Lawrence Co upsets Shelbyville

persistant

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Jan 18 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826336462[/snapback]

It can happen. If Lincoln Co would have guarded Alex from the inside instead of overplaying her and had hit their shots, they could have beaten them. I have said many times and I will say again, Shelbyville isn't as good as some may think. They are not the best team in the state. They are a top10 team, but not beyond getting beat by some of the better teams on their schedule. Rough up Alex and she will not have a good game. Boxing out is key!

If anybody hits more shots than they did then of course they can win, fact is they didnt. Credit Shelbyville, who had something to do with that. They flat out took it to Lincoln Co thats it and thats all. So shoulda, coulda, woulda. And roughing someone else up will get a foul called against you. And dont forget about Buchanan and Dawson. How are you gonna account for them two? They can hurt you as much if not more than Jarrell.

QUOTE(greenwheel @ Jan 18 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826336745[/snapback]

Shelbyville by 16

If Shelbyville plays like they have the last two times I saw them and if Lawrence Co plays like they did when I saw them, I'll bet money they won't win by 16. If they do win this game, they I say they will go undefeated in the dist. I don't think Franklin Co will beat them. They could, but I don't think they will.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Jan 18 2007 - 04:49 PM) 826336749[/snapback]

If anybody hits more shots than they did then of course they can win, fact is they didnt. Credit Shelbyville, who had something to do with that. They flat out took it to Lincoln Co thats it and thats all. So shoulda, coulda, woulda. And roughing someone else up will get a foul called against you. And dont forget about Buchanan and Dawson. How are you gonna account for them two? They can hurt you as much if not more than Jarrell.

You missed my whole point. Oh well.

Roughing someone up isn't going to get you a foul if it is done correctly and if you have refs like they had that night.

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Jan 18 2007 - 05:32 PM) 826336784[/snapback]

You missed my whole point. Oh well.

Roughing someone up isn't going to get you a foul if it is done correctly and if you have refs like they had that night.

Point is there is no good point. Shelbyville wont lose tomorrow and wont lose in the distict. Cant anybody matchup with them and their size in the district. Roughing someone up is different than playing hard and being physical. Roughing someone up sounds like you are trying to hurt someone else. To the notion that SCHS is not as good as some think well that may be the case and they may not should be #1 but they are top three along with Wilson Central and Mt Juliet in the state.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Jan 18 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826336843[/snapback]

Point is there is no good point. Shelbyville wont lose tomorrow and wont lose in the distict. Cant anybody matchup with them and their size in the district. Roughing someone up is different than playing hard and being physical. Roughing someone up sounds like you are trying to hurt someone else. To the notion that SCHS is not as good as some think well that may be the case and they may not should be #1 but they are top three along with Wilson Central and Mt Juliet in the state.

Wilson Central is better than Shelbyville, but WC is not #2 in the state. They aren't even #2 in their district.

"Roughing up" someone means to get physical with them. It doesn't mean anything else. Just make them earn what they get.

I'm not saying that Shelbyville will lose, but you can't say they are for sure going to win. It should be a good game but it can also get out of hand early. You never know which team will show up.

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Jan 18 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826337007[/snapback]

Wilson Central is better than Shelbyville, but WC is not #2 in the state. They aren't even #2 in their district.

"Roughing up" someone means to get physical with them. It doesn't mean anything else. Just make them earn what they get.

I'm not saying that Shelbyville will lose, but you can't say they are for sure going to win. It should be a good game but it can also get out of hand early. You never know which team will show up.

I realize you are a Mt. Juliet fan who took some notable time out to watch the Shelbyville/LC game on Tuesday night, but there's no need to bring your prejudiced pro-9AAA comments onto this thread. No team in the state (incl. Mt. Juliet) is the favorite to beat Shelbyville on Shelbyville's home court, and no team in the state (incl. Shelbyville) is favored to beat MJ on MJ's home court. Better to judge MJ after they play Smyrna and WC on their home courts; and after WC takes on Shelbyville at Shelbyville's home on Jan. 27. Let's sit back and watch the cream rise to the top at Regionals/State play. That will decide all this MJ/S/WC stuff. Until then, it's all speculation flavored by each team's fans. And don't lose sight of Cleveland if Simpson gets healthy!

Back to the thread - everyone's dreaming - including you - if you think either Lawrence County or FC will upset Shelbyville at this point in district play!

QUOTE(HUCK @ Jan 19 2007 - 07:21 AM) 826337373[/snapback]

As Jack H. Harlow would say, "A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!"

That's why this could go LCH's way. The last two times I have been to Shelbyville, they have lost. It may be 3 if I go to the Wilson Central game. They can loose there and it could happen tonight.

Yes, I'll be in Smyrna.

Speaking of Smyrna, Shelbyville had better look out for them. They are, maybe, the most improved team since the begining of the year.