Father Ryan vs. Brentwood Academy

Philippians 4_13

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:04 PM) 826333899[/snapback]

Father Ryan faces off against Brentwood Academy today. Does Cash drop to 130 and face Marchetti? Does Brentwood Academy have a chance to upset the Irish?

I'd be surprised if at this point, Cash would drop to 130 (that may be the long term goal for State). My guess is that he will wrestle at 140.

BA may have a shot, but it would be a long one . . . Ryan looks pretty tough . . . I'd love to see it though!

QUOTE(fan6 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:07 PM) 826333905[/snapback]

I'd be surprised if at this point, Cash would drop to 130 (that may be the long term goal for State). My guess is that he will wrestle at 140.

BA may have a shot, but it would be a long one . . . Ryan looks pretty tough . . . I'd love to see it though!

I think it will be a great dual match. I predict Ryan to win by 15-21 over Brentwood Academy. They'll have a better chance of MBA this coming Thursday than Ryan.

QUOTE(bigbigguy @ Jan 16 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826334334[/snapback]

father ryan won 40-20. To my surprise Cash wrestled at 145. Why do you think he did this? I figured he at least stay at 140.

Our 135 is very good (Townes) not good enough to win against Ryan. So, they take the win at 140 with Townes which moves Cash to 145. Our 130 is injured (Tom Wilson). No way to hit Ryan head on and have a prayer. The coach has to gamble. 103 to 112 bring in the 8th grader to try and steal a win at 103 and hope you get lucky. Didn't happen - Ryan has too many good wrestlers for our line up.

Two years ago we lost 74-6. I think everyone got pinned except one and the forfeit that gave us our 6 points. So, at least we are getting better.

QUOTE(Batts @ Jan 16 2007 - 10:43 PM) 826334486[/snapback]

Our 135 is very good (Townes) not good enough to win against Ryan. So, they take the win at 140 with Townes which moves Cash to 145. Our 130 is injured (Tom Wilson). No way to hit Ryan head on and have a prayer. The coach has to gamble. 103 to 112 bring in the 8th grader to try and steal a win at 103 and hope you get lucky. Didn't happen - Ryan has too many good wrestlers for our line up.

Two years ago we lost 74-6. I think everyone got pinned except one and the forfeit that gave us our 6 points. So, at least we are getting better.

How did Beki and Brooks do? I would have liked to see him wrestle Brannon at 103 (to get that win) and let Burgin take his lumps at 112 (and try to hold it to a 3 vs a 6). Ah well -- Monday morning QB is easy eh? We have gotten a whole lot better in a pretty short time.

QUOTE(fan6 @ Jan 16 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826334521[/snapback]

How did Beki and Brooks do? I would have liked to see him wrestle Brannon at 103 (to get that win) and let Burgin take his lumps at 112 (and try to hold it to a 3 vs a 6). Ah well -- Monday morning QB is easy eh? We have gotten a whole lot better in a pretty short time.

Beki won a close decision and Brooks lost a close decision.

It just wasn't our day. Calloway came out tentative and nervouse in his high school debut at 103. He came back strong at the end and lost 8-6. I think he would have a good shot at winning if he wrestled that match again. I thought Brannon would and could beat the Ryan 112, but the 112 just said "no". He over powered Brannon and just took the win. I think it would have gone the way you thought. I don't think Burgin would have been pinned. It was a calculated risk that would have turned out not to make a difference, but a good decision to try in my opinion.

QUOTE(Brian Peppers @ Jan 18 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826335977[/snapback]

BA didn't stand a chance, surely you didnt think the match would have been 'close'.

Wasnt your day?b.s.

True. BA didn't stand a chance against Ryan. However, several of the matches where Ryan came out on top were close and could have gone either way. Overall Ryan is still the stronger of the two teams.

QUOTE(Brian Peppers @ Jan 18 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826335977[/snapback]

BA didn't stand a chance, surely you didnt think the match would have been 'close'.

Wasnt your day?b.s.

Ah, love the arrogance. Nope, never had a chance . . . I mean who does against the mighty FR? I'm surprised BA even dared to show themselves on the mats. Waste of everyone's time . . .

Long Live the Wrestling Kings!

QUOTE(heartbreakkid @ Jan 18 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826336603[/snapback]

Can somebody from Brentwood Academy help me out. Why did the Academy forfeit to Marchetti and Bateman? Did they not have wrestlers in those weights?

What weight classes are Marchetti and Bateman in? BA has some injuries (although I'm not sure why C. Cash wouldn't have put out JV guys for the experience)