Independence Coaching Search

donathan5507

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was going to say in the centennial thread but i was reading this one already, and seems like most of the same people are in both threads...

next month or so is going to very interesting, now that smith is gone thats one more school on the market for a coach. i will say this centennial has their guy and thats a fact, who it is i dont know. if the indy job will apeal to him more than CHS i dont know...

regardless in the next month might be more interesting than actual football season with coaches moving about in the county. atleast one more school other than indy, and cent, will looking for coach before before spring practice begin.

and best of luck to Indy. in their search, you all have a great program already installed and the new coach should have trouble putting you guys in the playoff hunt again.

Coaches don't have to teach in Williamson County, but if they are not teachers, they cannot be employed by the school system in any other capacity. Chad falls under the category of "classified employee"--in other words, he isn't a teacher but he's still paid by WCS. It has to do with Coach stipends and time and a half and stuff like that. They made this shakeup a few years ago and it affected several schools, namely Page's championship volleyball coach leaving to go to BGA so she could maintain her position as an elementary librarian.

But the head coach isn't required to be a teacher--it's just very uncommon at public schools, mainly because the schools want a person that can do both.

Edited by donathan5507

This is a program that is on the rise. What are the coaching stipends at this school? Are there any big boosters that provide extra for the coach?

Don't have alot of info, but it is a pretty well supported school athletic wise. Their principal is not really athletic savvy, but they have a pretty good program. Probably aren't that many boosters yet, but if you're hungry, Zac Cordell can get you hamburgers at a discount price.

Edited by CHS 2007

Guest footballprincess

AAAANNNNDDDDD....why would he want to be? He would have to live through the ghost of Gregory's accomplishments. That is too much torment for anyone to bear.

now, now, now - bashing of Coach Gregory should be over with by now! He did take CHS to the playoffs twice during his tenure which is an accomplishment in anyone's book! :thumb:

I wonder if a coach like Crawford or Rector would leave their current jobs to come to Indy. The school's facilities are great and the program is without question on the way up.

I am sure the facitlities are state of the art but is the reason its "without question going up" because it has no other way to go? I am not on the band wagon that Indy is a team that has earned the respect from the rest of the region yet. One win from a winning team (franklin) isn't enough. There is much hard work to complete here before you call yourself a team to be reckoned with. I don't think anyone in the region fears you yet. When that happens you will have arrived. That being said I think it makes perfect since for a quality coach like Rector or Crawford to find it appealing to go to this school. To take a team that hasn't risen up yet to a winning program would be totally their doing. Rector would have the respect of doing it back to back what a feather that would be. Everybody got so excited because of how many games Indy won back to back but they were wins from school with a losing record ( with the exception of Franklin which was impressive I will give them that but remember "any given friday night" anything can happen and did) and their strenght of schedule proves it. I am not down on Indy I am just saying they have a lot of work ahead of them and I doubt they are going to duplicate what Ravenwood did no matter who is coaching them even if its Rector.

Trust me - he was offerred the CHS job - know for a fact!

FBPrincess,

In your post you said "Scott Smith told his team yesterday that Centennial offerred him the job, but he chose Science Hill." By team if you are referring to the player's meeting, he did not tell them this. Whether it in fact is true or not I don't know or care, but he did not tell the players.

This is a program that is on the rise. What are the coaching stipends at this school? Are there any big boosters that provide extra for the coach?

I don't think they can pay the Fulmer money for a big time coach like you. ;)

How about subscription to CoachT? I bet you Fulmer don't have one of them included in his contract. He is missing out on all the good inside talk and rumors about the Tennessee schools and athletes.

If the subscription to CoachT won't do, how about each of the school supporters join the Coach Slick Rick fan club. :lol: At $20 per pop x 1500 students, the $30K would only be a drop in the bucket. Is it enough to get a big time coach like you? If not, once Coach Slick Rick is establish at the high school and bringing home the gold ball, the subscription rate can double each year as part of the deal to stay on as Head Coach. After five years, $320K doesn't sound half bad to me but maybe not for the grand old ball Coach Slick Rick. :D