Santa Fe @ Moore Co.

utladyvols18

HA!!! and moore county has some of the cleanest and most respectful players in tennessee right? hahaha thank you for the good laugh, if you want to play this game others can do it too lynchmob, 10 from MC threw some <b>PUNCHES</b> not just elbows, punches, and how exactly do you throw a forearm may i ask? i really do not believe that that is physically possible to "throw your forearm"..they dont make them too smart up there in moore county do they? 20 might have kicked one of your players but i doubt it was completely intentional,it was more than likely an accident, because i cant see 20 going up and kicking someone like shes doing goalkick..oh and lynchmob, since you think that you can throw your forearm let me explain to you what a goalkick is..in soccer they set the ball on a line and the goalie runs up and kicks it..you do know what a goalie is correct? or do i need to explain that one to you? and you cannot honestly sit there and tell me that you have never gotten angry after a game and didnt shake everyones hands, 20 did shake some hands there was just a couple she didnt want to, and im sure we are all guilty of doing that at one time or another.

Looks like we got a couple of poor losers! Yea...blame it on the refs...the fact is #32 got shut down and she is their entire team.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, let me just say that it actually was worst game i have ever seen in my life. I have played ball in high school and college and I know that many times people say it was the refs and it is just frustration at how they themselves played. However there was no way SF could have won that game in MC. Not only was SF limited by players as they always are and deal with it fine, but they had to put up with comments from the refs to the players. At one point MC actually dribbled out of bounds and nothing was called. #10 from MC has absolutely nothing to smile about. She at one point was actually wrapped around a SF players leg and when the ref turned around he called it on black #10, who was no where around the play. I myself am writing a letter with these 3 refs name to the TSSAA. One ref even started making comments to the SF crowd such as you better shut up or i will start making bad calls. SF had 3 starters foul out. The point spread that MC won by was in free throws. If the playing field had been level it would have been a better game. I am not saying that SF would have won, who knows. But MC can not in any way feel good about the victory. AS far as the comments about #20. I thought she and her team mates did a very good job at congratulating any of the MC team. #10 and #25 were extremely bad sports At one point #10 actually elbowed a SF player in the face and nothing was called. It is very discouraging when you feel there is absolutely nothing you can do to change the outome of the game. SF hold your heads high. This game was filmed and i hope SF sends a copy in to the TSSAA. MC should be ashamed and so should the TSSAA for having such pathetic representatives. If I were SF i would refuse to play at MC in the future

Camper...you weren't at the same game I was at and if you were you certainly don't have a clue at what you saw. Yea...blame it on the refs...that's what you need to do when your team get's whipped!

OK I was at the game....

Santa Fe played awful in the 1st quarter and never really could comeback...

About the dirty play thing, it went both ways..all the players, it was very physical game...

About the referees, its never good when the referee is talking to the crowd during the game, they need to focus on the game and not the fans...#10 is a great ball player, but she has some flaws like every other player....The refs were bad both ways, they should have called the game close to start with or let them play the entire game....

Just my opinions...

Good win for Moore CO. :thumb:

OK I was at the game....

Santa Fe played awful in the 1st quarter and never really could comeback...

About the dirty play thing, it went both ways..all the players, it was very physical game...

About the referees, its never good when the referee is talking to the crowd during the game, they need to focus on the game and not the fans...#10 is a great ball player, but she has some flaws like every other player....The refs were bad both ways, they should have called the game close to start with or let them play the entire game....

Just my opinions...

Good win for Moore CO. :thumb:

Check the book there were probly over 50 fouls called in the game. SF continued to foul in the last 2 min even though they were behind by 20.

I was not at this game, however, I have a comment about the play I have seen over the last couple years and a comment on refereeing.

I love hard play, but it is getting crazy when you can knock someone down and take the ball without a call being made. Red Boling Springs' player, Leonard, was basically beat to crap last year in one game and very little was called. Glidden from our team has taken what I feel was a deliberate beating on the floor. Very often no call is made. Neither girl quit and are better players for it. At one of our games the last 2 weeks, the other team deliberately hit our girls trying to hurt them. Only after I yelled at the refs did a call get made. One girl we played this year would throw elbows at your head when you would try to guard her. This junk needs to be called. Hard play has its place. Blocking out is one example. I very rarely see a girl put her butt on someone and back them up. That is blocking out and an example when hard play is justified. Why do you think Forrest is successful most of the time? They have learned when the hard tough play is needed, as in blocking out, and when finesse in needed, as basketball is suppose to be most of the time. That is good coaching. Letting your player throw elbows and take cheap shots reflect a lack of class by the coach.

I guess what I am saying is someone needs to get a hold on the officials and tell them that if someone is obviously trying to hurt another player, that action needs to be taken. This is a game and I understand that accidents will happen. But if we can see the deliberate attempts to injury from the stands, the refs can see it from the floor. Start calling it. If you want to let the ticky tack fouls go, fine, just do it for both teams. I think I may become an official to show them how to take pride in a job.

By the way, we have played both Moore County and Santa Fe. Both played hard on the floor, but I did not see any cheap shots I can remember. #10 and #25 from Moore County knocked us down going after balls, just as we did. They then extended their hand in sportsmanship to help the girl up, as we did. Santa Fe’s girls showed as much class as any team I have seen. Even after losing a hard fought game, their girls showed class. I was very impressed with their politeness after the game. They fought hard on the floor, and acted like young ladies off the floor.

If things did get out of hand during the Santa Fe/Moore County game, I blame the referees. Call what needs to be called while letting the girls decide the game. If an elbow is thrown, one call by the refs will prevent a second one from being thrown. The referees are suppose to be in charge, then take charge.

Edited by jamieroper

I was not at this game, however, I have a comment about the play I have seen over the last couple years and a comment on refereeing.

I love hard play, but it is getting crazy when you can knock someone down and take the ball without a call being made. Red Boling Springs' player, Leonard, was basically beat to crap last year in one game and very little was called. Glidden from our team has taken what I feel was a deliberate beating on the floor. Very often no call is made. Neither girl quit and are better players for it. At one of our games the last 2 weeks, the other team deliberately hit our girls trying to hurt them. Only after I yelled at the refs did a call get made. One girl we played this year would throw elbows at your head when you would try to guard her. This junk needs to be called. Hard play has its place. Blocking out is one example. I very rarely see a girl put her butt on someone and back them up. That is blocking out and an example when hard play is justified. Why do you think Forrest is successful most of the time? They have learned when the hard tough play is needed, as in blocking out, and when finesse in needed, as basketball is suppose to be most of the time. That is good coaching. Letting your player throw elbows and take cheap shots reflect a lack of class by the coach.

I guess what I am saying is someone needs to get a hold on the officials and tell them that if someone is obviously trying to hurt another player, that action needs to be taken. This is a game and I understand that accidents will happen. But if we can see the deliberate attempts to injury from the stands, the refs can see it from the floor. Start calling it. If you want to let the ticky tack fouls go, fine, just do it for both teams. I think I may become an official to show them how to take pride in a job.

By the way, we have played both Moore County and Santa Fe. Both played hard on the floor, but I did not see any cheap shots I can remember. #10 and #25 from Moore County knocked us down going after balls, just as we did. They then extended their hand in sportsmanship to help the girl up, as we did. Santa Fe’s girls showed as much class as any team I have seen. Even after losing a hard fought game, their girls showed class. I was very impressed with their politeness after the game. They fought hard on the floor, and acted like young ladies off the floor.

If things did get out of hand during the Santa Fe/Moore County game, I blame the referees. Call what needs to be called while letting the girls decide the game. If an elbow is thrown, one call by the refs will prevent a second one from being thrown. The referees are suppose to be in charge, then take charge.

Well said Jamie... :rolleyes:

I was at the game and the fact is I did not care who won so I can give a non bias opinion. Of course the reffing was one-sided they were playing in Moore County were'nt they?

Truth be told i did not see it it being THAT one-sided. What I saw was a frustrated team, coach and fans because M.C. was putting some major pressure on the ball at all times.

BTW. Mr. Northcutt is one of the best officials in the state and he did not say that he was going to start making bad calls he said I am going to start throwing some folks out of here if they dont get off the refs. (I was sitting almost directly behind the scores table and heard every word.

As for throwing a forearm it is very possible.

As for not shaking hands I have coached for 10 years and have always shaken every hand of every player and coach that my teams have competed against win or lose. That is sportsmanship and class. Maybe you are not familiar with it.

As for not scheduling Moore County in the future that would be impossible since they are in the same district. Another showing off his lack of information.

Santa Fe showed their class last year when they came to MC when a boys player cussed fans and flipped them off.

It just seems to me they just don't like losing to us very much. But that is the same old song we are used to.

It is a shame that the teams can't compete hard and shake hands afterwards and congratulate the winner no matter who it may be. We had a hard fought game at SF which we lost in overtime but everyone shook hands and congratulated SF after their win. It just seems to me that SF has a problem with that part if they are the losing team.

I was at the game and the fact is I did not care who won so I can give a non bias opinion. Of course the reffing was one-sided they were playing in Moore County were'nt they?

Truth be told i did not see it it being THAT one-sided. What I saw was a frustrated team, coach and fans because M.C. was putting some major pressure on the ball at all times.

BTW. Mr. Northcutt is one of the best officials in the state and he did not say that he was going to start making bad calls he said I am going to start throwing some folks out of here if they dont get off the refs. (I was sitting almost directly behind the scores table and heard every word.

Was Mr.Northcutt the big man???

I was seating behind the scores table as well, and he said loud enough for everyone to hear"they better leave me alone while im over here"...