Outlook for Region 7-4A

Yanker

I thought YOU wanted to get off this topic. But since YOU asked, The TSSAA should do something more than nothing! They should look into the matter. They should investigate. If everything was done properly, then great. If not, then do whatever is right. They shouldn't just take YOUR word for it! If everything was done properly, AT LEAST others out there, who may be on the verge of doing something improper, will at least know that someone out there, is concerned enough to look into what we all know is a bit unusual. What does the "lake" have to do with this? Do you have any idea at all, what the state retirement is for school teachers? My home by the "lake" is not ON the lake. It is a less than modest house, probably much smaller than yours, out of sight of the lake. But since you brought it up, I wouldn't apologize for it, if it were a mansion, which it obviously isn't. You never answered my question. Do you know the difference in round two and round four? Which do you prefer?

When does the football discussion begin?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does the football discussion begin?

Since you seem reluctant to discuss anything football related , I'll throw out the first question. Tell us how you see the region playing out assuming Munford has no "transfers" in this Fall. (Pick the region with NO NEW PLAYERS at Munford). Then tell us why you picked the way you did. You wanted to talk football...Let's hear it!

Since you seem reluctant to discuss anything football related , I'll throw out the first question. Tell us how you see the region playing out assuming Munford has no "transfers" in this Fall. (Pick the region with NO NEW PLAYERS at Munford). Then tell us why you picked the way you did. You wanted to talk football...Let's hear it!

Speaking of reluctance, I have noticed that you have NEVER answered a question on here, to which you do not like the answer. I am happy to talk about football. Keep in mind, that while I know the game of high school football pretty well, I have only been around here for a few short years, therefore, I do not know this region as well as you, and others who have lived around here much longer than I. If I were still coaching, I would know what teams returned what players,etc.. Without that knowledge,I must base things on what I remember from last year. Is the Munford fullback returning? That information would influence my thinking. I like your QB, and I think he returns. It seems like your wingback also returns. The guy I am talking about, has a number in the teens. He is a very good player. I am not certain about your linemen, except that I know you lost the transfer from Memphis, and I thought that he was, by far, your best. Henry County lost a lot on offense, and that includes most, or all, of the line. Their season may largely depend on how that shapes up. They lost their top receiver, as well as an all-state QB, who has started for years. They return several on defense, but their losses were severe in quality. JCM has loads of raw talent, but something seems to be missing there. Brighton has as much talent as anyone, and more than most. If they ever put it together, then the region will be more difficult. Hardin County has a couple of good skill players returning from a fair team last year. I didn't think much of Northside and Liberty last year, and I have no idea how they will be. I would say that WITHOUT any transfers, the region will come down to a battle between Munford and Henry County, with the edge going to Henry County. Brighton and Hardin County could each, play the role of spoiler. The rest of the region had better hope that whatever is "missing" at JCM, stays missing. According to you and your "friend", the transfers are inevitable. If that is the case, then I would make Munford my pick to win the region. Since no other team in the region, other than Brighton, is close to a major metropolitan area, then Munford has an advantage that the rest of the region can't combat. You won't like hearing this, but the playing field would not be level. Therefore, Munford should probably always be the region favorite, unless the transfers do not materialize. When I say "transfers", I realize that anyone can get an occasional transfer. Other region teams may get a quality transfer from time to time. If Munford gets several transfers, who are among the top five players on the team, then they SHOULD win the region, just like they did last year.

Edited by Red Warrior

Red, I think this year could easily turn into a three way tie for first place with the tie breaker going to overall record and if thats the case Henry might have the edge. I think they dropped some of their non-conference teams for some lighter opponents. Nothing wrong with that but with Millington and Covington right next door we're kind of locked in to them. I think again this year Henry is the team to beat with Hardin, JCM, Brighton and hopefully us in the mix. We did win the region last year but remember we we're behind at some point in every game and won all region games except Northside by one touchdown. So as good of a year as it was dominate we did not. As for this year I think the top three will be very close and each will have one region loss. How good will we be? I honestly don't know during this time of year it easy to think your better then you are or worst. For us we lost a lot to graduation and we're going to need some younger guys to come on. By the way how is the fishing. I got some in this past weekend and caught two big bass everything else was catch and release. I have a serious question tell me about your back ground as to your coaching career if you don't mind.

Red, I think this year could easily turn into a three way tie for first place with the tie breaker going to overall record and if thats the case Henry might have the edge. I think they dropped some of their non-conference teams for some lighter opponents. Nothing wrong with that but with Millington and Covington right next door we're kind of locked in to them. I think again this year Henry is the team to beat with Hardin, JCM, Brighton and hopefully us in the mix. We did win the region last year but remember we we're behind at some point in every game and won all region games except Northside by one touchdown. So as good of a year as it was dominate we did not. As for this year I think the top three will be very close and each will have one region loss. How good will we be? I honestly don't know during this time of year it easy to think your better then you are or worst. For us we lost a lot to graduation and we're going to need some younger guys to come on. By the way how is the fishing. I got some in this past weekend and caught two big bass everything else was catch and release. I have a serious question tell me about your back ground as to your coaching career if you don't mind.

When you say "three way tie", I assume you include Hardin County as the other team. I don't know the reason, but I have read on here that Henry County will not play Ridgeway or Southside this year. I don't remember who replaced them, but that has no bearing on the region anyway. The fishing is great. I am not an expert fisherman but I do enjoy the eating. I am more likely to fish a liitle, play golf a little, and eat a lot. Like I said, I live in almost total anonymity out here, and I like that. I have a few of my coaching friends out here sometimes, and we talk very little football, when they are here. I coached in another state for most of my career but I am from Tennessee. During my career, the area of the state in which I coached, was an "old school" area. We ran primarily I-Formation and Wing-T. On defense, we were a 50 team that ran some old "split-five" stuff and occasionally some 4-3. I have coached it all except for running backs.

Henry Co. did not drop some of their non-conference teams for lighter opponents. Ridgeway, Kenwood, and Southside all dropped us to play teams closer to home. If the opponents are lighter, it isn't because HC wanted to lighten the schedule. It is because they were dropped and found replacements as they could.

Pride, Non-conference schedules change every two years and I'm not saying you dropped teams for a easier go but you had one of the toughest schedules in Tennessee and by dropping the teams you did will only help you if a three way tie occurs and the first tie breaker goes to overall record. That was my point. Red the bearing that non-conference games have on a region comes in to play if the standings result in a three way tie for first place. Red you speak of another state. What state? I came from another state as well, Valdosta-Georgia, before landing in Memphis. We've been known to play a little football down there.

Edited by cougarmike

Is there anyone else on this site other then Henry County and Munford people? What is the state of the rest of the region? What do you know or what's your opinion?

Teams with the most talent and the least results? Tie JCM and Brighton

Best team? Henry County

Over achiever? Munford

Bottom of the barrel? Liberity

Best home field advantage? Last year Munford, haven't been to Henry yet, but the Rock was hard on us two years in a row when at East.

Who is the best up coming senior?

Best defense?

Best offense?

Can Northside continue building on their last year finish?

Will Liberity contend this year or just be a win?

Will Yanker continue to pick his JCM cougars over everyone including the New England Patriots?

Please add on any topics I've left out.

Almost forgot will Henry County fans and Munford fans shock the world and become best friends and confidants?

Edited by cougarmike

Yanker the all knowing. What is the realistic out look of JCM with the holes offensively and defensively they have to fill. Everyone knows they have talent but can they harness it in the right directions. What makes you think JCM will be different this year from last. Since we come to you this year have they done anything to fix or improve the rubble pile that you call the rock? It reminds me of old crump stadium. Once great but has aged poorly.

Henry Co. did not drop some of their non-conference teams for lighter opponents. Ridgeway, Kenwood, and Southside all dropped us to play teams closer to home. If the opponents are lighter, it isn't because HC wanted to lighten the schedule. It is because they were dropped and found replacements as they could.

My "Cougarless Mikefulling" friend seems to have touched a nerve, my "Non-Dropperful-Lighterless Closering-Replacementarian Angering" friend. The YANKER never saw the need for HC to play Ridgeway in the first place. What good did it do you? We had no reason to play Germantown, and I hear we are finally rid of them. Fans who want to "load up" in non-region games are not thinking straight. It is OK to have a tough non-region game...but it is absurd to fill up your schedule with them. I am back...and...I AM STILL THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone else on this site other then Henry County and Munford people? What is the state of the rest of the region? What do you know or what's your opinion?

Teams with the most talent and the least results? Tie JCM and Brighton

Best team? Henry County

Over achiever? Munford

Bottom of the barrel? Liberity

Best home field advantage? Last year Munford, haven't been to Henry yet, but the Rock was hard on us two years in a row when at East.

Who is the best up coming senior?

Best defense?

Best offense?

Can Northside continue building on their last year finish?

Will Liberity contend this year or just be a win?

Will Yanker continue to pick his JCM cougars over everyone including the New England Patriots?

Please add on any topics I've left out.

Almost forgot will Henry County fans and Munford fans shock the world and become best friends and confidants?

We have one bad season and you join the crowd of non-thinkers, and talk of our "lack of results"...please track our record of recent decades...last year included...and see how our record compares with ALL other teams in this region. How is HC the best team in the region? They have lost EVERYONE!!! Munford is the defending champs and you beat HC last year, therefore, until someone beats you... Munford is the pick. I will agree about Liberty being on the bottom...that brings a smile to the face of a happy YANKER!! Best senior...GAVIN HARDIN!!!!! If our schedule includes the New England Patriots, then our new DB from Riverdale will shut Randy Moss down, and our chances to beat them are great!!! The YANKER wants no such friendship between HC and Munford...and it is unlikely to happen, with wtnoff, cougarmike, and red warrior, constantly battling over "transfergate"!!!! I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER...AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!