Cloudland spanked Unaka

THE KING

QUOTE(THE KING @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:48 AM) 826337609[/snapback]

I like your post, Ranger87. I hope some of the sorry fairweather Cloudland fans read it, too. We struggled really bad in football this year. I looked up and saw many empty spaces in the bleachers. I think all the players, when we start winning again, should personally welcome these fans back. They will be back once the winning returns. Shame on you.

"The sky is falling" The sky is falling" King is likes a Ranger thread? No little chicken he likes a truthful thread. Good Job and DITTO.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RANGER87 @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826337594[/snapback]

Well, that's fine. I can't figure out why losing would keep them away though, they've suffered through the last 50 years of football. If you have to win every game, every year, year in and year out to keep your community behind you then maybe your community needs to look at why they even come to the game. They only support a winner? Is pride that important. I still show, and I still keep the book, win or lose. I'll still support, win or lose. We won the coveted conference last year, what did it bring us? (we still have loads of 'a decade of dominance' t-shirts for sale by the way) We haven't won it outright for the last 10 years, we've had to share it. If you don't win it outright then you don't win it. Too much has been made of that useless stat. Pride is one of the biggest obstacles that's getting in the way right now. Pressure to win that darn conference. So what? You can go 0 fer through the season and still win state mathmatically speaking. Finish 2nd in districts and still make it to state. You can do alot of things and still make it to state. You can buy a ticket and make it to state. Lack of respect ain't the problem, from either the coaches or the players perspective but it is from some of the faithful. If you've never been in a program that changed coaches every year then you don't know what it's like. I played under 3 different coaches in 4 years of baseball and we didn't even have a field to play on at the time, we played all away games and there was no community support. If you had Coach K one year, Dean Smith the next, and still yet Jimmy V the next you would still have problems (especially if you had Jimmy V, that would most likely mean you were dead) because they are all different. All great coaches but all different. It will take more than a few months to get the program back on track, but they are trying their best. If all the "Loyal Fans" can't wait around for a time then go watch Cloudland, go watch University High, go somewhere, it don't make no never mind to me. I prefer to stay with with our team and see where they end up for better or worse. I don't jump ship I go down with it. I will say this, if we do turn things around, and I don't know if we will or not because I'm not playing the games, don't come back on here and start bragging once you've turned your back on the Rangers, and that goes for baseball too.

Ranger 87,

Great post but they have not shared the conference title every year.

2004-05 Won it outright 8-0

2003-04 Won it out right 7-1, Cloudland runner-up 6-2

2002-03 Won it outright, Cloudland runner-up 6-2

2001-02 Shared it with Cloudland 7-1

2000-01 Won it outright, Hampton runner-up

I stand corrected, Had to go digging a bit.

QUOTE(starman @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:13 PM) 826337640[/snapback]

Ranger 87,

2002-03 Shared it with Cloudland 7-1

In each of the two years they shared it with Cloudland, each won at home and lost on the road. I would have to go back in the archives in the prior years.

'02-'03 was an outright, remember Cloudland lost @ UH, givin Unaka sole possession.

Last year them and UH split, each with 2 losses.

Ranger 87,

2002-03 Won it outright, Cloudland runner-up 6-2

2000-01 Won it outright, Hampton runner-up

I stand corrected BC, Had to go digging a bit.

I am almost positive they won it outright in 2000-01.

I sure they did in 1999-2000

QUOTE(RANGER87 @ Jan 19 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826337799[/snapback]

Did Unaka win it all 10 years in a row, outright won it, or not? I didn't say they shared it every year I said they had to share it during those 10 years, which technically would break any string of outright conference championships. Furthermore, it is still a useless stat and has been beaten as mercilessly as the State championship. It's over and done now let's get on with life. Stop comparing each and every team to what once was and shall never be again. It's a brave new world out there let's see what happens, who knows these boys may just surprise us all, or not. Either way I'll stick with them and with the teams to come.

Ranger87 I not 100% sure but I think they won it seven time and shared it on three others.

Unaka seems to be at it's best when people write them off. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them make a run deep into the tournament providing they shoot well.

Ranger 87 we can't let go of that gold ball. It's worth it weight in "GOLD" just to see the look on "THE KING"S" face when he steps inside of the Ranger barn.

As for the kids at Unaka, those boys that remain on the team are special. Most would have tossed in the towel and quit after all they've been through but each night they go out and play their fannies off. For that, they're winners regardless of what the scoreboard says.

Who knows what will happen?

Luke Sparks and the Roan Mountain Express showed me they're is a sports God last season.

QUOTE(RANGER87 @ Jan 19 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826337799[/snapback]

Did Unaka win it all 10 years in a row, outright won it, or not? I didn't say they shared it every year I said they had to share it during those 10 years, which technically would break any string of outright conference championships. Furthermore, it is still a useless stat and has been beaten as mercilessly as the State championship. It's over and done now let's get on with life. Stop comparing each and every team to what once was and shall never be again. It's a brave new world out there let's see what happens, who knows these boys may just surprise us all, or not. Either way I'll stick with them and with the teams to come.

soooooft there expectations in this world ya know.some might even call them traditions

QUOTE(cucry @ Jan 19 2007 - 08:38 AM) 826337384[/snapback]

Hey Rangerbook maybe you should spell the guy's name correctly if you are going to dis him and you might want to consider a little thing called "slander" since he has not been brought before the board or school system for any wrong doing. Just a thought.

Well maybe he hasn't been brought before the board because his daddy runs it??? I don't understand why you're trying to protect a pedophile.