Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

I know that JC has the size, but they lack speed and athleticism. ME has plenty of it. JC has none.

Did East sneak in a bunch of transfers in the off season? Did East not have "plenty" of speed last season when the two teams met, or did this speed appear later in the season?

Well I guess we heard it hear first.....

Jeff County=Big and slow

East=Speed demons

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did East sneak in a bunch of transfers in the off season? Did East not have "plenty" of speed last season when the two teams met, or did this speed appear later in the season?

Well I guess we heard it hear first.....

Jeff County=Big and slow

East=Speed demons

You must not have seen east play last year to question if they had speed.

JC4life=rosecolored glasses

I know that JC has the size, but they lack speed and athleticism. ME has plenty of it. JC has none.

You have failed to remember the team that played against MW in the 3rd round at Carson Newman and almost won.

I am not saying that Jeff County High School does not have any fast athletes, they are just not playing football. There is a great tradition of tallent at JC, and one important job for a Head Coach is to get those kids playing football. We will see if he has done his job.

Besides Dockery, who has all of this speed. Please don't say Turner.....he is slower than your QB last year....

Last year East had 10 starters on Defense that were underclassmen.

Big deal, it's not like you had a great defense.....you will be better though...do you honestly think we lost much.

Everybody knows we have been playing soph and jr for the past 2 yrs.

The past two games have been good close games that could have gone either way.

I don't expect this years game to be any different.

You must not have seen east play last year to question if they had speed.

JC4life=rosecolored glasses

I didn`t question whether East had/have speed, I question whether they had/have so much speed Jeff County won`t be able to keep up with them.

How exactly do I have rose colored glasses? JC has beaten East every year since Methuselah walked the earth, what exactly is suppose to convice me that they will be some powerhouse now?

Big deal, it's not like you had a great defense.....you will be better though...do you honestly think we lost much.

Everybody knows we have been playing soph and jr for the past 2 yrs.

Bingo!

Everyone seems to be focusing on how many underclassmen East had, well Jeff County has been starting freshmen and sophomores for years now(beating East with those freshmen and sophomore I might add) now those freshmen and sophomores are juniors and seniors, I ask again what is suppose to convince me that anything has/will change? What they East "almost" beat West, or were 1 play away from beating Jeff County? Sorry you get no points for 2nd place in a two man race. Sorry East, but if you couldn`t beat Jeff County when we posted two of worse records in school history, I won`t believe it now till I see it.

Besides Dockery, who has all of this speed. Please don't say Turner.....he is slower than your QB last year....

Jeremy Jones,Jordan Short,Dee Dee Johnson,Tavin Blanton,Joey Popaduik,etc.

Turner is slower than Ramsey but he has an arm. There are more weapons with speed. Diss East all you want and live off of past victories. This is 2007 and how many times you have beat east in the past is just that but I guess some Jeff Co. fans would rather live in the past than the present.

Edited by canefan72

Can you give the background on your head coach? He seems to be doing a good job

Hatcher was the OC at tusculum back in the mid 90's when they rolled up the yards and set school records for offense. His team last year set a school record for most yards,points in a single season. He coached college ball at cumberland and then hS ball at Trion in GA. and a school in SC but I can't remember for sure(ac flora?). He has great knowledge and has really reversed the program from how it was going. He is also a coach that would cut a stud player for behavior. I really like the guy.