Tornado Duals

pantheon

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Jan 16 2007 - 08:58 AM) 826333563[/snapback]

Soms,

What grade is your son in? Has the Ryan program digressed so that they are traveling to Oakland to workout with them and a middle school? If true, trouble is right around the corner for the Irish. This does not look good for them. Also, are you sure, even as an exhibition, this was legal? It appears there were matches, otherwise, you could not have a victory in the 2nd or 3rd period. Does not sound like a practice to me.

This should make the other schools in Nashville (MBA; Overton etc) smile seing the Ryan program on the decline. I just can't believe it has gotten this bad. Maybe they can go to church more and light a candle.

Relax my friend from near by. No need to be alarmed. Most of our youngun's are 4th thru 7th grade now. Some were physically challenged the first 1-3 minutes, but surprisingly matched up well on conditioning and skill it appeared.

My #2 son is 7th grade and #3 is 6th grade to answer your question. We feel fortunate to have the extra mat time, although unofficial... sort of like a few matches Gable, Sanderson and others wrestled here and there, and may have even lost but are not on any official records

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 16 2007 - 10:02 AM) 826333635[/snapback]

Relax my friend from near by. No need to be alarmed. Most of our youngun's are 4th thru 7th grade now. Some were physically challenged the first 1-3 minutes, but surprisingly matched up well on conditioning and skill it appeared.

My #2 son is 7th grade and #3 is 6th grade to answer your question. We feel fortunate to have the extra mat time, although unofficial... sort of like a few matches Gable, Sanderson and others wrestled here and there, and may have even lost but are not on any official records

Clueless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A mtach is a match. Why would middle school be wrestling high school anyway? There are rules in the TSSAA, it is not like Gable, Sanerson and others. You have missed the boat and Oakland and Ryan could potentially be in trouble. I guess it wouldn't bother you because there is nothing they could do to your kid.

Has Ryan wrestling stooped to practicing, having exhibition matches with 6th & 7th graders?

Where is Irish Dad when we need him?

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Jan 16 2007 - 10:12 AM) 826333649[/snapback]

Clueless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A mtach is a match. Why would middle school be wrestling high school anyway? There are rules in the TSSAA, it is not like Gable, Sanerson and others. You have missed the boat and Oakland and Ryan could potentially be in trouble. I guess it wouldn't bother you because there is nothing they could do to your kid.

Sounds like you are not bothered as you attempt to trump the possibility of violations all over the board. Hummm, all will be fine.

Were just glad we could build on the developing success Rutherford Co. is now experiencing in this great sport. Potentially things are looking strong...

Case and point:

Official MTWA Varsity Team Scores

1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place 4th

Place Team Score Winners Winners Winners Winners

1 Blackman Middle Sch 243 7 2 1 2

2 Tullahoma 154.5 2 2 1 4

3 Nashville Catholic 152.5 1 4 3

4 Cookeville 111.5 1 2 3

5 Beech 96 1 2 2

6 Hendersonville 87 0 2 1 2

7 Richview 77.5 2 0 0

8 West Wilson 67 0 0 3 1

9 Mt. Juliet 66.5 0 1 0 3

10 Warren County 27 1 0 0 0

11 Sycamore 26 0 0 1 4

12 David Lipscomb 16 0 0 0 0

Note: There is one wrestler in the finals that is not zoned for Blackman.

QUOTE(Gtjackets @ Jan 16 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826333436[/snapback]

This is not a complaint, but if I am not mistaken, McCallie and Baylor have kids from all over the country? 15 different states roughly. Once again, not a complaint - just an observation.

for clarification...if we're still talking about middle school (and i think we are) then McCallie and Baylor only has kids from Chatty and the surounding areas...but if we're talking about school wise, then yes you are correct we have kids from all over the country...and McCallie (if i'm not mistaken) has one or two wrestlers from out of the country...this wasn't meant to be a snide remark, just a clarification for some people who may not know...

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 16 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826333657[/snapback]

Sounds like you are not bothered as you attempt to trump the possibility of violations all over the board. Hummm, all will be fine.

Were just glad we could build on the developing success Rutherford Co. is now experiencing in this great sport. Potentially things are looking strong...

Case and point:

Official MTWA Varsity Team Scores

1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place 4th

Place Team Score Winners Winners Winners Winners

1 Blackman Middle Sch 243 7 2 1 2

2 Tullahoma 154.5 2 2 1 4

3 Nashville Catholic 152.5 1 4 3

4 Cookeville 111.5 1 2 3

5 Beech 96 1 2 2

6 Hendersonville 87 0 2 1 2

7 Richview 77.5 2 0 0

8 West Wilson 67 0 0 3 1

9 Mt. Juliet 66.5 0 1 0 3

10 Warren County 27 1 0 0 0

11 Sycamore 26 0 0 1 4

12 David Lipscomb 16 0 0 0 0

Note: There is one wrestler in the finals that is not zoned for Blackman.

Soms,

Have you no regard for the rules? Does this not bother you the least? The only thing you are interested in doing is bragging how the Sharpshooters and how great they did this year. Is there anything else in your life?

I hope for the sake of the wrestlers at these two schools they are not sanctioned because this was no fault of their's, however, you as an adult, should have known better, and even if not, would be concerned yourself that your ignorance may cost eligilbility for some.

I can only hope that Mr. Carter sees through this and does not penalize these innocent wrestlers.

P.S. Why bring up the Sharpshooters on the McCallie Dual thread?

Start your own thread and you can brag all you want, however, on the appropriate thread.

QUOTE(cbg @ Jan 16 2007 - 08:41 AM) 826333529[/snapback]

I am from South Florida (Marathon) by way of Middle Tennessee. I make frequent trips back to Tennessee and got to watch some of the tournament @ Blackman & talk with some old friends.

If your old friends are Blackman folks, then you should know that the kids on the Sharpshooters club team are for the most part from the Blackman area and are zoned for Blackman Middle and High School.

Its a shame that you have to have a club team just so you get to have a place to practice year round. If you don't, you can't find a place to practice in the off season or you are not allowed to get on a school mat from the first day of school til October 31. (for high school.. dates for middle school differ).

QUOTE(rcpatriot @ Jan 16 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826333543[/snapback]

matbrat5, I'm not aware of the rule you have mentioned, but would find it awfully hard for that to be policed. Based on what you are saying, if a kid lives in Farragut, goes to a MS in Farragut that has an AAU wrestling program, he's not allowed to wrestle for another AAU program other than Farraguts? TNAAU hasn't established "zones" and I doubt that they'll want to go to that extent.

Personally, I've only allowed my son to wrestle in tournaments with this team because our local team wasn't a true "dual" team and wanted him to get the best competition and as much competition as he could. If that is wrong, I quess I'll be wrong. I think you understand that and can appreciate the fact that I'm trying to help my son be better prepared for his freshman year.

Matbrat,

TNAAU does not have a rule that states a kid must wrestle for his "zone" or district. In fact, you should look at the handbook. There are classifications for the different levels of clubs that can compete within the same tournament. Super Club is something you might want to look at. Middle school competition is supposed to be about getting better for high school. If you do not give wrestlers the opportunity to wrestle the best competition in middle school, then they will NOT be ready for H.S. Teams that group the best athletes together to dual and work together as a team will better prepare them for H.S. Clubs that complain about teams that are represented by a larger area have the choice of doing the same thing or the choice to compete in the tournaments they are qualified for. Perhaps if they only participate in tournaments on their level then they would not complain or dodge certain wrestlers by forfeiting.

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Jan 16 2007 - 12:00 PM) 826333760[/snapback]

P.S. Why bring up the Sharpshooters on the McCallie Dual thread?

Start your own thread and you can brag all you want, however, on the appropriate thread.

Okay, you caught me. I was bragging. MC thread? Well, what better place to go to gain further attention/awareness amongst the very best traditionally in TN and N. GA. Can I make myself more clear or more bold than that? Sanctions, fees, death penalties? My gut tells me you take pleasure in stiring things up in that way. As for me... I simply love the competition, that's all.

The Soms

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826333898[/snapback]

Okay, you caught me. I was bragging. MC thread? Well, what better place to go to gain further attention/awareness amongst the very best traditionally in TN and N. GA. Can I make myself more clear or more bold than that? Sanctions, fees, death penalties? My gut tells me you take pleasure in stiring things up in that way. As for me... I simply love the competition, that's all.

The Soms

Soms,

Do you or any of the sharpshooters understand or care what may very well happen to those high school wrestlers that competed against you middle school wrestlers? There was a girl that participated in a church league basketball game and she lost one year of her high school career. This is probably not going to be good for some kids and the adults are the ones that have created the problems. If my son had lost a year of wrestling over something like this I would be livid. I am sure that Oakland knew what was going on but did the Ryan coach or did he think that he was wrestling the Oakland kids?

QUOTE(cbg @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:10 PM) 826333909[/snapback]

Do you or any of the sharpshooters understand or care...

cbg, my friend from South FL by way of middle TN, do you... may I ask? If this is such an issue that you and Hoosierdad are so terribly concerned about, why do you two insist on broadcasting this so? Coach Richie and Simpson and crew are good people who will not do anything to jeopardize their kids in any way. Relax and let's support the growth of this great sport statewide!!

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826333914[/snapback]

cbg, my friend from South FL by way of middle TN, do you... may I ask? If this is such an issue that you and Hoosierdad are so terribly concerned about, why do you two insist on broadcasting this so? Coach Richie and Simpson and crew are good people who will not do anything to jeopardize their kids in any way. Relax and let's support the growth of this great sport statewide!!

Soms,

You are the one that told the world what happened by posting it on this message board. Don't try to place the blame on hoosierdad or myself when you told everyone what was happening by posting. We would have ever known if it were not for you and your boasting?????????????

I think it's very interesting that a debate regarding the Sharpshooters and NCW is taking place on a thread that was started to CONGRATULATE the outstanding middle schoolers that wrestled in the Tornado Duals.

While Middle TN continues to debate what's fair and not fair, the Chattanooga wrestling programs will continue to improve. As a wrestling community we should applaud the success of our young people and the time committment of the coaches and parents instrumental in that success.