge Greeneville by the schedule we play, I can't stop you. But some of the broad, inflamatory statements you make about the team may come back to haunt you in March. ( I have saved a couple for future reference)

Edited by barb

If you haven't heard about Bill Duncan's alleged recruiting abilities then you obviously haven't been around here long enough. As far as scheduling tougher teams, I suppose we should just call up Oak Hill and ask for a game and they just roll out the red carpet for podunk little nobody Greeneville...WRONG. They schedule much like all the premier programs,for national ranking. We are pleased that out hometown tourney is beginning to attract some better talent and find the competition at the Arby's quite good. We are not some big-budget school that can afford to travel, so having good tourney's close to home is important.

Last time I checked, we still have to play conference, district and regional games so short of picking up the town and moving a few hundred miled west, we can't really do a whole lot to improve the quality of the teams in our conference. So if you want to judge Greeneville by the schedule we play, I can't stop you. But some of the broad, inflamatory statements you make about the team may come back to haunt you in March. ( I have saved a couple for future reference)

Yeah oak hill is a tall order, but antioch tried to schedule them but for some reason TSSAA said no for what ever reason they gave crowder, but yet Liberty Tech got a date with them here in a few weeks at VA High. It is possible to play them. Yeah I did like the Land Air Classic, and the Arbys what else can you say one of the top tournaments in the Country. I have enjoyed the Arbys tournament for the last 3 or 4 years that I have live and traveled up here. Yes it is important to bring money to the area. Well I guess we will see in march. Infact I won't say a thing about greeneville til then. We'll see in march. Districts start in a month or so and state in 9 weeks.

Edited by Rhea Co.

It's not negative thing. it's just went he scores half to alittle under half of the teams points most of the time. It will be interesting to see how greeneville will recover after he graduates

Oh no there are so teams that can play in east tennessee just not from northeast tennessee. And you are right there is hardly no teams east of Cumberland Plateau that can play except for a few from Konxville and the Chattanooga Area

Since you want to compare Greeneville to Antioch, Whites Creek, Oakland, Raleigh Egypt, and Riverdale

1. lets look at the teams that greeneville has played and that are good. OK Bradley, Breaden, P.K. Yonge and Krop

Now look at who Antioch has played that is good

McEachern GA, White County, Holy Cross La, McGavock, Franklin, Krop,Hillsboro, and tonight Whites Creek

Whites Creek- LaVergne, McEachern GA, McGavock, Hillsboro, and Antioch tonight.

Oakland-LaVergne,White County,Blackman, Huntsville, Huntsville Bulter, and Franklin County,

Raleigh Egypt- Liberty Tech, White Station, St Andrews RI, St Louis Vashon, Abraham Lincoln NY,Ridgeway, Briarcrest, and Memphis Overton

Riverdale-Franklin County, Shelbyville, McEachern, Gallatin, Cookeville, Christian Brothers, and Blackman

And Bradley is 7th, and not in the top six . I would love to see Bradley play Greeneville again, but it is not going to happen unless it is at state.

Now also notice in the top ten how many of those teams are from east tennessee. 2 Middle Tennessee- 6 and west- 2 Personally Raleigh Egypt should be number one

While driving in the car tonight I was channel surfing on the radio and heard a sports talk show from Cleveland, OH...all the talk was about how Ohio State was a much more talented team and really is better than Florida - given the score from last night, that seems pretty stupid. huh? Think about what you posted - see anything similiar?

While driving in the car tonight I was channel surfing on the radio and heard a sports talk show from Cleveland, OH...all the talk was about how Ohio State was a much more talented team and really is better than Florida - given the score from last night, that seems pretty stupid. huh? Think about what you posted - see anything similiar?

Not really Ohio State vs Flordia is football. Flordia the power house SEC school vs a over rated Big Ten school Ohio State. Everybody knows southern football teams are the best they have more speed and more talent than any other region in the U.S.

Now as for basketball read my last post i won't say another thing about greenville til march. We all will see what happens when they earn the right to go to Murfreesboro.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Rhea Co.[/url'>' post='826326312' date='Jan 9 2007 - 08:48 PM']

Yeah oak hill is a tall order, but antioch tried to schedule them but for some reason TSSAA said no for what ever reason they gave crowder, but yet Liberty Tech got a date with them here in a few weeks at VA High. It is possible to play them. Yeah I did like the Land Air Classic, and the Arbys what else can you say one of the top tournaments in the Country. I have enjoyed the Arbys tournament for the last 3 or 4 years that I have lived up here. Yes it is important to bring money to the area. Well I guess we will see in march. Infact I won't say a thing about greeneville til then. We'll see in march. Districts start in a month or so and state in 9 weeks.

I seem to recall that the TSSAA stepped in and put a halt to this a few years ago. I remember going to Freedom Hall in Johnson City and watching Science Hill beat a highly ranked Oak Hill squad led by Ron Mercer.

I'm not sure why the TSSAA would care, but Science Hill and Oak Hill only got to play each other once or twice. Can anyone shed any light on the TSSAA "blackballing' Oak Hill? Is it because they were robbing the state of some of it's best talent?(i.e. Ron Mercer, Ron Slay, etc.)

I seem to recall that the TSSAA stepped in and put a halt to this a few years ago. I remember going to Freedom Hall in Johnson City and watching Science Hill beat a highly ranked Oak Hill squad led by Ron Mercer.

I'm not sure why the TSSAA would care, but Science Hill and Oak Hill only got to play each other once or twice. Can anyone shed any light on the TSSAA "blackballing' Oak Hill? Is it because they were robbing the state of some of it's best talent?(i.e. Ron Mercer, Ron Slay, etc.)

Sir i think u may be right seems like a pretty good reason to keep them from playing in there state to me but back to the topic at hand i think that these polls are flawed to say the least they usually voters normally go with the best team they are most familiar with because of a lack of knowledge of teams on the other side of the state. I dont kno much about Greenville but i highly doubt they could beat R-E this year wait til march things will shake out

Rhea Co.[/url]' post='826326370' date='Jan 9 2007 - 10:09 PM']

Not really Ohio State vs Flordia is football. Flordia the power house SEC school vs a over rated Big Ten school Ohio State. Everybody knows southern football teams are the best they have more speed and more talent than any other region in the U.S.

Now as for basketball read my last post i won't say another thing about greenville til march. We all will see what happens when they earn the right to go to Murfreesboro.

Please tell me you are not really this dense...

Look Rhea, you are the one who started this little peeing match with your ludicrous 2-6 remark and since you "ain't from around here" I am gonna let that one go. But perhaps you should learn a bit more about them before you start talking about how they're gonna be next year. Our friend Roundballjunkie is alluding to the fact that there were those who predicted both BC and Bearden would ride roughshod over Greeneville this year...as far as Antioch is concerned, no doubt they play one of the most competitive schedules in the state...but they only have one opponent in common with Greeneville and that is Krop and both lost by similar margins. Perhaps if Greeneville played the kind of competitive schedule that Antioch plays, we wouldn't have to listen to the same old tune every year about how over-rated we are and how bad we are gonna be next year. We heard it last year and the year before that as well...We have been consistantly good for the past 5 or 6 years. Duncan is gaining the reputation for being a player's coach and attracting new talent into the area. Greeneville Middle School has been feeding the high school quality talent for some time now. The current freshman class was undefeated in middle school and 6'3" freshman Wesley Quarles is seeing Varsity minutes this year.

As far as Bradley Central is concerned, they seem to be having less success against teams the second time they play them, having lost recently to both Oak Ridge and Red Bank. Oglesby is as important to their game as Wiggins is to Greeneville and head to head, Wiggins has proved himself the better man.