Mt. Juliet @ Smyrna

MtJBears

QUOTE(Glasseater @ Jan 20 2007 - 07:16 AM) 826338798[/snapback]

MJ is probably the most fundamentaly sound team in the state based on what their coach is ask them to do.That is run your plays with passion and knowledge of where you are on the floor, get every loose ball and fight for every rebound. Nixon does all of these things for them every time down the floor. Just giving credit where it is due. Everything i just mentioned is what the young kids at Smyrna are striving to do and maintain. This game came down to made and missed oppurtunities. MJ had more made Smyrna had more missed.Congradulations MJ;know that you will continue to work hard.Smyrna learn from this lost as you did the first and add another level of improvement. SHOULD BE A LIGHTS OUT DISTRICT TOURNAMENT!

I agree. Smyrna had a 7-0 lead as quick as Emily Pollock. On a night where KC was about 1-10 on three pointers, hostile crowd home crowd, and a deficit to overcome you could still see in the Bears eyes that they were going to win. Smyrna saw it too. This team never quits, out hustles everyone...loose balls, rebounds (Miaca Bowman was fearless inside on the boards beside her 16 points), pressure D. The Bears are the whole package.

I have said this before but all 5 starters are "go to" and can light it up. The Bears conditioning is fantastic.

Jordan Nixon is outstanding on the baseline (quick!) and hit some great medium jumpers as well...I have been impressed with especially Miaca and Jordan's jumpers lately, early in the season the Bears (IMO) were 3 pointers and layups off the press but have really opened up the floor on O.

The last substitution by Coach Fryer (Chelsea Brown in)...the man can Coach!!! Right move and plays all night.

Credit to Smyrna on a closer game than I expected, as MJ played not to lose the last stanza. The Bears game planned the posts VERY well last night, at the expense of giving up the 3's to the wings. I would still like EP to play under more control...in both games against the Bears she had WAY too many turnovers for the Bulldogs to succeed...would like to hear some Smyrna folks perspective.

Go Bears!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(flngrvy @ Jan 20 2007 - 06:34 AM) 826338795[/snapback]

Didn't make the game and read this morning in the Tennessean that Freshman Chelsea Brown blocked the last shot by Smyrna. Anyone who was there, some details from the game would be great.

flngrvy, the last shot came down to Emily Pollock. Chelsea was right there in her face, and with her height advantage it's been debated whether she ever had to leave her feet to block the shot. She got all ball. What an incredible play for the freshman!

QUOTE(olemissguy @ Jan 20 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826338932[/snapback]

flngrvy, the last shot came down to Emily Pollock. Chelsea was right there in her face, and with her height advantage it's been debated whether she ever had to leave her feet to block the shot. She got all ball. What an incredible play for the freshman!

wonder no more.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?A...0804&Ref=PH

QUOTE(bigchief @ Jan 20 2007 - 02:49 PM) 826339119[/snapback]

Chris Fryer is the Tennessee Coach of the year period. End of story. Next question, please.

You tell em Keith. I have been saying that for several weeks now. No starters from last year and their best player from last year at WC and still beat them. If Fryer isn't coach of the year, none of the voters know what they are doing. I knew they had some talent but I thought that they would be something like 14-7 at this point, at best 16-5. They ARE rebuilding so look out! Should be #1 this week.

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Jan 20 2007 - 03:48 PM) 826339163[/snapback]

You tell em Keith. I have been saying that for several weeks now. No starters from last year and their best player from last year at WC and still beat them. If Fryer isn't coach of the year, none of the voters know what they are doing. I knew they had some talent but I thought that they would be something like 14-7 at this point, at best 16-5. They ARE rebuilding so look out! Should be #1 this week.

Coach Fryer has been outstanding this year and has a great staff. Sharp and Johnson and Purvis.

I will debate that either of the transers were MJ's best from last year

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Jan 20 2007 - 07:49 AM) 826338819[/snapback]

MJ only has 2 seniors back also. We will also get Hall back next year and with Brown coming on it could be fun. I hear there are some great 7th and 8th graders on their way up also. This district will be tough for years to come

Go Bears! I'm your #1 fan.

I think Lady Bears have a lot of fans that think of themself as the #1 fan.

I'd like to consider myself one of those fans.

Go Lady Bears ! ! ! ! ! There's no limit to what you can accomplish.....

QUOTE(MtJBears @ Jan 20 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826339303[/snapback]

I think Lady Bears have a lot of fans that think of themself as the #1 fan.

I'd like to consider myself one of those fans.

Go Lady Bears ! ! ! ! ! There's no limit to what you can accomplish.....

During the first 2 state championship years, I only missed 1 game the whole year each year. Now, I drive over 100 miles, one way, to see them play. I doubt anyone can say that they are a bigger fan than I.

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Jan 20 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826339459[/snapback]

During the first 2 state championship years, I only missed 1 game each year. Now, I drive over 100 miles, one way, to see them play. I doubt anyone can say that they are a bigger fan than I.

If one is able to talk then they are able to say that they are the #1 fan of MJ.

I presume that you are looking for an award, recognition, Bozo button, etc......

Maybe you should contact the local newspaper, I here your sports editor does a weekly column on opinionated jargon.

Personally, the #1 fan status is irrelevant. Stick to MJ basketball.