Karns Rumors

Oak Ridger

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cactus Jack @ Jan 28 2007 - 08:41 AM) 826349028[/snapback]

I think either Ron Gray or Jeff Minor would make a good coach for Karns, if indeed they have applied and are interested. In my opinion, both are good guys, and good football coaches. Karns would be OK with either.

I think Gray my have a little more experience then Minor. So, it depends on if Karns want a younger coach or experience coach.

QUOTE(NickOrlando @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826350230[/snapback]

What High School back stabbing I mean head coaching experience does Gray have? I believe it's none.

Well I do believe Gray used to be head coach at Jefferson Middle School, High School Head Freshman coach, Juinor Varsity Head Coach, Assistant Varsity Head Coach, Offensive Line coach, and Offensive Coordinator. He aslo coached at Bearden High School. Nick are you even from Oak Ridge? It seem like most fans at least know the coaches for their team. I really didn't get the back stabbing part. Is that a inside joke or something. I like to talk about football not personal blows here.

QUOTE(SirPettus @ Jan 29 2007 - 12:08 PM) 826350248[/snapback]

Well I do believe Gray used to be head coach at Jefferson Middle School, High School Head Freshman coach, Juinor Varsity Head Coach, Assistant Varsity Head Coach, Offensive Line coach, and Offensive Coordinator. He aslo coached at Bearden High School. Nick are you even from Oak Ridge? It seem like most fans at least know the coaches for their team. I really didn't get the back stabbing part. Is that a inside joke or something. I like to talk about football not personal blows here.

I do know the coaches at Oak Ridge and I know that coach Gray is not one anymore and there is a reason why isn't. Like I said before, if coach Gray is such a good coach why is he not coaching anywhere?

QUOTE(NickOrlando @ Jan 29 2007 - 02:21 PM) 826350412[/snapback]

I do know the coaches at Oak Ridge and I know that coach Gray is not one anymore and there is a reason why isn't. Like I said before, if coach Gray is such a good coach why is he not coaching anywhere?

You are right Nick. That is a good question. Where could we find that at?

Heck, I like the question...when you are looking for the answer go ahead and find out about Madden, Shula, Parcells, Young, Stallings, etc.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(NickOrlando @ Jan 29 2007 - 02:21 PM) 826350412[/snapback]

Just an honest question, why would coach gray take the position at Karns over the position at Bearden that he was offered last year? Not bashing karns, I have nieces and nephews who will be students there so I want them to do well. It just seemed that it would be easier to win at Bearden going on the traditions of each program.

I guess it's kinda like getting married......the pretty girl is not always the one you click with and can spend you life with. There has to be mutual trust, respect, and admiration to make a marriage work and I'm guessing some of that in your job as a coach. Not a supporter or detractor of Ron, just giving my feelings. Good luck to karns in hiring a great coach although I think it will be a tough job just dealing with some of the kooks in charge.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(akula21 @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826351024[/snapback]

Just an honest question, why would coach gray take the position at Karns over the position at Bearden that he was offered last year? Not bashing karns, I have nieces and nephews who will be students there so I want them to do well. It just seemed that it would be easier to win at Bearden going on the traditions of each program.

QUOTE(Ole Dad @ Jan 30 2007 - 07:46 AM) 826351341[/snapback]

I guess it's kinda like getting married......the pretty girl is not always the one you click with and can spend you life with. There has to be mutual trust, respect, and admiration to make a marriage work and I'm guessing some of that in your job as a coach. Not a supporter or detractor of Ron, just giving my feelings. Good luck to karns in hiring a great coach although I think it will be a tough job just dealing with some of the kooks in charge.

Ole Dad

You are right we do not know what is the problem. Gray's offensive holds most of the records at the high school. Nick needs to look it up.