Karns Rumors

Oak Ridger

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that Robert did not want to coach a JV schedule at Stone Memorial.

I'm sure he will feel strangely at home at Karns, since it has exactly the same floor-plan as WBHS. Every time I go inside that school it is just strange to know where everything is yet I have never taught there.

I wonder if the new Knox County HS (Hardin Valley High) will play just a JV schedule in 2008?

I can already here the jokes about Hardin Valley ... like a new version of the Harper Valley PTA song.

When will Karns have spring drills???

QUOTE(5743 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826412678[/snapback]I'm guessing that Robert did not want to coach a JV schedule at Stone Memorial.

I'm sure he will feel strangely at home at Karns, since it has exactly the same floor-plan as WBHS. Every time I go inside that school it is just strange to know where everything is yet I have never taught there.

I wonder if the new Knox County HS (Hardin Valley High) will play just a JV schedule in 2008?

I can already here the jokes about Hardin Valley ... like a new version of the Harper Valley PTA song.

Hardin Valley has a built in fight song...

QUOTE(5743 @ Mar 15 2007 - 08:10 AM) 826412678[/snapback]I'm guessing that Robert did not want to coach a JV schedule at Stone Memorial.

Karns hasn't announced their spring schedule yet. We'll see what Coach Reeves wants to do. Karns has been having a 6-8AM winter workout 3 times a week since January 1. They obviously need a lot of help in other ways but hopefully the new Coach will see the beginning of the type of work ethic he's interested in.

I hadn't thought of Harper Valley PTA as the fight song for HARDin Valley.

The possibilities for jokes are just endless. I'll be shocked if HVHS doesn't get some other name stuck on it by fall of '08.

Drove by the site the other day... man those expensive sub-divisions are really close to the school. From what they have built so far it looks as if the

football field might be next to the elementary school.

Traffic is going to be a mess around that place.

As the crow flies that school can't be more than 3 miles from KHS. Got to be the 2 closest Public HS in Knoxville.

Just thought of someone they could name it after... William Jefferson Clinton-- then they could have the blue dress and a cigar as their mascot.