jackson co. boys

senator

I like to keep up with teams around the state that have a shot at making it The Boro in March.....What is the make-up of this Jackson Co team??...What is their strength??...Do they have good size??..What makes people think they will make it to Murfreesboro and possibly win a championship??Is the competition they play in their district and region strong or not so much??

The strength to Jackson County is their overall "team" attitude. They literally have 10 players on the team that would start on any team in their district or region and most of them would start on any team in the Upper Cumberland. As for size they go 6'5, 6'4,6'3, 6'2 ,6'2 ,6'1, 6' and so on. They not only have size but they have speed at every position. JC's 4 and 5 can dribble as good or better than alot of point guards so its very tough to guard the big guys as Station Camp found out. They have a legitimate shot at going to the buro and winning it if everything falls right, however standing in their way is Pickett Co. They were picked #1 out of this district and still might very well be, even though Jackson County beat Pickett Co. at Pickett earlier this year i look for it to come down to these two teams to play for the Region Championship with the winner having a very good shot at going to the state tournament and both will have a shot although it would be very hard to go into Temple and win on the road as Clay Co. found out 3 years in a row. As for the region competition, Friendship Christian will be a tough out and so will Westmoreland so we'll just see how things go but right now the Devils are rolling but its still EARLY so we aren't going to count any chickens just yet! :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson Co is deep that's for sure, but it seems to me they have a late start turning it on...The first 2 times they played us it was close through 3 qtrs and then they just let loose and went on a 20-0 run or something liek that, and the last game they played they were only up by 10 at half time and then afterwards come out and started playing some ball...

I watched both of the games against y'all and you are right about it being close for a while. I think the reason is one JC is a team of runs and when they get going they feed of that emotion, the other reason your coach did a great job of recoginizing that and used time outs to stop the momentum, after y'all ran out of time outs then the score became more one sided.

Well the last game I was expecting it to be a 25+ game at half time because we only had 6 players and were missing our 2 best, but it was a 12 point game at half time and I was suprised that it was that close, and then after half time you all just exploded...and I didn't know if that's how most games have been for you all this year...

Edited by swanson71

JC boys are finally making believers out of people.. beating some top ranked teams such as LA, Cookeville, Pickett, Station Camp, and took Grace down to the wire and lost it with a buzzer beater.. There is a big difference in this years team compared to last.. They are incredibly deep having 10-12 players scoring night in and night out.. They are now a second half team with experience.. They know what they have to do in the 3rd and 4th quarters to put a game out of reach.. They are well conditioned (thanks to "The Ol' Ball Coach" Coach Godwin) which doesn't really matter considerin that there are 2 and 3 guys filling every position who is just as good as the other.. and I think alot of players have stepped up this year.. Loftis and Kerley got some minutes last year but weren't really considered a factor.. but this year both have stepped up in big games.. I think Dem Devil Boys gonna do alot of damage come tourney time! :lol:

Well the last game I was expecting it to be a 25+ game at half time because we only had 6 players and were missing our 2 best, but it was a 12 point game at half time and I was suprised that it was that close, and then after half time you all just exploded...and I didn't know if that's how most games have been for you all this year...

When you play 12 players in the first half of a game you aren't trying to run the score up Swaney. There was never a doubt as to who was going to win, but why try to run up the score on a team that has two of its best players out injured and playing with only 7 total players? We have more respect for Coach Owens than to do that. :lol:

When you play 12 players in the first half of a game you aren't trying to run the score up Swaney. There was never a doubt as to who was going to win, but why try to run up the score on a team that has two of its best players out injured and playing with only 7 total players? We have more respect for Coach Owens than to do that. :lol:

yeah I knew there wasn't really ever a doubt in who would win the game, and I knew you all played quiet a few players because I knew how deep you all went but I just assumed you all played about 8 or 9 all together and was shocked, but then come out and just dominated...and even in the first game it was pretty close and then you all just exploded on us...