Region 3AA

JustBeingNosy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Jan 17 2007 - 05:28 PM) 826335343[/snapback]

What's everybody's thoughts on this region? Looks to me like Tellico is the solid favorite right now with Sequatchie and McMinn Central right behind them and Polk not far behind. Will anybody from District 6 step up and help Sequatchie make some noise in this years tourney? For years District 5 has dominated.

...Most teams in District 5 have 7 or 8 games to play before the District tournament starts next month at Cleveland State...the 1 & 2 seed should be decided when Tellico plays @ Central...(In my opinion)the competition has always been better in District 5...and I can honestly say that because we (Tyner) used to be members of District 6...just to show you how competitive District 5 was last year: the #3(Central) & #4(Tyner) seeds played for the District Championship... I've learned one thing since being in District 5...don't count any team out...I'm sure Sequatchie fans will say the same about District 6!!!

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Jan 17 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826335545[/snapback]

...Most teams in District 5 have 7 or 8 games to play before the District tournament starts next month at Cleveland State...the 1 & 2 seed should be decided when Tellico plays @ Central...(In my opinion)the competition has always been better in District 5...and I can honestly say that because we (Tyner) used to be members of District 6...just to show you how competitive District 5 was last year: the #3(Central) & #4(Tyner) seeds played for the District Championship... I've learned one thing since being in District 5...don't count any team out...I'm sure Sequatchie fans will say the same about District 6!!!

Sequatchie's Lady Indians have matured more since last season with such a young squad. They defeated Tyner earlier this season, and another match-up would be a tough game. Sequatchie will have to continue to improve their game, and keep working hard. Look to hear some noise from SCHS in the post-season tourneys.

Other noteworthy things to consider are CCS' comeback win over Tyner at home, Sequatchie's 40 point shelling of Grundy then Grundy comes back with a much closer 6 point loss. Also Central beat CCS by 35 or so early and then CCS played a much closer game losing by 13.

I'm looking foward to a fantastic tourny this year. Where is it being played?

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Jan 18 2007 - 01:00 PM) 826336423[/snapback]

Other noteworthy things to consider are CCS' comeback win over Tyner at home, Sequatchie's 40 point shelling of Grundy then Grundy comes back with a much closer 6 point loss. Also Central beat CCS by 35 or so early and then CCS played a much closer game losing by 13.

I'm looking foward to a fantastic tourny this year. Where is it being played?

...CCS's comeback was good but since then the "Lady Rams" won the "Best-Of-Preps" championship and played Central (losing by 5 points @ Central)...we had a home game scheduled with CCS and it was canceled by CCS ...anyway it should be a good District and Region tournament...I think the Region is being hosted by 5AA this year so a good bet is that it will be @ Cleveland State!!!

...GO "LADY RAMS"!!!

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826337662[/snapback]

...CCS's comeback was good but since then the "Lady Rams" won the "Best-Of-Preps" championship and played Central (losing by 5 points @ Central)...we had a home game scheduled with CCS and it was canceled by CCS ...anyway it should be a good District and Region tournament...I think the Region is being hosted by 5AA this year so a good bet is that it will be @ Cleveland State!!!

...GO "LADY RAMS"!!!

don't count coach terri parks out of the hunt. terrific coach. she has made the lady rams a contender. good luck coach from a former ram coach.

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:13 PM) 826338426[/snapback]

...Tellico should get the #1 seed in 5AA...they beat Central 58-45 earlier in the year...the other seeds in 5AA will be determined in the next couple weeks!!!

Not so sure about Tellico being No. 1 just yet........Tellico and Central have 2 losses each and last I checked Polk just had 2 also..........

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826338444[/snapback]

Not so sure about Tellico being No. 1 just yet........Tellico and Central have 2 losses each and last I checked Polk just had 2 also..........

...That's why I used the word: "should"...nothing is a 'lock' at this time...I realize that Tellico still has to play Polk, @ Brainerd, and @ Tyner...and if they stumble in any of those games it could shake-up the final standings!!!

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826338444[/snapback]

Current Standings District 5AA (as of 01/24/2007)

1. Tellico Plains 9-2

2. McMinn Cent. 9-2

3. Polk County 8-3

4. Tyner 7-5

5. Sweetwater 6-5

6. Brainerd 5-6

7. Sequoyah 5-6

8. Meigs County 1-10

9. Boyd-B. 0-11

...Seeds 1 thru 7 still to be determined!!!