AP POLL

FIREMANFRANK

Please tell me you are not really this dense...

No I'm not as dense as I may seem I just like to get under peoples' skin who takes high school basketball polls too seriously. I just think Raleigh Egypt needs to be number 1 in AAA. They play harder teams and tournaments and they are in a very tough region in the memphis area.

I wish the AP would come up with a better way of voting on the top ten. They need to go out to West Tennessee. Basketball out there is nothing like basketball over here.

Edited by Rhea Co.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, which means little but here it is anyway. I really don't think that Greeneville is the best team in the state in AAA basketball. Heck I don't even know for sure if they are the best in East Tennessee and I am sure that Coach Bill Duncan would not want the #1 ranking if you asked him. That just makes for a big fat bulls eye on you. But I do know that they are 19-1 right now and lost to the team that won the Arby's classic. Do I think there were some better teams there??? Yeah I thought that Antioch would wear Krop out and I thought Liberty Tech and the team from Gainsville were awful good. I personally did not give Greeneville much chance against the Younce team from Gainsville but they beat them. When these guys are on they are pretty good, but when they are not they can be just average. When Wiggins is playing good it seems the rest of the bunch is playing good. But a poll is just a poll and means absolutely nothing except they have that honor of being #1 for at least one week.

I understand some of you wanting the best for your teams....But I wouldn't worry too much where the rankings have your teams or if you aren't ranked but think you should be ranked. Bottom line is RANKINGS MEAN ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING! It doesn't matter where you're ranked, just matters what your team does down the stretch. My advice is to let them play it out on the hard wood and end all discussions.

What you Devil bashers don't know is we have the #1 coach in the state in Bill Duncan and the best role player and heart and soul of the state Seth Ottinger. You all better hope that Ottinger doesn't decide he needs to be a scorer, he can be a force...

I don't really think anyone is bashing Greeneville...just the polls. If you look at who was eligible to vote, it had a decidedly Eastern/Midstate slant. These writers vote for teams they are familiar with. These are pretty fluid this time of year, and I am sure some of the Devil fans will be on here next week complaining cause they dropped to 3 or 4.

Billy-D is one of the finest coaches in the state and I am sure he,like the rest of us, would like to see Seth "decide he needs to be a scorer". Sure would take some of the pressure off Wiggins. Until then, I am sure the "heart and soul of the state" doesn't need this shameless promotion.

• 2 weeks later...