Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're trying to schedule as many 4A region 2 teams as possible(East, West, Greenville, Cocke Co) in an attempt to pad our schedule lol. Can't judge till fall, but I expect us to go 3-1(maybe even 4-0) in those games.

3-1 would be great. The guys just need to build a lot of confidence and learn how to win. I hope some of those guys start showing up since dead period is now over and it is time to get serious. We had some guys out there in spring that had not played in a few years but have good size and strength and could really help if they are serious about playing football. I hope the coaching staff will contact these guys if they don't show up and encourage them to get out there. As for Sherrod - he would be a great asset for the offense but I don't think you will change his mind. We need someone to step up and become a go to receiver.

We're trying to schedule as many 4A region 2 teams as possible(East, West, Greenville, Cocke Co) in an attempt to pad our schedule lol. Can't judge till fall, but I expect us to go 3-1(maybe even 4-0) in those games.

Unfortunately those aren't the teams we need to beat....Karns, Sevier County, Bearden, Science Hill

Did you say scheduling Morristown East, and Morristown West was an attempt to pad your schedule. JC will be lucky to come out of that with a 2-2 record. Greeneville may also surprise you to. I could see you saying that about Cocke Co. If you want to pad your schedule then pick up a team that gives JC a for sure win.

JC has a long way to go. While they may reach it this year, beating MW and ME will a tough thing to do.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

Did you say scheduling Morristown East, and Morristown West was an attempt to pad your schedule. JC will be lucky to come out of that with a 2-2 record. Greeneville may also surprise you to. I could see you saying that about Cocke Co. If you want to pad your schedule then pick up a team that gives JC a for sure win.

JC has a long way to go. While they may reach it this year, beating MW and ME will a tough thing to do.

West and East have been on the schedule for a few years now, Greenville and Cocke Co haven`t been. With the exception of West that entire region is a pad IMO.

BTW, East has been a sure win for as long as I can remember, maybe that changes this year maybe not. You are absolutely right that Jeff County still has a long way to go, but one thing is for sure, at our very lowest point we still beat East. I like our chances this year being at home, with what is coming back. I could be wrong, we`ll find out in Sept.

I know that JC has the size, but they lack speed and athleticism. ME has plenty of it. JC has none.

You have failed to remember the team that played against MW in the 3rd round at Carson Newman and almost won.

I am not saying that Jeff County High School does not have any fast athletes, they are just not playing football. There is a great tradition of tallent at JC, and one important job for a Head Coach is to get those kids playing football. We will see if he has done his job.

West and East have been on the schedule for a few years now, Greenville and Cocke Co haven`t been. With the exception of West that entire region is a pad IMO.

BTW, East has been a sure win for as long as I can remember, maybe that changes this year maybe not. You are absolutely right that Jeff County still has a long way to go, but one thing is for sure, at our very lowest point we still beat East. I like our chances this year being at home, with what is coming back. I could be wrong, we`ll find out in Sept.

If you remeber, you were one play away from losing last year. Please, go ahead and count that win against east this year, it is a great motivation to consider a good team as an easy win.

If you remeber, you were one play away from losing last year. Please, go ahead and count that win against east this year, it is a great motivation to consider a good team as an easy win.

I never said it would be easy, but I expect a win(as you probably do on the other side).

One play, half a play, doesn`t really matter a win is a win. East hasn`t beat Jeff County in lord knows how long, I`ll believe it when I see it.