Bartlett vs Millington

hedgehog

Hey, thanks. Sure, come holler at me. We are trying to piece it together right now. Last night I pulled up 4 freshmen from the freshmen team without them practicing at all with the varsity and it was tough considering that they weren't familiar with anything the varsity team does... So I was teaching them for the first 3 quarters on the sideline before they got in to play early in the 4th quarter. It should be interesting to see how they adjust and learn.

Coach, why are your Freshman not familiar with anything the Varsity team does? I would think a Freshman or JV Teams would run the same offense and defense that the Varsity would be running so they would be prepared for the Varsity team next year.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Postman @ Jan 17 2007 - 04:04 PM) 826335316[/snapback]

Hey, thanks. Sure, come holler at me. We are trying to piece it together right now. Last night I pulled up 4 freshmen from the freshmen team without them practicing at all with the varsity and it was tough considering that they weren't familiar with anything the varsity team does... So I was teaching them for the first 3 quarters on the sideline before they got in to play early in the 4th quarter. It should be interesting to see how they adjust and learn.

Coach, why are your Freshman not familiar with anything the Varsity team does? I would think a Freshman or JV Teams would run the same offense and defense that the Varsity would be running so they would be prepared for the Varsity team next year.

HMMMMM...... makes you wonder doesn't it.......

QUOTE(coachgat @ Jan 17 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826335266[/snapback]

LOL are you kidding me? So basically you are saying that I injured or got rid of those 3 players so I can have a reason to say we lost? I guess you have mistaken me for a loser. I only stated the facts about what is going on with my team but make no mistake about it, we haven't conceded defeat to anyone

No I'm not kidding you... No I don't think you injured or got rid of your players. But, if it wasn't an issue, why mention it in a setting like this. The problem is your enthusiasm for your team is great. Just in my opinion should be put in check somewhat. But, on the other hand you are a breath of fresh air, because you make yourself be a nice target. And NO, you do not have to concede defeat Bartlett will do that for you!

QUOTE(coachgat @ Jan 15 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826332334[/snapback]

Inspite of the starters that won't be playing it should still be a very entertaining game. We are down to 6 in the rotation with 3 starters out, should be VERY interesting...

I'm just curious about WHICH three starters will be out for tomorrow's game.

You don't have to reveal that information to me. I'm just curious about it.

The box score in the Commercial Appeal didn't reveal any apparent weaknesses. 71 pts against anybody is still putting the ball in the hoop!

Arlington (16) — Kacey Dunn 2, Misha Hall 2, Emily Higgins 3, Ashleigh Merritt 3, Lauren Raney 2, Christina Rivalto 2, Samantha Weber 2.

Millington (71) — Tamarah Brandon 14, Michelle Brown 7, LaTesa McLaughlin 19, Jasmine Newsome 7, Ashley Robinson 12, Jerrica Spencer 8, Jessica Fleming 2, Janae Shanks 2.

Records — Millington 17-2 (3-0, 14AAA).

QUOTE(hedgehog @ Jan 17 2007 - 05:15 PM) 826335378[/snapback]

The box score in the Commercial Appeal didn't reveal any apparent weaknesses. 71 pts against anybody is still putting the ball in the hoop!

71 points against Arlington...... You are joking right? No disrespect to Arlington intended but they have won 2 games and the school doesn't even have a 12th grade class yet.

Bartlett starters (against Arlington) played 4 minutes the first quarter and about 2 minutes the third. That is correct: a total of 5 to 6 minutes the whole game! Arlington is still forming as a new program and developing and they have one of the best Jr. High teams in West Tenn (with size) so they are going to be fine in a couple of years. My point is this: Bartlett typically doesn't hand out unmerciful (sp?) beatings. What does that prove? You may find yourself on the other end of that beating one day!!!!!

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Jan 17 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826335451[/snapback]

71 points against Arlington...... You are joking right? No disrespect to Arlington intended but they have won 2 games and the school doesn't even have a 12th grade class yet.

Bartlett starters (against Arlington) played 4 minutes the first quarter and about 2 minutes the third. That is correct: a total of 5 to 6 minutes the whole game! Arlington is still forming as a new program and developing and they have one of the best Jr. High teams in West Tenn (with size) so they are going to be fine in a couple of years. My point is this: Bartlett typically doesn't hand out unmerciful (sp?) beatings. What does that prove? You may find yourself on the other end of that beating one day!!!!!

On another note: Arlington and Raliegh Eygt haven't won 5 games between them but are in the 14AAA conference. These teams drive down the strength of the district and also impact the upper teams strength of schedule because you have to play them twice each in district play (4 total games). So it is not necessarily accurate to say this district is not strong because you have Bartlett 16-1, Millington 16-2, Cordova 14-3 etc. However, the lower portion of the district is so weak it kills you! In addition: this does nothing to prepare you for post season. Bartlett has scheduled some outside games such as New Albany, MS to try and keep them on their toes going into post season play. Munford was a 20+ team but now that game is ---- let's just say not strong.

Later in the schedule Bartlett will have to play more than 5 minutes against teams like Arlington to keep some type of game sharpness for that week or it could haunt them later..... But they will probably run a lot of sets and work player combinations instead of just pressing and running up the score......

Back to the topic:

Coachgat: remember your quote below (Oct 18th)????? It's time to start that journey.....

Just find me after it's all said and done. It's a new day...I know what you are use to seeing but times have changed. Coaches have changed, players have changed and schedules have changed. Like I said, find me when it is all said and done. I'll be holding the substate banner

hehehe......

Tick Tock Tick Tock

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Jan 17 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826335480[/snapback]

Back to the topic:

Coachgat: remember your quote below (Oct 18th)????? It's time to start that journey.....

Just find me after it's all said and done. It's a new day...I know what you are use to seeing but times have changed. Coaches have changed, players have changed and schedules have changed. Like I said, find me when it is all said and done. I'll be holding the substate banner

hehehe......

Tick Tock Tick Tock

You may purchase a banner at www.buythissubstatebanner.com for the low low. and no I'm not laughing out loud.

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Jan 17 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826335451[/snapback]

This is interesting. You say running up the score? We had 6 players basically last night. We only pressed in the first quarter. So we were suppose to just play defense with our hands in our pockets and just let them score? Sorry, I don't teach them that. We have to still play the game, however, I made certain that we slowed the tempo to work on sets last night.

QUOTE(Postman @ Jan 17 2007 - 04:04 PM) 826335316[/snapback]

long story

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Jan 17 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826335480[/snapback]

Back to the topic:

hehehe......

Tick Tock Tick Tock

I vividly remember that qoute but it didn't go like that. It was more to it. I ended it with "I'll be holding the substate banner representing the weak West Tennessee teams." This was stated when someone said that West Tennessee basketball is weak or something along those lines. No wait, they said that 14AAA was the second weakest district in west TN. Don't come on here trying to mislead readers like that, that's weak man. Come at me right, not like that.

QUOTE(coachgat @ Jan 17 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826335596[/snapback]

I vividly remember that qoute but it didn't go like that. It was more to it. I ended it with "I'll be holding the substate banner representing the weak West Tennessee teams."

You got to be joking. The fact is that you said per your quote that you would win the substate (be holding the banner). I don't think there is nothing mis represented in that statement. "Weak or whatever" - that is a bold statement to put on a state board. If it is not what you meant - I guess we all should be mind readers.