Sullivan Central defeats Science Hill

brock20

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 18 2007 - 07:25 AM) 826335952[/snapback]

I think it is time to let this die. Omar committed an error in judgement and I would imagine if he had it to do over again, he might have reacted differently. The fact that video of the incident has been posted on Youtube is not helping. Central had a big win over Science Hill. Why cheapen that win by taking shots at Wattad. Obviously, rubbing salt into this kid's wounds is what "fuels your fire". I am starting to understand why its so hard for "people like us" to give Central any respect...you have none for anyone else. If you beat DB on Friday, try and do it with class and then maybe you won't have to whine for another week about getting no respect.

the fact that he lied and said what he said is what got this started, i did not see any central fans get on here and brag or rub salt into Omars wounds.. he made the statement that was not true and as central fans we was not going to sit back and let him lie like that, he tried to cheapen our victory.... I dont care if you respect central or not, all you talk about is Wiggins and Omar anyway you dont even give any other player around east tenn. any respect... When greeneville wins a game all you can do is talk about Wiggins, the only time you say anything about any other player on greenevilles team is when you have to defend them from being a one man team!!!! you need to keep your nose in the I.MAC. and not worry abouy what is going on in the big 9....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bballfan99 @ Jan 19 2007 - 07:19 AM) 826337332[/snapback]

the fact that he lied and said what he said is what got this started, i did not see any central fans get on here and brag or rub salt into Omars wounds.. he made the statement that was not true and as central fans we was not going to sit back and let him lie like that, he tried to cheapen our victory.... I dont care if you respect central or not, all you talk about is Wiggins and Omar anyway you dont even give any other player around east tenn. any respect... When greeneville wins a game all you can do is talk about Wiggins, the only time you say anything about any other player on greenevilles team is when you have to defend them from being a one man team!!!! you need to keep your nose in the I.MAC. and not worry abouy what is going on in the big 9....

This is precisely what I am talking about...now you are attacking me for absolutely no reason. The post you replied to said nothing about Greeneville. Tone down your testosterone a bit and get out of attack mode. Central got a big win...bringing up the whole Omar thing takes the spotlight away from that.The only thing cheapening their victory is you. Let it go...never mind who started it, take the high road and end it.

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 18 2007 - 04:29 PM) 826336688[/snapback]

Geez Cap, what does a coach have to do to impress you? 32 yrs, 706 wins 3 trips to the boro in the last 6 years and a good chance at another. He has coached in college and in the olympics. I would think there are a lot of coaches out there who would love to have a career average 22 wins per season. I think maybe your standards are a bit high.

Have you seen George Pitts’ r?sum?’? NOW THAT IMPRESSES ME!!!! Need I say more????

QUOTE(hessforprez @ Jan 18 2007 - 06:10 PM) 826336762[/snapback]

Good post Cap. But I also think we are overestimating their talent. Central played a 2-3, and no one could step up and knock a shot down.

Science Hill starts three sophomores and plays six in their normal rotation. Believe me the talent is there…Cutlip just needs to figure out how to put the pieces of the puzzle together. If we are having this same conversation this time next year, I will really be surprised.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826337592[/snapback]

Science Hill starts three sophomores and plays six in their normal rotation. Believe me the talent is there…Cutlip just needs to figure out how to put the pieces of the puzzle together. If we are having this same conversation this time next year, I will really be surprised.

This conversation wont happen next year. WHY?

No Wattad so science hill will have to create scoring out of no where

No half court defense... yes they can press, but they coulnd't guard a chair in the half court

If Cutlip is still struggling with figuring things out at this time next year. He won't be around much longer after that..... this is not just an opinion it is a popular consensus amongst the fans, players, and even the Athletic director has mentioned his distaste for Cutlips style of coaching. If they can't put it together with a great player on the squad, you think they will be better with less talent... i doubt it.

That athletic director wasn't complaining when his kid was starting point a few years back. The bottom line is and I am sure no one will agree but they don't have the talent they had when Pitts was here or for that matter the first couple of years of Poe. Other than Wattad you name me who could match up with the Williams boys, Johnson boys, Loves, Nookie, Fields, Goulds, Harmon, Stevens, Odarius,Sterbenz and I am sure I left a couple very good ones off. Need I say more the players now are just not there in groves like they once where. The other thing about the almighty press. 20 years ago when Pitts came he took very good athletes and changed high school basketball in East TN. Now every team tries to push the ball and the topper press doesn't produce 25 turnovers a game like it once did. Finally after 20 years other teams figured out how to break it. The last thing go speak to some old heads like Herb and Bart and the will tell you the kids today are not in Carver and Legion everytime you look around like they once where. All this put together adds up to they will always be better than most but another run like th 90's most likely won't be coming anytime soon. All this being said I am not saying the Coach is the greatest by no means but he by far isn't the only problem.

QUOTE(OldDoc08 @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826337660[/snapback]

That athletic director wasn't complaining when his kid was starting point a few years back. The bottom line is and I am sure no one will agree but they don't have the talent they had when Pitts was here or for that matter the first couple of years of Poe. Other than Wattad you name me who could match up with the Williams boys, Johnson boys, Loves, Nookie, Fields, Goulds, Harmon, Stevens, Odarius,Sterbenz and I am sure I left a couple very good ones off. Need I say more the players now are just not there in groves like they once where. The other thing about the almighty press. 20 years ago when Pitts came he took very good athletes and changed high school basketball in East TN. Now every team tries to push the ball and the topper press doesn't produce 25 turnovers a game like it once did. Finally after 20 years other teams figured out how to break it. The last thing go speak to some old heads like Herb and Bart and the will tell you the kids today are not in Carver and Legion everytime you look around like they once where. All this put together adds up to they will always be better than most but another run like th 90's most likely won't be coming anytime soon. All this being said I am not saying the Coach is the greatest by no means but he by far isn't the only problem.

all this is true, and i don't think it contradicts anything ive said.

I said they need to improve half court defense.. which is in line with your statement that the press doesnt work.

I said they'll need to find scoring... which falls in line with your statement that besides Wattad name one person who can hang with the likes of Jovann...etc.

I also said the coach is in need of motivating the players better.

Why do you think they dont go to Legion and Carver like in the past?

Answer: they dont care to win for a coach who they don't want to play for.

Do you think, Pitts or not, they would act so apathetic under mike poe?

I don't think so.. guys don't go to the gym because the system and the coach dont provide incentive for them to do so.....

that is why only truely talented players (like Wattad) who desire more than what SHHS can provide are the only ones that do well under a coach like cutlip. Omar goes to Legion and Carver almost everyday. Not only could he hang with the like of Jovann, Shane and rob, or Demetric... he ACTUALLY DOES (they play at least once a week together)... so yes the other guys are not as motivated but why would you be when you know your coach doesn't care about winning, he cares more about controlling players.

And yes... the AD WAS COMPLAINING when his son was starting he just WASNT the AD at the time.

QUOTE(OldDoc08 @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826337660[/snapback]

All I can say to that post is QUIT CRYING!!!!!!!!!!! Most schools and coaches would kill to have half the athleticism the Hill brings to ANY contest…football, basketball, tennis, and the list could go on. Comparing these kids to the “old heads” you referred to is like comparing WILT CAMBERLAND to Jordan to Kobe to LaBron. Whoever was the man in your generation will always be the man in your heart. And yes there have been changes through the generations but not all of them aren’t bad. You are right…these kids aren’t at Carver every evening as they were back in the day, but they aren’t on the street smoken weed with their 40 in hand either.

No disrespect to Coach Cutlip but Pitts would take this team to the Big Dance this year. If you have seen what he’s done with this King Collage team of renegades you would agree!!!