Outlook for Region 7-4A

Yanker

You, of all people, should know that I say EXACTLY what I mean. Being a former coach, I am not as quick to blame the coaches, as you seem to want me to be. That is the easy way out for al of thel uneducated fans out there. I have no idea what the situation is at JCM, except what I read on here with respect to their lack of coaches. I assume that to be true. Brighton has good athletes, but every program doesn't get turned around as quickly as Munford and Henry County. I would say give it a couple of more years at Brighton. JCM seems to have more coaching problems, if they have lost some coaches to Liberty. I know these two schools have lots of talent, but I am not certain as to why they weren't as good as their talent seems to be.

Oh come on!!! Why don't you quit skirting around the question and say "EXACTLY" what you think!!!! You said "I have no idea what the situation is at JCM." You have talked about the great athletes there. Why aren't they doing better? The answer about losing coaches to Liberty won't fly. They have been there yet where are the results. The number about having fewer coaches won't fly either. If you coached for 35 years, you have either been a part of a program with a limited number of coaches or have known of one that still got the job done. Programs that get turned around are done with changes in philosophy and approaches to the game. You say that Brighton has good athletes but it may take several more years to see results. Coaches know that you must have athletes to win and regardless of how good a coach may be, he won't win without them. If they are there as you say, what is the problem. NOW, you wanted a question! You got it! Now answer the question or let's hear no more about your expertise, and saying exactly what you mean!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on!!! Why don't you quit skirting around the question and say "EXACTLY" what you think!!!! You said "I have no idea what the situation is at JCM." You have talked about the great athletes there. Why aren't they doing better? The answer about losing coaches to Liberty won't fly. They have been there yet where are the results. The number about having fewer coaches won't fly either. If you coached for 35 years, you have either been a part of a program with a limited number of coaches or have known of one that still got the job done. Programs that get turned around are done with changes in philosophy and approaches to the game. You say that Brighton has good athletes but it may take several more years to see results. Coaches know that you must have athletes to win and regardless of how good a coach may be, he won't win without them. If they are there as you say, what is the problem. NOW, you wanted a question! You got it! Now answer the question or let's hear no more about your expertise, and saying exactly what you mean!

JCM won the region two years ago. Their record over the last two years is better than Munford's, and their record over the last three years is better than Henry County's. I do not think they played as well as their talent seemed to be, but I am not ready to point any finger of blame at a program that had a single down season, but is two years removed from a region title. As far as Brighton goes, they are talented, but small up front. They have lost the battle up front, the times I have seen them play. They have not lost the talent battle. Why don't you try answering your own questions, since you seem to be anxious to do so, or do you know anything beyond the greatness of Munford and their coaches?

For a guy who says he wants to talk about football, I didn't notice a word of it. If you have a topic, then bring it up and see what happens. As far as rules that may have been broken, if you don't care, then that's part of the problem. Pick a topic and let it develop. One more thing about the rules; now that the TSSAA won in the Supreme Court, maybe they can start doing their job.

my point exactly, ur to caught up in yourself and arguing about who knows more to even pay attention to other topics.. becasue if u werent u woulda noticed the 4 or 5 times ive posted in this convo about football.. and im not about to start arguing about this with you cause we all know how long u would carry it out just so you would win.. one more thing,, how is it part of the problem that i dont care? its already happened and last season is over, maybe your still stuck on last year because your so amazed by the success and dont wanna let that team go... well guess what this is 07 not 06 so who cares if he broke the rules last year.. definately not me and most likely no one else. so next time you decide to act like a know it all, why dont you do a little checkin up on things before you say stuff your not sure about.

when do most of the camps start up for the schools?

my point exactly, ur to caught up in yourself and arguing about who knows more to even pay attention to other topics.. becasue if u werent u woulda noticed the 4 or 5 times ive posted in this convo about football.. and im not about to start arguing about this with you cause we all know how long u would carry it out just so you would win.. one more thing,, how is it part of the problem that i dont care? its already happened and last season is over, maybe your still stuck on last year because your so amazed by the success and dont wanna let that team go... well guess what this is 07 not 06 so who cares if he broke the rules last year.. definately not me and most likely no one else. so next time you decide to act like a know it all, why dont you do a little checkin up on things before you say stuff your not sure about.

when do most of the camps start up for the schools?

Because it is attitudes like yours that perpetuate the problem. I was amazed at NOTHING that I saw last year, but I enjoy the high school brand of football. I readily admit that I do not know it ALL, but I know a heck of a lot more than the gentlemen who want to argue. As far as camp goes, based on the last few seasons, I would expect practice to begin the first week of August or the last week of July. Some in West Tennessee start as soon as the dead period is over.

Yanker, did Liberity fill the head coaching position with the offensive coach from JCM. What's that going to do for them and JCM? Who will take over the offensive duties at JCM?

I have only one contact who is remotely close to the program at JCM. He indicates that two coaches may go to Liberty, and Coach Hampton has lost his only other coach, so he is literally coaching alone right now. He is in the process of trying to put a staff together. I do not expect him to receive the cooperation from the administration that probably EVERY other head coach in the region, if not West Tennesee, would receive. That is the problem with athletics in Jackson. There is NO priority given to it at all, by those in charge. In fact, things are done to make it less and less of a priority, at every turn. There are simply not enough people around here who care. If there were, they would surely do something about it. Unfortunately, most of the people around here with any clout, have "moved" into the private school world. This lack of commitment and support makes the YANKER feel badly for all of our athletes in Jackson. I AM A SADDENED YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess i will have to change my user name to gocrusaders.... My girl my the cheerleading squad so i guess that means i will be a Liberty supporter for the next few years. I know we probably be the bottom team in the region but there is always hope for an upset. So i guess i'll get to see a few teams that i haven't seen in awhile and eat at some different places on the road. GOOD LUCK to all... GO CRUSADERS....

I have only one contact who is remotely close to the program at JCM. He indicates that two coaches may go to Liberty, and Coach Hampton has lost his only other coach, so he is literally coaching alone right now. He is in the process of trying to put a staff together. I do not expect him to receive the cooperation from the administration that probably EVERY other head coach in the region, if not West Tennesee, would receive. That is the problem with athletics in Jackson. There is NO priority given to it at all, by those in charge. In fact, things are done to make it less and less of a priority, at every turn. There are simply not enough people around here who care. If there were, they would surely do something about it. Unfortunately, most of the people around here with any clout, have "moved" into the private school world. This lack of commitment and support makes the YANKER feel badly for all of our athletes in Jackson. I AM A SADDENED YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I want to beat, let's make that annihilate, JCM when we play them, I found myself also saddened by this post. It certainly is unfair to the youth to have only one coach trying to coach an entire football team. It sounds as if there were only four to begin with. Even that it totally unacceptable. Some may say, "It's only football (replace 'football' with any extracurricular activity), but many of school's most important lessons are learned outside of the classroom. Why are there not more teachers in the school willing to give their time to help their students until Coach Hampton can put a staff together? Why, in your opinion, is the administration so anti-athletics? Why aren't you the SADDENED YET IMPERIOUS YANKER?

Edited by realredpride

I guess i will have to change my user name to gocrusaders.... My girl my the cheerleading squad so i guess that means i will be a Liberty supporter for the next few years. I know we probably be the bottom team in the region but there is always hope for an upset. So i guess i'll get to see a few teams that i haven't seen in awhile and eat at some different places on the road. GOOD LUCK to all... GO CRUSADERS....

Welcome aboard, my "unhawkishly crusadingful" friend!! The YANKER welcomes you and your new identity. I have another friend on this thread with multiple identities, but you are well behind him. His personalities (identities) are too numerous to enumerate. You will find that the YANKER has little use for Liberty, but I will admit that it is a good school, and your daughter will hopefully be happy there. My problem with Liberty is that I feel that they are the "favorite" of the school system, and therefore, get preferential treatment. That obviously has nothing to do with you and your daughter, so the YANKER wishes you both good luck. I hope she really enjoys cheering for basketball, after many losses during football season. I AM THE WELCOME WAGONNING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I want to beat, let's make that annihilate, JCM when we play them, I found myself also saddened by this post. It certainly is unfair to the youth to have only one coach trying to coach an entire football team. It sounds as if there were only four to begin with. Even that it totally unacceptable. Some may say, "It's only football (replace 'football' with any extracurricular activity), but many of school's most important lessons are learned outside of the classroom. Why are there not more teachers in the school willing to give their time to help their students until Coach Hampton can put a staff together? Why, in your opinion, is the administration so anti-athletics? Why aren't you the SADDENED YET IMPERIOUS YANKER?

You have become very VICIOUS, my "annihilateringly saddeningful-unfairfully youtherry-classlessly lessonful-YANKERFUL inquisitively" friend!! Why do you wish to ANNIHILATE us, when a one point victory serves the same purpose???? The YANKER does not blame the teachers at JCM. Many, if not all of them, are probably not qualified to help anyway. The administration of the entire system is to blame and the high school administration is no better. No one is fighting for the athletics at either level. The things you say are true, but no one in power shares those views. The YANKER continues to be IMPERIOUS,m but the overwhelming feeling of sadness took over at that moment. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a "football" question for all of you in Region 7. Who is the top returning lineman and the top returning back for each team?

The lineman part is simple but he may also be the back answer as well, depending on where he plays on defense. Best lineman in the REGION, as well as on JCM's team....Gavin Hardin. Best back in the REGION, as well as on JCM's team (if he plays LB)....Gavin Hardin. You did not ask, but you should have, so I will answer before you ask...MVP for the REGION...Gavin Hardin!!!! You are very combative, my "warrioringly aggressive" friend...you are also a wise warrior, since you have chosen not to take on the MIGHTY YANKER...it is a battle of wits that you will be unable to win!!!!! JCM to WIN the REGION!!!!! I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have become very VICIOUS, my "annihilateringly saddeningful-unfairfully youtherry-classlessly lessonful-YANKERFUL inquisitively" friend!! Why do you wish to ANNIHILATE us, when a one point victory serves the same purpose???? The YANKER does not blame the teachers at JCM. Many, if not all of them, are probably not qualified to help anyway. The administration of the entire system is to blame and the high school administration is no better. No one is fighting for the athletics at either level. The things you say are true, but no one in power shares those views. The YANKER continues to be IMPERIOUS,m but the overwhelming feeling of sadness took over at that moment. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point about the teachers is this: Coach Hampton obviously has his hands full. If, God forbid, a player were to be injured seriously, and the Coach needed to be with him, it would be nice to have another adult on hand to oversee the other students. I would not expect them to coach unless qualified, but it would be nice to have other members of the school support him until he can get a staff together. And I have to admit that you are right...a one-point win would be fine.