Tornado Duals

pantheon

Takedown,

I completely understand your question. Based on what I know, neither BA nor Carlos are breaking any TSSAA rule by wrestling a varsity match. Since his middle school season is already complete, he will not be competing on that level again this year. If his season were not over, he could wrestle varsity, but he would have been prohibited from wrestling another middle school match. Also, by he will not be able to compete any any other outside tournaments if he continues to wrestle for the high school, until the BA season is over, then he will be eligible to wrestle in any national tournament at his age level. Again, this is completely my interpretation.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bewhoyouis @ Jan 18 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826336274[/snapback]

Takedown,

I completely understand your question. Based on what I know, neither BA nor Carlos are breaking any TSSAA rule by wrestling a varsity match. Since his middle school season is already complete, he will not be competing on that level again this year. If his season were not over, he could wrestle varsity, but he would have been prohibited from wrestling another middle school match. Also, by he will not be able to compete any any other outside tournaments if he continues to wrestle for the high school, until the BA season is over, then he will be eligible to wrestle in any national tournament at his age level. Again, this is completely my interpretation.

Thank you for answering my question. This kinda clears things up for me. Maybe

QUOTE(rcpatriot @ Jan 18 2007 - 10:12 AM) 826336118[/snapback]

Limi,

If your going to give credit to the team, give credit to all the team members that wrestled in this tournament. This was an outstanding team effort and your post above gives the implication that those not listed are not recognized as "some of the best in the state". Remember, kids look at CoachT also and when they see team members listed, and their name isn't on that list, they feel as though they aren't worthy or part of the success.

I apologize if I have hurt anyone by not listing their names when I talked about team tennessee/praetorian. These are simply the ones whos names I know. Much of the team is from the Knoxville area and I myself am from Williamson Co. If I ever get my hands on a list of who went I will start sharing everyones name. I just tried my best to remember who was there to give everyone an idea of the talent.

QUOTE(Lucas is my idol @ Jan 18 2007 - 12:14 PM) 826336352[/snapback]

I apologize if I have hurt anyone by not listing their names when I talked about team tennessee/praetorian. These are simply the ones whos names I know. Much of the team is from the Knoxville area and I myself am from Williamson Co. If I ever get my hands on a list of who went I will start sharing everyones name. I just tried my best to remember who was there to give everyone an idea of the talent.

I understand.

Thanks!

QUOTE(LouWho @ Jan 17 2007 - 06:58 PM) 826335410[/snapback]

Maybe you show up for some of the tournaments that the kids who are on the team are scheduled wrestle. If you beat the kids who everyone claims are representing the particular weight classes, then I'm sure team TN would want you.

Then everyone could quit complaining.

What Tournaments? Are you referring to National events? Not all schools have middle school wrestling programs.

QUOTE(takeyoudown @ Jan 18 2007 - 01:41 PM) 826336490[/snapback]

What Tournaments? Are you referring to National events? Not all schools have middle school wrestling programs.

And... not all schools are large enough to have enough kids to fill a team. So I think Pinstaff has stepped up to give wrestlers (including his son) the opportunity to be competitive. However, most of the tournaments (sonic, harpeth, Indian, Dixie) have allowed kids unattached to compete. If you want to be included instead of complaining, try spending as much time researching your options as you do complaining. I guess this forum would not exist if that happened????

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(rcpatriot @ Jan 16 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826333543[/snapback]

matbrat5, I'm not aware of the rule you have mentioned, but would find it awfully hard for that to be policed. Based on what you are saying, if a kid lives in Farragut, goes to a MS in Farragut that has an AAU wrestling program, he's not allowed to wrestle for another AAU program other than Farraguts? TNAAU hasn't established "zones" and I doubt that they'll want to go to that extent.

Personally, I've only allowed my son to wrestle in tournaments with this team because our local team wasn't a true "dual" team and wanted him to get the best competition and as much competition as he could. If that is wrong, I quess I'll be wrong. I think you understand that and can appreciate the fact that I'm trying to help my son be better prepared for his freshman year.

I totally understand and appreciate the fact that your tryng to help your son be better prepared for high school...I also have a son who wrestled with "Team Tennessee" in 4th grade...we were misled to thinking that they were truly taking winners from the state tournament and compiling a team to compete..from Tennessee...against other states in the elementary national duals. Over the years since, I have discovered...Its all about building an elite team...which is all fine and dandy...in my personal opinion? I think we should separate the dual teams(true middle school teams) and club or private schools...is it really fair to put these public schools...with no funding, paid coaches, etc...up against "elite" teams? There have been many exceptional kids come out of public school programs...and by supporting the "club" programs...are we not depriving the rest of the children in our communities...our less economically fortunate kids but just as talented...the opportunity of wrestling under just as "good as" or "better" coaches? I say send your child to wrestle in their community school...put your money into...find good coaches and let it go from there...Seymour community pulls together and self supports their own program...and have top rate wrestlers that go to school together and wrestle together as a "team". And amazingly, they all go to Seymour schools...Sevier county doesn't combine their schools...nor do they recruit kids to wrrestle in tournaments in the place of others on their team...they wrestle together...as a team...not with replacements...

any feedback?

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Jan 16 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826333555[/snapback]

I would never imply that any wrestler doesn't work hard, what i would imply smart--- is the fact that most public school kids have to deal with much more than what color sports car or suv daddy is going to buy. You do know that don't you. Wrestlers work hard period, but it helps to have multiple coaches, your meals and gas money covered, a wrestling building, a great weight room, this allows said wrestlers to be able to concentrate on school, wrestling, and buffy. This is why i said that great parents part. It is important to them that their child not have to deal with public schools problems- thats why they spend 16,000 a year. People that love wrestling do not belittle the hardwork of others but sometimes you just respect the fact others do have more obstacles to overcome to accomplish the same goals. I should'ev said get-er-done.

I would have to agree with ya on this...our small community fights tooth and nail to cover expenses for our wrestling team...after wrestling at Mccallie this year, seeing their facilities...its unreal! I know their kids work hard...as do our little "public" school kids...but the facilities, coaches, weight room...all make things a lil bit easier...

QUOTE(humphreyssm @ Jan 27 2007 - 09:01 PM) 826348562[/snapback]

I totally understand and appreciate the fact that your tryng to help your son be better prepared for high school...I also have a son who wrestled with "Team Tennessee" in 4th grade...we were misled to thinking that they were truly taking winners from the state tournament and compiling a team to compete..from Tennessee...against other states in the elementary national duals. Over the years since, I have discovered...Its all about building an elite team...which is all fine and dandy...in my personal opinion? I think we should separate the dual teams(true middle school teams) and club or private schools...is it really fair to put these public schools...with no funding, paid coaches, etc...up against "elite" teams? There have been many exceptional kids come out of public school programs...and by supporting the "club" programs...are we not depriving the rest of the children in our communities...our less economically fortunate kids but just as talented...the opportunity of wrestling under just as "good as" or "better" coaches? I say send your child to wrestle in their community school...put your money into...find good coaches and let it go from there...Seymour community pulls together and self supports their own program...and have top rate wrestlers that go to school together and wrestle together as a "team". And amazingly, they all go to Seymour schools...Sevier county doesn't combine their schools...nor do they recruit kids to wrrestle in tournaments in the place of others on their team...they wrestle together...as a team...not with replacements...

any feedback?

FIRST, How were you misled?

SECOND, If there was a "true" middle school program for your child, I'm sure you would have been on it.

THIRD, If you were willing to "put your money into a community school" you would not be voicing an opinion on this forum!

**** Is it possible that your wrestler was not asked back ---sour grapes????

QUOTE(LouWho @ Jan 17 2007 - 07:58 PM) 826335410[/snapback]

Maybe you show up for some of the tournaments that the kids who are on the team are scheduled wrestle. If you beat the kids who everyone claims are representing the particular weight classes, then I'm sure team TN would want you.

Then everyone could quit complaining.

alot of people wouldn't be complaining if all of these kids were truly from Tennessee...but some were recruited from other states...thats the issue!