Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

Good job JC I knew i could count on you to get the party started

Here you go King,

Top 10 issues going into the spring/season(not in order)

1. With Long out with baseball, who will emerge as the solid #2 QB?

2. What offense will the Pats open the spring with, will we see a return to the split back veer, continue the I-Formation for comfort sake, or something totally unexpected?

3. Who will be running the defense now that Smoot is gone?

4. Is anything less than the playoffs a disappointing season?

5. Will we the see the Nick Sherrod of 05(641yds 6 TD's) or last years version?

6. Starting defense returns a lot of exprienced starters, can they match the 04 defense with 6 or more shutouts?

7. Who's name should Jeff County opponets know that they don`t already?

8. Will we see an aggressive, dominating Tyler Stepp at WR?

9. 80+ kids are expect to be out for spring practice, how many will make it out of the spring? How many when the season starts?

10. Offensive line lost some key starters, who will step up on the line?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill try to answer a couple of these for you JC4Life, but with a disclaimer that not all is factual so please no one get uptight.

1 - Will Darby looked like he was working with the first team offense, if there was such a thing. He split reps with freshman Hunter Gentry. Long and last year's JV QB Trevor Denton are both baseball.

2 - Saw signs of veer, thats the direction i think its headed

3 - I would expect McCash to take over as DC if gut is hired

4 - Sevier County lost a lot off last year's team, Karns, Bearden and Science Hill are all going through coaching changes. Should be interesting. Jeff County has enough returners to finish in the 3-4 range if they can learn to win all the close games that have slipped out of their hands the past few years.

5 - If the season started this summer, i doubt Sherrod would play football, he may change his mind though

6 - defense should be improved, a lot of sophomores played in the secondary last year, and some studs return at LB like Yeary, Rickard

7 - dont know after one day of practice

8 - Tyler i think is still not 100 percent sure on football, but I dont know that for fact. Aggressiveness is a must, plus they have to throw the ball to him a little more

9 - 80 + were there today - counting the baseball boys, they should be hopeful that at least 60 can make it to fall

10 - dont know much about this one right now either

Here you go King,

Top 10 issues going into the spring/season(not in order)

1. With Long out with baseball, who will emerge as the solid #2 QB?

2. What offense will the Pats open the spring with, will we see a return to the split back veer, continue the I-Formation for comfort sake, or something totally unexpected?

3. Who will be running the defense now that Smoot is gone?

4. Is anything less than the playoffs a disappointing season?

5. Will we the see the Nick Sherrod of 05(641yds 6 TD's) or last years version?

6. Starting defense returns a lot of exprienced starters, can they match the 04 defense with 6 or more shutouts?

7. Who's name should Jeff County opponets know that they don`t already?

8. Will we see an aggressive, dominating Tyler Stepp at WR?

9. 80+ kids are expect to be out for spring practice, how many will make it out of the spring? How many when the season starts?

10. Offensive line lost some key starters, who will step up on the line?

Edited by DZbettin

Ill try to answer a couple of these for you JC4Life, but with a disclaimer that not all is factual so please no one get uptight.

1 - Will Darby looked like he was working with the first team offense, if there was such a thing. He split reps with freshman Hunter Gentry. Long and last year's JV QB Trevor Denton are both baseball.

2 - Saw signs of veer, thats the direction i think its headed

3 - I would expect McCash to take over as DC if gut is hired

4 - Sevier County lost a lot off last year's team, Karns, Bearden and Science Hill are all going through coaching changes. Should be interesting. Jeff County has enough returners to finish in the 3-4 range if they can learn to win all the close games that have slipped out of their hands the past few years.

5 - If the season started this summer, i doubt Sherrod would play football, he may change his mind though

6 - defense should be improved, a lot of sophomores played in the secondary last year, and some studs return at LB like Yeary, Rickard

7 - dont know after one day of practice

8 - Tyler i think is still not 100 percent sure on football, but I dont know that for fact. Aggressiveness is a must, plus they have to throw the ball to him a little more

9 - 80 + were there today - counting the baseball boys, they should be hopeful that at least 60 can make it to fall

10 - dont know much about this one right now either

DZ, I counted roughly 98 players including the ones not in uniform(+or-5) That included Tyler Stepp. I heard his dad say he was not 100 percent, something about his elbow. Tomorrow, if the storms don't ruin it, I see the 50 defense being used.

These two worry me a bit. I think Sherrod is suffering a case of burnout, he looked very fatigued and unmotivated last season. He might end up like you say and completely focus on baseball, it would be a shame though, he's a heck of football player when he wants to be. The summer baseball circuit is key if Nick wants to play big time baseball at the next level, and that will get in the way of summer football workouts, hopefully there will be a compromise. Both Tyler and Nick were mis-used/under-used last season IMO, and it could be why they are wavering on football now. Motivation will be the key for both these guys, whoever ends up HC will have to light/relight the fire for football with both players.

DZ, I counted roughly 98 players including the ones not in uniform(+or-5) That included Tyler Stepp. I heard his dad say he was not 100 percent, something about his elbow. Tomorrow, if the storms don't ruin it, I see the 50 defense being used.

Yeah I heard him say that too Warlock. I never knew how his dad felt about the whole football thing so I didnt know if he thought it got in the way of track, or whether he enjoyed it last year or what. I know Tyler's AAU track career, and bball, keeps him busy most of the year.

As for Nick, its all about concentrating on baseball and I know his dad has said it was looking like he wouldn't be out for football next year. There is no doubt that baseball is his sports, he's tearing it up this year, but we'll see.

But anyway, 98 players is large warlock and that's without the incoming freshman. I say there was half that many last spring but ill have to go back and look. If they can keep two-thirds of them into fall then thats a good step in right direction.

Yeah I heard him say that too Warlock. I never knew how his dad felt about the whole football thing so I didnt know if he thought it got in the way of track, or whether he enjoyed it last year or what. I know Tyler's AAU track career, and bball, keeps him busy most of the year.

As for Nick, its all about concentrating on baseball and I know his dad has said it was looking like he wouldn't be out for football next year. There is no doubt that baseball is his sports, he's tearing it up this year, but we'll see.

But anyway, 98 players is large warlock and that's without the incoming freshman. I say there was half that many last spring but ill have to go back and look. If they can keep two-thirds of them into fall then thats a good step in right direction.

Don't take my count as gosspil, players were moving around and it was hard to count heads. Maybe closer to 90.