Tornado Duals

pantheon

QUOTE(cbg @ Jan 15 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826332361[/snapback]

Soms,

You have all of the wrestlers from Rutherford County on your team along with home school wrestlers, so in my opinion you should win. How will the athletes be divided when they have to attend Siegel, Smyrna, Lavergne, Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale high schools?

IMO, Tullahoma did a great job and will all of their wrestlers not attend Tullahoma High School? Nashville Catholic does get their wrestlers from the local parochial schools but those are very small schools that only have between 10-20 boys per grade level.

The teams that I feel sorry for are the Mt. Juliet's, West Wilsons, Warren County, etc... that have to compete against your Rutherford County All-Star team. Those wrestlers are from a true school team that must adhere to academic & conduct standards that their school has established. Club teams have no such standards required of them.

Baylor has a very good team and all of those wrestlers do attend Baylor Middle School.

Actually 13 of the 14 boys on the middle school sharpshooters team do attend the middle school because the Soms boy IS zoned for Blackman.

cbg,

Just where are you from anyway? Hopefully not the chatt-area where it seems that most of the A-listers are all star club teams. Kids actually move to that area to be apart of those traditional wrestling clubs.

And those private schools down there are definately built teams grabbing up kids living from as far as southern Knoxville to Northern Georgia. Yeah they may attend the Baylors or McCallies, but they're probably from all over east Tennessee.

Same goes for Middle TN private schools as well and West TN

But who cares. I certainly don't and the ''Tullahomas" and the "West Wilsons" and the "MT. Juliets" and the "Warren Countys" don't care either. I never hear them complaining.

Not 1 of those Sharpshooter wrestlers have ever wrestled for Smyrna. I see them every year beginning their freshman year at Blackman High. Our guys are all welcome to train down there though but most just don't or younger kids in northern Rutherford County (Smyrna and Lavergne) don't even know what wrestling is yet and there parents have no clue about what the Sharpshooters even are. Most know nothing about wrestling period.

The only all stars in Rutherford County are the all stars that Coach Kennedy trains himself in the center of Rutherford County right there in the Blackman area. And he does a good job at it!! But he did say he'd train anyone in the county who wants to learn how to wrestle.... a class act.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tnko @ Jan 15 2007 - 11:39 PM) 826333375[/snapback]

And those private schools down there are definately built teams grabbing up kids living from as far as southern Knoxville to Northern Georgia. Yeah they may attend the Baylors or McCallies, but they're probably from all over east Tennessee.

This is not a complaint, but if I am not mistaken, McCallie and Baylor have kids from all over the country? 15 different states roughly. Once again, not a complaint - just an observation.

QUOTE(Gtjackets @ Jan 16 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826333436[/snapback]

This is not a complaint, but if I am not mistaken, McCallie and Baylor have kids from all over the country? 15 different states roughly. Once again, not a complaint - just an observation.

Baylor and McCallie look for wrestlers with alot of potential. This potential alone does not make a great wrestler. Facilities, coaches, focus, and having good supporting parents help finish the process. Mr. Kennedy seems to be a good man, and from what i've seen his wrestlers usually don't come from homes with alot of money so they must get it done alot of sweat and hard work.

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Jan 15 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826333282[/snapback]

Soms,

How could the Sharpshooter wrestlers wrestle Ryan and Oaklan's JV/Freshmen? I thought TSSAA wrestlers could only wrestle wrestlers eligible to wrestle high school? Is this not correct? If this is, I believe both schools could be in trouble. Is there someone out there who could confirm this. Also, why would middle school wrestlers be wrestling high school wrestlers anyway?

Get ready for the big time. And this is exhibition, not official. No refs only coaches, parents, and Alum. That's all.

Heck, I loved that fact that my own son could compete and keep it close.

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Jan 16 2007 - 07:12 AM) 826333446[/snapback]

Baylor and McCallie look for wrestlers with alot of potential. This potential alone does not make a great wrestler. Facilities, coaches, focus, and having good supporting parents help finish the process. Mr. Kennedy seems to be a good man, and from what i've seen his wrestlers usually don't come from homes with alot of money so they must get it done alot of sweat and hard work.

exactly!!

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Jan 16 2007 - 08:12 AM) 826333446[/snapback]

It sounds as though you are implying that Baylor and McCallie don't "get it done" by hard work and determination.

Also... wrestlers from 15 different states? I'm willing to bet that you can't find anyone on the middle school teams from either McCallie or Baylor that live outside of the greater Chattanooga area. The high school's have bording students but for the most part, the junior high is made up of area boys.

QUOTE(tnko @ Jan 15 2007 - 11:39 PM) 826333375[/snapback]

Actually 13 of the 14 boys on the middle school sharpshooters team do attend the middle school because the Soms boy IS zoned for Blackman.

cbg,

Just where are you from anyway? Hopefully not the chatt-area where it seems that most of the A-listers are all star club teams. Kids actually move to that area to be apart of those traditional wrestling clubs.

Same goes for Middle TN private schools as well and West TN

But who cares. I certainly don't and the ''Tullahomas" and the "West Wilsons" and the "MT. Juliets" and the "Warren Countys" don't care either. I never hear them complaining.

Not 1 of those Sharpshooter wrestlers have ever wrestled for Smyrna. I see them every year beginning their freshman year at Blackman High. Our guys are all welcome to train down there though but most just don't or younger kids in northern Rutherford County (Smyrna and Lavergne) don't even know what wrestling is yet and there parents have no clue about what the Sharpshooters even are. Most know nothing about wrestling period.

The only all stars in Rutherford County are the all stars that Coach Kennedy trains himself in the center of Rutherford County right there in the Blackman area. And he does a good job at it!! But he did say he'd train anyone in the county who wants to learn how to wrestle.... a class act.

I am from South Florida (Marathon) by way of Middle Tennessee. I make frequent trips back to Tennessee and got to watch some of the tournament @ Blackman & talk with some old friends.

QUOTE(matbrat5 @ Jan 15 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826332900[/snapback]

RC looks to me like folks are not following the rules that were set forth when the TNAAU Middle School programs were established five years ago. The rule stated that a young man had to wrestle for the program in his community. The only exception was when there was no local program. I know for a fact that several of the wrestlers for preatorian have local programs that they should be wrestling for. It really makes no sense to sit a local wrestler who is zoned to your school to better someone else you have to compete against later.

matbrat5, I'm not aware of the rule you have mentioned, but would find it awfully hard for that to be policed. Based on what you are saying, if a kid lives in Farragut, goes to a MS in Farragut that has an AAU wrestling program, he's not allowed to wrestle for another AAU program other than Farraguts? TNAAU hasn't established "zones" and I doubt that they'll want to go to that extent.

Personally, I've only allowed my son to wrestle in tournaments with this team because our local team wasn't a true "dual" team and wanted him to get the best competition and as much competition as he could. If that is wrong, I quess I'll be wrong. I think you understand that and can appreciate the fact that I'm trying to help my son be better prepared for his freshman year.

QUOTE(Mooooooose @ Jan 16 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826333494[/snapback]

It sounds as though you are implying that Baylor and McCallie don't "get it done" by hard work and determination.

Also... wrestlers from 15 different states? I'm willing to bet that you can't find anyone on the middle school teams from either McCallie or Baylor that live outside of the greater Chattanooga area. The high school's have bording students but for the most part, the junior high is made up of area boys.

I would never imply that any wrestler doesn't work hard, what i would imply smart--- is the fact that most public school kids have to deal with much more than what color sports car or suv daddy is going to buy. You do know that don't you. Wrestlers work hard period, but it helps to have multiple coaches, your meals and gas money covered, a wrestling building, a great weight room, this allows said wrestlers to be able to concentrate on school, wrestling, and buffy. This is why i said that great parents part. It is important to them that their child not have to deal with public schools problems- thats why they spend 16,000 a year. People that love wrestling do not belittle the hardwork of others but sometimes you just respect the fact others do have more obstacles to overcome to accomplish the same goals. I should'ev said get-er-done.

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 16 2007 - 07:44 AM) 826333465[/snapback]

Get ready for the big time. And this is exhibition, not official. No refs only coaches, parents, and Alum. That's all.

Heck, I loved that fact that my own son could compete and keep it close.

Soms,

What grade is your son in? Has the Ryan program digressed so that they are traveling to Oakland to workout with them and a middle school? If true, trouble is right around the corner for the Irish. This does not look good for them. Also, are you sure, even as an exhibition, this was legal? It appears there were matches, otherwise, you could not have a victory in the 2nd or 3rd period. Does not sound like a practice to me.

This should make the other schools in Nashville (MBA; Overton etc) smile seing the Ryan program on the decline. I just can't believe it has gotten this bad. Maybe they can go to church more and light a candle.

I would never imply that any wrestler doesn't work hard, what i would imply smart--- is the fact that most public school kids have to deal with much more than what color sports car or suv daddy is going to buy. You do know that don't you. Wrestlers work hard period, but it helps to have multiple coaches, your meals and gas money covered, a wrestling building, a great weight room, this allows said wrestlers to be able to concentrate on school, wrestling, and buffy. This is why i said that great parents part. It is important to them that their child not have to deal with public schools problems- thats why they spend 16,000 a year. People that love wrestling do not belittle the hardwork of others but sometimes you just respect the fact others do have more obstacles to overcome to accomplish the same goals. I should'ev said get-er-done.

[/qu

Having seen both sides of the fence, I would say the biggest determining factors to success are parental involvement, good coaching, community spirit, and individual talent. These things have nothing to do with money.

hoosierdad,

There is a good chance that Oakland, Ryan & the middle school wrestlers from Blackman have violated TSSAA rules. Oakland & Father Ryan probably need to self report what took place just to clear the air but I feel confident that if they practiced with middle school wrestlers and a practice match took place then violations happened. It will be up to the TSSAA and how they view the situation. With the middle school wrestlers they may be ok because they are not TMSAA (middle school version of TSSAA) but it could have some bearing on their eligibility as freshmen next season. Coaches must know the TSSAA rules and be very careful not to break them.