Region 3AA

JustBeingNosy

Tellico is banged up, but still have plenty of depth. Right now they are tied with Central, with each having a win over the other. If they finished tied, how do they decided, overall record? If so, right now I have Tellico at 16-5 and Central at 14-6. Not sure Central's is right. Brooke McKinnon scored her 2,000th career point last night against Rhea County. She signed with Lee back in August.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 6AA Standing as of 1/24/2007

1 Sequatchie Co. 11-0

2 Chattanooga Christian 7-2

3 Grundy Co. 7-3

4 Howard 6-4

5 Bledsoe Co. 6-6

6 Notre Dame 4-5

7 East Ridge 2-8

8 Hixson 2-8

9 Marion Co. 0-10

1. Sequatchie Co. has 5 district games left and all of them are one the road. They play at Marion Co. (1/27), at Chattanooga Christian (1/30), at East Ridge (2/2), at Notre Dame (2/6), and at Bledsoe Co. (2/9).

2. Chattanooga Christian has 6 district games left. They will play host to Notre Dame (1/26), Sequatchie Co. (1/30), and Bledsoe Co. (2/2). They will play the last 3 on the road at Notre Dame (2/3), at Grundy Co. (2/6), and at Hixson (2/9).

Chattanooga Christian beat Bledsoe Co. last night 53-45, but Bledsoe Co.'s Kelly Warden didn't play.

Also Chattanooga Christian beat Grundy Co. at home in overtime by 11, but it will probably be a different game at Grundy Co. This game will most likely decide the who is number 2.

3. Grundy Co. also has 6 district games remaining. At Marion Co. (1/26), at Howard (1/30), Vs. Hixson (2/2), Vs. Chattanooga Christian (2/6), at Notre Dame (2/8), and at East Ridge (2/9).

4. Howard has 3 remaining district games and all of them are at home. Vs. Grundy Co. (1/30), Vs. Notre Dame (2/9), Vs. Marion Co. (2/12).

Howard has only played East Ridge, Hixson, and Chattanooga Christian once this season, but these games are not listed on any of these three teams schedule.

5. Bledsoe Co. has 4 district games left. Vs. Hixson (1/26), Vs. Notre Dame (1/1), at Chattanooga Christian (2/2), and Vs. Sequatchie Co. (2/9).

6. Notre Dame, who is playing with only 8 players, has 6 district games remaining. At Chattanooga Christian (1/26), at Bledsoe Co. (2/1), Vs. Chattanooga Christian (2/3), Vs. Sequatchie Co. (2/6), Vs. Grundy Co. (2/8), and at Howard (2/9).

7. East Ridge has 3 district games left to play. Vs. Marion (1/30), Vs. Sequatchie Co. (2/2), and at Grundy Co. (2/9).

8. Hixson has 4 district games remaining. At Bledose Co. (1/26), at Grundy Co. (2/2), at Marion Co. (2/6), and Vs. Chattanooga Christian (2/9).

9. Marion Co. has 5 district games left. Vs. Grundy Co. (1/26), Vs. Sequatchie Co. (1/27), at East Ridge (1/30), Vs. Hixson (2/6), and at Howard (2/12).

I think Sequatchie Co. will hold on to the top spot going in to the district. I'm not sure if the top seed gets a bye or not. I think Grundy Co. will beat Chattanooga Christian and if Chattanooga Christian losses to Bledsoe Co., that will put Grundy Co. up in the number 2 seed. With that said, Chattanooga Christian will take the number 3 seed leaving Howard in the number 4 spot.

Good Job Brooke! Thats a whole lot of points.

I'm not taking anything away from Brooke, but what points are you counting? Are you just counting regular season games, or are you counting all of the pre-season games, play days and summer camps as well?

The reason I ask is because I heard of some players counting every game they played while they were in high school, and that can be a lot considering the amount of play days some schools play at.

Once again Good Job Brooke and I hope you have as great of a career at Lee.

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Jan 24 2007 - 11:47 AM) 826343936[/snapback]

Tellico is banged up, but still have plenty of depth. Right now they are tied with Central, with each having a win over the other. If they finished tied, how do they decided, overall record? If so, right now I have Tellico at 16-5 and Central at 14-6. Not sure Central's is right. Brooke McKinnon scored her 2,000th career point last night against Rhea County. She signed with Lee back in August.

...I looked at the TSSAA website under By-Laws & Constitution...it wasn't addressed...I think each District has it's own rule...it could be a "coin-flip", or it could be head-to-head(in this case Tellico would win because they beat Central by a 13)...I'm not sure but I'll get back with an answer soon!!!

QUOTE(Indian Chief @ Jan 24 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826344002[/snapback]

District 6AA Standing as of 1/24/2007

1 Sequatchie Co. 11-0

2 Chattanooga Christian 7-2

3 Grundy Co. 7-3

4 Howard 6-4

5 Bledsoe Co. 6-6

6 Notre Dame 4-5

7 East Ridge 2-8

8 Hixson 2-8

9 Marion Co. 0-10

1. Sequatchie Co. has 5 district games left and all of them are one the road. They play at Marion Co. (1/27), at Chattanooga Christian (1/30), at East Ridge (2/2), at Notre Dame (2/6), and at Bledsoe Co. (2/9).

2. Chattanooga Christian has 6 district games left. They will play host to Notre Dame (1/26), Sequatchie Co. (1/30), and Bledsoe Co. (2/2). They will play the last 3 on the road at Notre Dame (2/3), at Grundy Co. (2/6), and at Hixson (2/9).

Chattanooga Christian beat Bledsoe Co. last night 53-45, but Bledsoe Co.'s Kelly Warden didn't play.

Also Chattanooga Christian beat Grundy Co. at home in overtime by 11, but it will probably be a different game at Grundy Co. This game will most likely decide the who is number 2.

3. Grundy Co. also has 6 district games remaining. At Marion Co. (1/26), at Howard (1/30), Vs. Hixson (2/2), Vs. Chattanooga Christian (2/6), at Notre Dame (2/8), and at East Ridge (2/9).

4. Howard has 3 remaining district games and all of them are at home. Vs. Grundy Co. (1/30), Vs. Notre Dame (2/9), Vs. Marion Co. (2/12).

5. Bledsoe Co. has 4 district games left. Vs. Hixson (1/26), Vs. Notre Dame (1/1), at Chattanooga Christian (2/2), and Vs. Sequatchie Co. (2/9).

6. Notre Dame, who is playing with only 8 players, has 6 district games remaining. At Chattanooga Christian (1/26), at Bledsoe Co. (2/1), Vs. Chattanooga Christian (2/3), Vs. Sequatchie Co. (2/6), Vs. Grundy Co. (2/8), and at Howard (2/9).

7. East Ridge has 3 district games left to play. Vs. Marion (1/30), Vs. Sequatchie Co. (2/2), and at Grundy Co. (2/9).

8. Hixson has 4 district games remaining. At Bledose Co. (1/26), at Grundy Co. (2/2), at Marion Co. (2/6), and Vs. Chattanooga Christian (2/9).

9. Marion Co. has 5 district games left. Vs. Grundy Co. (1/26), Vs. Sequatchie Co. (1/27), at East Ridge (1/30), Vs. Hixson (2/6), and at Howard (2/12).

I think Sequatchie Co. will hold on to the top spot going in to the district. I'm not sure if the top seed gets a bye or not. I think Grundy Co. will beat Chattanooga Christian and if Chattanooga Christian losses to Bledsoe Co., that will put Grundy Co. up in the number 2 seed. With that said, Chattanooga Christian will take the number 3 seed leaving Howard in the number 4 spot.

Did Ali Long quit basketball for Notre Dame? She was scoring most of there points and I was wondering if she quit or is hurt?

QUOTE(Indian Chief @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:35 PM) 826344014[/snapback]

Good Job Brooke! Thats a whole lot of points.

I'm not taking anything away from Brooke, but what points are you counting? Are you just counting regular season games, or are you counting all of the pre-season games, play days and summer camps as well?

The reason I ask is because I heard of some players counting every game they played while they were in high school, and that can be a lot considering the amount of play days some schools play at.

Once again Good Job Brooke and I hope you have as great of a career at Lee.

That is counting regular season, hall of fame games, and post season. No scrimmages or play dates have been counted. Stats are not as accurate in those games. It is a legitimate 2,000. I understand what you are saying, and I agree with the reason for the question. Brooke is a good athlete, but an even better person. With her reaction last night, I'm not sure she realized she was that close. The school presented her with a beautiful trophy. That school is a real class act.

QUOTE(Indian Chief @ Jan 24 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826344039[/snapback]

As far as I know Ali Long didn't play last night. Notre Dame had one girl that dressed out but she didn't warm-up or play. Last night Abbey Roe was Notre Dame's leading scorer with 11.

She didn't play against Bledsoe when we played at Notre Dame but she was playing earlier this season....

QUOTE(Bledsoebtheboys @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826344020[/snapback]

Did Ali Long quit basketball for Notre Dame? She was scoring most of there points and I was wondering if she quit or is hurt?

In my opinion Sequatchie is the only 6AA team that has a shot at winning a game in the region. 5AA is awfully strong, especially at the top. Be interesting to see how these districts have done head to head in the regular season. I know Meigs, which has a 1-10 district record, has played only Bledsoe from district 6, and has split with them. Each team won a nailbiter on their home court.

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Jan 24 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826344093[/snapback]

In my opinion Sequatchie is the only 6AA team that has a shot at winning a game in the region. 5AA is awfully strong, especially at the top. Be interesting to see how these districts have done head to head in the regular season. I know Meigs, which has a 1-10 district record, has played only Bledsoe from district 6, and has split with them. Each team won a nailbiter on their home court.

...I don't completly agree with you on that...I do agree that 5-AA is the stronger District from top to bottom, but from past experience you never know how a team will play once the tournaments start...example:in head-to-head competition Tyner lost to both Sequatchie and CCS and beat Howard by one point(@Tyner)...all three games were either in November or December...it's a long time from then to February/March...everybody has a chance to improve and/or adjust to each other...tournaments are not played on 'paper' and 'records' are out-the-door...it's not a round-robin and teams must be healthy and hopefully haven't 'peaked' too soon!!!

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Jan 24 2007 - 01:37 PM) 826344120[/snapback]

...I don't completly agree with you on that...I do agree that 5-AA is the stronger District from top to bottom, but from past experience you never know how a team will play once the tournaments start...example:in head-to-head competition Tyner lost to both Sequatchie and CCS and beat Howard by one point(@Tyner)...all three games were either in November or December...it's a long time from then to February/March...everybody has a chance to improve and/or adjust to each other...tournaments are not played on 'paper' and 'records' are out-the-door...it's not a round-robin and teams must be healthy and hopefully haven't 'peaked' too soon!!!

I totally agree. Tellico is a prime example. the are usually the top team, and with the exception of Central, usually run through the district, but when they get into tournament play, they always struggle.

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Jan 24 2007 - 01:37 PM) 826344120[/snapback]

I said "at the top" and Tyner is not there this year. Tellico and Central should have no trouble with anybody except maybe Sequatchie.