CPA vs. David Lipscolmb

ThePenguin

Amen about the refs. This game was too fast and too loud for them to keep up and the make up calls were pretty obvious. The maturity difference of the two teams really showed. CPA had many chances in the 4th to put it away but DL kept the pressure on and created the turnovers. Good win for DL and Coach Mac.

The two back to back fouls on Mason were clean blocks tho.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: I was at this game, and officiating had a lot to do with the 'pace' of the game. If you think this one was bad, you should have seen the Pearl Cohn - David Lipscomb game last night. The refs must have called charge 15 times (on both sides of the court). I sat there watching the scouts in the stands... they never saw a true game, and finally left. I MUST SAY, when refs let things get out of control, basketetball becomes football without pads I stand by the calls of the refs in both games. These are high school boys playing BASKETBALL. Ultimately, David Lipscomb"s seniors and their poise prevailed. CPA... you were awesome. You have come a LONG way in one year. This is going to become a great rivalry. The fans won tonight... great game! :thumb:

"The refs took Z Mason out of the game in the 3rd quarter with 2 foul calls on all-ball blocks,"

The refs tend to do this to big guys.

You were up by 1 point with under two minutes in the game and this Z was in the game. What more do you want? The wheels came off your cart because of your guards and lack of experience.

Amen about the refs. This game was too fast and too loud for them to keep up and the make up calls were pretty obvious. The maturity difference of the two teams really showed. CPA had many chances in the 4th to put it away but DL kept the pressure on and created the turnovers. Good win for DL and Coach Mac.

The two back to back fouls on Mason were clean blocks tho.

"This game was too fast..."What were they 80??...DL is pretty slow...

Has anybody ever butchered the spelling of Lipscomb any worse than ThePenguin did??....

Lipscolmb??.. :D

You were up by 1 point with under two minutes in the game and this Z was in the game. What more do you want? The wheels came off your cart because of your guards and lack of experience.

Agree in a close game with little time left, a more experienced senior laden backcourt usually will pull out the win than a sophmore backcourt. Younger players tend to have more pressure on them and make mistakes. I told yall that it would come down to guard play and at the end the more experienced guard play came out victorious.

You are right, but to deny that having Z (and another starter)on the bench for about 1/2 of the 2nd half didn't make a difference is crazy. Maybe they were up by one when Z returned ( I don't rmember), but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have been up by more than that if he had played more of the 2nd half. CPA won the 3rd quarter easily and got a lead when Z was in the game, then he picked up 2 quick questionable fouls and DL started catching back up.

I agree inexperience hurt, but it wasn't the starters' inexperience, it was bench players, and DL was able to avoid getting behind a bunch in the 2nd half and keep it close because of CPA foul trouble.

With all that said, DL deserved to win. Foul trouble is part of the game and DL played good defense when it counted and hit some big shots and free throws. My only point about the officiating was it is a shame to have a great matchup like this when the best players are taken out of the game due to missed calls. But it happens all the time in BB at all levels.

David Lipscomb by 10. Slater will probably guard Mason and hold him to under 10 points. Slater is a great all around player.

Slater has the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen. He flicked the crowd off twice. DL played very well and has some great players but i was disgusted by the behavior of Slater. Also the coach of DL was a complete jerk. The game was fun to watch though and i congratulate DL on their win.

That is an interesting take on things....I was at that game and will disagree with you on both counts. The coach is a coach. He fights for his team and I have to telll you, he seems to enjoy himself a lot. What's wrong with that? Slater isn't a bad sport, the crowd at CPA was extremely hostile against him and that happens when you are good and you make things happen. It's part of the game. He comes from an outstanding family and from your screen name my guess is you are coming from a big bowl of sour grapes. This was a terrific game played by 2 really good teams. I can't wait to see them play again and I am excited to see how Z develops over the next couple of years.

I can tell you there are no sour grapes here and I actually thought Slater was one of the few DL players that did show some class. The majority of the DL players trash talked the CPA players the entire game, Slater was not one of them, maybe that was there game plan to try and intimidate a younger opponent, whatever the reason not much class as far as I am concerned.

I really can't see how DL could come out of this game feeling good about there performance. For 6 to 8 minutes of the second half CPA was playing with 1 starter on the floor and still CPA had the lead up until two minutes to go in the game. I really did not see the CPA guards getting dominated. Clayton was averaging 18 a game and was held to 7. Slater was the only DL player in double figures. The CPA point guad played the entire game and held his team together when the other starters were out.

That is an interesting take on things....I was at that game and will disagree with you on both counts. The coach is a coach. He fights for his team and I have to telll you, he seems to enjoy himself a lot. What's wrong with that? Slater isn't a bad sport, the crowd at CPA was extremely hostile against him and that happens when you are good and you make things happen. It's part of the game. He comes from an outstanding family and from your screen name my guess is you are coming from a big bowl of sour grapes. This was a terrific game played by 2 really good teams. I can't wait to see them play again and I am excited to see how Z develops over the next couple of years.

Surely you can't justify anyone flicking off the crowd. There is no excuse for that if that is what happened.

Surely you can't justify anyone flicking off the crowd. There is no excuse for that if that is what happened.

I absolutely can't justify that kind of action. My comment is simply that I was at the game and didn't see it and have a hard time believing it happened. You see and hear a lot of things you wish you dind't when you have kids on the floor, and in this case I think it's something that didn't happen. I hate to hear that kids are trash talking each other, but know that it happens on both sides. It would be nice if there could be a way to avoid it. Players are best served to not acknowledge the crowd. You can't win.