Summertown @ Forrest

auntkim

QUOTE(ladyeagle @ Jan 15 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826332390[/snapback]

Come on guys...players quit all the time. I know Emmy and Coach Willard very well and because Emmy is a high caliber player it is automatically the coaches fault. I played for this guy for my high school career...and he is an old school coach. He believes in yelling and all that stuff that is frowned upon today. The bottom line is, Emmy's decision to quit does not automatically mean that the guy is a terrible coach, bad person, or poor mentor. I mean look at some of your post last year, some of you that are commenting on the subject this time around, were hailing him as coach of the year this time last year.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It seems these days that no one wants to take responsibility for anything. If things get rough or go wrong, it's automatically someone else's fault, usually the coach's. But when things are fine and dandy, it's due to the excellent skills of all the players, not the coach..who does infact COACH, LEAD, and TEACH them. It almost takes the whole point out of sports when parents/fans baby the players and get offended when their kid isn't being treated as the star.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ladyeagle @ Jan 15 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826332390[/snapback]

Come on guys...players quit all the time. I know Emmy and Coach Willard very well and because Emmy is a high caliber player it is automatically the coaches fault. I played for this guy for my high school career...and he is an old school coach. He believes in yelling and all that stuff that is frowned upon today. The bottom line is, Emmy's decision to quit does not automatically mean that the guy is a terrible coach, bad person, or poor mentor. I mean look at some of your post last year, some of you that are commenting on the subject this time around, were hailing him as coach of the year this time last year.

With the talent he has had since he took over, any coach in the area could have done just as well, --some better.