Summertown @ Forrest

auntkim

Aunt Kim, Three of last years Seniors were in the stands last night supporting the Lady Rockets. As hard as they worked they had never had a win against Summertown. When the game ended Gabby pointed to them in the stands and told them this one is for you. The tears rolled and that is why they have a gold ball in the case. Talent only gets you so far then it goes to how far down you will reach inside yourself when your spent and can't get enough air and hurt all over. And you do it for your teammates,your family and the fans then yourself. There are several good teams going for the Gold Ball and all of them are good enough to win. It's the team that works and wants it that will win it. Just look at the St. Louis Cardinals and the Florida Gators. The talking heads said neither had a chance but both won the big one and won big.

Go Lady Rockets!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ballfan @ Jan 14 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826331530[/snapback]

Why did the girl quit the team?

To sum it all up, stowns coach is ummm yea.... Others girl have threatened to quit but havent been brave enough, emily didn't want to put up with the crap anymore. As long as they're winning(summertown) the parents don't care how the coach or coaches treat their daughters. I know if I had a daughter she wouldn't be there.

QUOTE(rebel100 @ Jan 14 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826331718[/snapback]

To sum it all up, stowns coach is ummm yea.... Others girl have threatened to quit but havent been brave enough, emily didn't want to put up with the crap anymore. As long as they're winning(summertown) the parents don't care how the coach or coaches treat their daughters. I know if I had a daughter she wouldn't be there.

Heard the story last night and wow. The coach would say the player quit but from what was said I wouldn't blame her. You can push people just so much till someone will stand up to it.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 14 2007 - 07:22 PM) 826331912[/snapback]

There is a fine line between tough coaching and abusive behavior. Many coaches step over the line and nothing is done. Until we start realizing that it is about the kids, not the wins and losses, abusive coaches will continue to be abusive. I can get girls to give me 100% without ever raising my voice. It is called leadership. Far too many coaches don’t have it and do not understand it. Leadership is supposed to be synonymous with other words such as teacher and coach.

I heard a coach at the Lauderdale Christmas Tourney use ######, MF, ######, F, and many other bad words toward his player and nothing was done. Apparently this is accepted behavior some places. It is sad when it occurs.

After I posted this, coacht blocked out the initials I used. Just think of every bad word you can thank of.

This is apparently the situation at summertown, unfortunately.

QUOTE(rebel100 @ Jan 14 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826332114[/snapback]

Oh cry me a river

Summertown coach will adjust to the absense of "M" do not ever think they are done.

Forrest could never make the same ajustment if say Gaby quit, so don't get tooooo happy with your tear jerking soap opera, pointing in the stands win.

QUOTE(scoresandstats @ Jan 14 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826332118[/snapback]

Oh cry me a river

Summertown coach will adjust to the absense of "M" do not ever think they are done.

Forrest could never make the same ajustment if say Gaby quit, so don't get tooooo happy with your tear jerking soap opera, pointing in the stands win.

No one said anything about Summertown being done, as a matter of fact Summertown has gotten nothing but well deserved praise for their play.....and just as a side note Gaby missed about half of the game last night with foul trouble and we still won, sure glad you were there though Gaby .........and we will STILL be bappy about our tear jerking soap opera pointing in the stands win......Kinda works for us like when the lights go down in the Summertown gym and the spotlight comes on and the girls are introduced with dramatic flair......this win meant a lot for them , be a good sport and let them enjoy it. I wish Summertown the best of luck with the rest of their season.....GO LADY ROCKETS !!!!!!!

Oh cry me a river

Didn't get to see this one but listened to it on the internet. Sounded like the girl that took over this game early was Summer Wagoner. I've seen Forrest play several times this year and they appear to have three strong lines to put in. They are very deep and will be a force for a while to come. I've seen them sub 3 or 4 players at a time and not miss a beat so your comment that Forrest could not make the same adjustment is just plain stupid. Poo Pooing the emotional impact of that game to the players and former State Championship players is the sign of a jerk. Of course someone has to be a jerk so your elected. The Summertown game mean't nothing in the standings but it mean't the world to the players and former players. Forrest could win the gold ball again, and so could Summertown. Go cry your own river.

QUOTE(rebel100 @ Jan 14 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826332114[/snapback]

I hope you did not take what I said as if it was the coach at Summertown I heard cussing his players. He was not that coach. Summertown was not at the Lauderdale County Christmas Tourney. It was an Alabama coach.

As far as Summertown being done, DO NOT COUNT ON IT. They will respond appropreiately.

Come on guys...players quit all the time. I know Emmy and Coach Willard very well and because Emmy is a high caliber player it is automatically the coaches fault. I played for this guy for my high school career...and he is an old school coach. He believes in yelling and all that stuff that is frowned upon today. The bottom line is, Emmy's decision to quit does not automatically mean that the guy is a terrible coach, bad person, or poor mentor. I mean look at some of your post last year, some of you that are commenting on the subject this time around, were hailing him as coach of the year this time last year.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 15 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826332346[/snapback]

I hope you did not take what I said as if it was the coach at Summertown I heard cussing his players. He was not that coach. Summertown was not at the Lauderdale County Christmas Tourney. It was an Alabama coach.

As far as Summertown being done, DO NOT COUNT ON IT. They will respond appropreiately.

I understood you weren't talking about the coach at summertown, and Summertown is still going strong and will most likely continue too.

Oh cry me a river

Idiots like you never cease to amaze me. You hide behind a made up name and say things you would never say if your name was attached. One thing to be known as the scoresandstats idiot another to be known by everyone for what you really are a shallow man with no clue about High School Girl Sports. Go to any Forrest game ask around who Jmoses is they will point me out. I've never printed a word in CoachT that I'm ashamed of. You...............?

Go Lady Rockets